Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by anthonydalrymple;555259As it came via truck shipment. The top of the main "hoop" looks like it could have been easily damaged; but it wasn't even nicked. I'm guessing that the top hoop did originally have the heavy white cardboard protection, just like the sides of the hoop have in the picture. I'm guessing the cardboard got ripped off at some point and time in transit...... [b
    There was no damage to be found on anything in this kit.[/b]
    Just FYI.... Mine just came too To your point, mine was packaged EXACTLY the same way. There was nothing wrong with mine either (Not a nick on it), but it sure could have. I can see it being dragged on the top hoop because its easirt that way than on the wood on the bottom.

I am snapping pictures, and will start another thread (using yours as a guide ) with the install in a hatch back. Its going to take me a little while to get around to it, but wanted to add to this point.

Bob Myers

Nice work, sticky nomination.

Rob.
    1985 GT 4V H.O. Work in progress, off and on, since December '87. http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/606903/1

Those plates with the bend are to for reinforcing the rear seat panel by welding it to seat panel and rear body crossmember. (The one that runs between rear wheel wells.)

I'm in process of installing one in my 86 convertible. A little more labor than I thought.

Cool, just got done putting in a Steeda roll bar in my stang. Have no idea how im going to get the back of the seat in it though. Does your back seat have the big aluminum plate on it like mine (pictured below)? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Triple white 5.0l GLX convertible.
    -lots of little stuff done to it, just working on making it a nice fun DD for now.

No one has run into a problem putting the rear seat back in?
    -lots of little stuff done to it, just working on making it a nice fun DD for now.

New User

I cut a notch out of the aluminum on mine to make it fit right.

Quote Originally Posted by cleatus View Post
    I cut a notch out of the aluminum on mine to make it fit right.
    Thats what i ended up doing. Thanks though.

FEP Super Member anthonydalrymple's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 83glx5.0 View Post
    Thats what i ended up doing. Thanks though.
    I'm so sorry! I had lost track of this thread soooooooo long ago! The MM kit came with a template & instruction on where exactly to cut the back seat cusion aluminum backing plate. It was easy to follow & a "one time cut & fit' deal IMHO.....
    '89 5.0 5-speed 'vert, seeing rust for the 1st time in it's life as well as 4,500+ elevation....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12