Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

How did they fit?

Yup, 245/45-17.
    85 Ford LTD LX: Four eyes and Four doors

EFI swap, AFR 165 heads, 5-speed conversion, Cobra brakes, etc.

Got my one Dodge wheel in yesterday and as soon as I find a used tire for it and finish my five lug I am going to do some testing. I am going to try a 235/45 in the front because I want to lower it. Maybe a 255 in the rear depending on how that fits.

Redneck Riviera, Fort Walton Beach Florida

I know it's old, but in case anyone was wondering you can get the ford CVI and mopar style 17" steel wheels through summit.

These are ford type, have the 6" BS, so will be tucked under the car better.
    https://www.summitracing.com/parts/r...-108/overview/

These are the mopar style, has the 4.5 backspace, so looks like more of a dish, and will have a wider track.
    https://www.summitracing.com/parts/rnb-939-137
    Last edited by David Claflin; 03-03-2018 at 10:43 PM.
    1985 LTD LX, Mach1 brakes, 17" Mopar police car wheels. 302, T5, 4.10s
    1984 LTD station wagon, with 84GT nose, some might remember it as the old Dugan Racing station wagon.
    1986 FHP coupe, stock shortblock, TW heads, Holley SMII intake, 4.88, T5Z
    1990 Red LX, ported AFR heads, TFS-R box upper, weenie cam, 1 3/4 long accufabs, 3" exhaust, T5, 4.56

FEP Senior Member

I thought the '03+ 17" CV steel wheels had too much positive offset to work (+44.5mm)? It looks like the Chrysler wheels have a lot less offset (+21mm). I am planning to run '95 front spindles with fox arms and fox length axles in the rear and was resigned to running '98-'02 16" steel wheels. I had completely forgotten about this thread.

The older 16" Ford steel wheels have +12mm offset according to the answer by a Summit tech in the Q&A section.
    https://www.summitracing.com/parts/rnb-939-131
    And confirmed on the Dorman site.
    https://www.dormanproducts.com/p-660...eel&origin=YMM
    '89 XR-7 5 Speed
    '95 SC 5 Speed
    '91 Crown Vic P72 351W
    '97 Thunderbird
    '85 Ford LTD Squire

Quote Originally Posted by KevinVarnes View Post
    I thought the '03+ 17" CV steel wheels had too much positive offset to work (+44.5mm)? It looks like the Chrysler wheels have a lot less offset (+21mm). I am planning to run '95 front spindles with fox arms and fox length axles in the rear and was resigned to running '98-'02 16" steel wheels. I had completely forgotten about this thread.

The older 16" Ford steel wheels have +12mm offset according to the answer by a Summit tech in the Q&A section.
    I’m running the later vic wheels to accomodate cobra brakes. Up front I had to run 25mm spacers and out back I have the cobra irs. The wheels are tucked but fit.

Or get them modified and they'll fit however you want! 5" up front and 10" wide out back.

Name:  IMG_8986.jpg
Views: 455
Size:  139.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by never View Post
    Or get them modified and they'll fit however you want! 5" up front and 10" wide out back.

That is badass! Not exactly a sleeper.

Quote Originally Posted by nelzfoxes View Post
    That is badass! Not exactly a sleeper.
    Thanks...even with the chute off, if you know what you're looking for, it's not really a sleeper. And when it's running, it's definitely not a sleeper!

Funny that this thread has new activity. I recently swapped my rear brakes to SN95 Cobra with Fox length axles and long wheel studs, so now I can run pretty much any rear wheels I want. But since I originally posted this, I've installed a MM tubular K-member and '96 spindles, so my front track width is a bit wider than before.

I now want a second set of wheels for my car so I wanted to revisit what these Mopar steelies look like on my car, and I'm reminded how much I like them. I'm just not thrilled about the idea of 245 tires on 7" wheels.

I also find it odd that Dorman lists them as 5x114.3 lug pattern whereas the stock Mopar wheels are 5x115. I wonder if they're just rounding up?

I am gonna have a set done in white with some track day tires!

Nice, who did you have modify them? What size tire are you running on the front?

1984 LTD station wagon, with 84GT nose, some might remember it as the old Dugan Racing station wagon.
    1990 Red LX, ported AFR heads, TFS-R box upper, weenie cam, 1 3/4 long accufabs, 3" exhaust, T5, 4.56

Quote Originally Posted by David Claflin View Post
    Nice, who did you have modify them? What size tire are you running on the front?
    Gary at Pico Wheel in LA did them. The front tires are MT Sportsman SR fronts 26x6.

How much did the widening cost?

Quote Originally Posted by LTDScott View Post
    How much did the widening cost?
    It wasn’t cheap but I can’t remember exactly...I think I figured out the price after exchange and I’m pretty sure it was $900 Canadian.

Ouch. I've heard they raised their prices recently. Not keen on spending more than the cost of wheels on widening.

Quote Originally Posted by LTDScott View Post
    Ouch. I've heard they raised their prices recently. Not keen on spending more than the cost of wheels on widening.
    I got the wheels for $50 so the work was MUCH more than the cost of the wheels! And it sucked paying for shipping to/from Canada!

It wasn’t cheap but I can’t remember exactly...I think I figured out the price after exchange and I’m pretty sure it was $900 Canadian.
    I know it's of no help now, but for anyone else who wanted to get wheels widened, I asked Stockton wheel about widening the 17x7 to a 17x8, and they said it would be $150 per wheel.

I'm looking into potentially a 92 Mark VII rear for my build and some 17" crown vic steelies...now after reading through the whole thread, sounds like would have to run 235s to be safe? I haven't bought either of the two things yet so dropping in for consultation to make sure I don't end up in a dead end road.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinVarnes View Post

Chrysler wheels are like +18mm offset. Crown Vic (03+) I have seen +43mm, consensus seems to be varies between +40-50mm.

If anyone wants to buy a set of Chrysler 300/Charger wheels off of me, and you're near the midwest...they're for sale. I still want to see the two wheels side by side, because if the diameters of the 10 holes are the same, and the spacing of their centerline around the hub are the same, and the bulge around the hub a similar diameter...the crown vic wheels might be my answer for the rear but the 300s the answer for up front.
    Last edited by Str8sixfan; 06-24-2019 at 03:26 PM.

If anyone's interested, my Charger Wheels are now for sale - http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...s-City-Kansas)

I did a comparison video since I had both on hand of the P71 wheels vs the Late model Charger Wheels - https://youtu.be/5fs7X_RIOls

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234