Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by 86GT2go View Post
    That SVO is sweet. I love the new GT rims on the car. Any fitment/backspacing/offset issues with those wheels?
    nope they bolted right up to the stock svo stuff 2005-07 (those are 07) and I put on 234/45zr17 with no rubbing at any point of travel or steer. 04 and down bullits don't work at all but fitment problems, backspace problems, I tried them first.
    Hug A Turtle Today!
    85 svo Comp Prep
    Enough spare parts to build at least 2 complete turbo cars.

http://www.fordturbo.com (Faq, Tech, Forum, Gallery)
    http://www.fastest4d.com (My cars/projects & pics)

Good luck on the rest of the trip! That thing is sweet lookin! If you swap out the 4:10/7.5, what do you want for the 4:10s?Thanks!I like the last pic it looks like a post card or something!
    79 Mustang COBRA 302/C4 (sold)
    82 Zephyr Z7 200 I6/C5 (daily driver work car)
    78 Fairmont Wagon 5.0/5spd (possibly selling it)
    80 Mustang coupe (sold)
    84 Mustang coupe 5.0/5spd (gave to my son)
    85 Mustang GT 5.0/auto "Wifes"
    87 Mustang Coupe 5.0/C4 (sold)
    88 Mustang Coupe 5.0/5spd (sold)
    90 Mustang Hatch 2.3/5spd (traded)
    Load it like a boxcar........drive it like a dragcar!!!!!!!!!

Well I ended the day here in Independence Missouri, and I think I picked the wrong "Quality Inn" to stay at. Sounds like street racers outside and a bunch of sirens. Oh well it's a bed.

Car was running extremely well at 80-85 (3750-4000 RPM), but I decided to turn it down a notch today and I kept it at about 60-68 (2750-3100 RPM) and the fuel mileage went up about 125 miles per tank. I was coming through Salina Kansas and a state trooper, going west, made a quick U-turn, through the median sending dirt and dust everywhere, and had it sideways pulling out. He must have been going 110 to catch up to me. I thought I was going to get pulled for something, but he pulled along side, gave it a good look over, then pulled along side and gave me a thumbs up and took off making another u-turn to go west.

I did notice tonight in the last 50 miles that the amp light was coming on at lower RPMs so I am going to have to get that checked out once I get back. Maybe I'll do the 3g upgrade and call it a day. Anyhow off to eat and then sleep. Tomorrow's (600 mile)drive is going to land me in Columbus so it should be a short one.
    83 GT Turbo

any more pics soon????? thanks for the larger one from Idahom I forwarded it to david already
    Hug A Turtle Today!
    85 svo Comp Prep

FEP Super Member

Columbus is only 62 miles from my house. Like I said, you can call and crash at my place.
    " If you're not living life on the edge, that means you're taking up too much room."
    1979 Mustang Indy Pace 2.3T/4spd (sold on 1/10/16)
    1983 GLX vert 3.8/auto (triple black, sold on 10/8/13)
    1984 (early) Turbo GT (parts SLOWLY coming together)
    1985 Coupe 4.6L DOHC/IRS swapped (sold 9/10/17)
    1986 GT TTop 5spd (sold as of 10/8/13)
    1988 Thunderbird TurboCoupe (Cobra IRS/Brakes/big turbo project)

Car looks awesome and good luck on your trip.
    2.3 turbo guru

Quote Originally Posted by 93-331-29PSI View Post
    Anyhow off to eat and then sleep. Tomorrow's (600 mile)drive is going to land me in Columbus so it should be a short one.
    If you need to stop by louisville,ky for any reason you can have a place to take a break and i have tools also.
    2.3 turbo guru

This is so cool, I love it when everyone wants to help out.

You must have rolled right past me then, I live off of I-84 in Gresham By Troutdale in Oregon. It's on your way to Idaho. Yea, some of the Washington roads suck, I used to do that trip in a rig, and boy does it rattle your bones sometimes. Beautiful car by the way, I hope you have a safe journey the rest of the way home and God speed.
    -Kal
    "One man can make a difference." -Wilton Knight
    84 Mustang T-Top
    THE WRAITH

Women are like cars, sometimes you find one you fall in love with, and sometimes you end up with a lemon.

Well I am at a friends in Grove City Ohio and it saddens me to report that the passenger side fog lamp has been destroyed. It took a stone and the lens was shattered. I don't have any additional pictures, but when I get to Williamsport Pa tomorrow I will get it cleaned up and get some scenic pics.

I want to thank everyone who has extended me an offer for a place to stay, you are all very kind. I would have accepted the offer by 86GT2go but I already had plans for that same area, thanks again.

Anyhow last night turned out to be quite an unpleasant stay. If anyone passes through Independence Missouri avoid Noland Road hotels. I think 3 hookers were busted on the street where that GT turbo sits, and people with their fart can mufflers racing around. Cops patrolling the hotel parking lots running every license plate. Not to mention what sounded like gun shots in the near distance. Tomorrow I arrive at my mothers house for the weekend so if anyone from the area wants to get together after Thanksgiving I am available.

Almost forgot to mention this idiot in a del-sol in Eastern Indiana insisted on trying to get my attention, went 20 miles out of his way to try and get me to race him. He would get in front of me and slow to 30 then I go to pass and he'd floor it. I wasn't going to give him the satisfaction so I decided to pull off for a icy cold beverage. I got a mile down the road and he was flipping me off as I passed him going the other way.
    83 GT Turbo

Venomous Moderator Hissing Cobra's Avatar

A del sol? You can't be serious! What a tool! Sorry to hear about the foglight. I'm sure it won't be too hard to replace. Is the car still running good?
    Pete Slaney

1979 Mustang Cobra

347/T-5/4.30's
    420 rwhp/380 rwt (New Motor)
    11.49 @ 121.86

306/T-5/4.30's (Old Motor)
    307 rwhp/278 rwt
    12.38 @ 111.38

I may have another fog light around here.
    Hug A Turtle Today!
    85 svo Comp Prep

FEP Super Member

I have a few spare sets of the Marcels...one set is even apart right now because the backing was trashed. You can have the lens if you want it. Glad to know you got to your destination OK, and I actually know about where you are staying in Grove City. I used to live in Columbus and have a friend in Grove City......I actually went to look at a car there at the tranny shop just off the interstate for the guy.
    " If you're not living life on the edge, that means you're taking up too much room."

heck if you are in columbus you should look up lew "GT350R" and Mike "Gator" they would be a good time and have some really nice 4 eyes and svos
    Hug A Turtle Today!
    85 svo Comp Prep

Nice SVO. Road trips in a newly bought car are cool - wish I could do one.

Keep posting!

Dean T
    Proud owner of the one and only Friggin' Futura

Quote Originally Posted by Hissing Cobra View Post
    A del sol? You can't be serious! What a tool! Sorry to hear about the foglight. I'm sure it won't be too hard to replace. Is the car still running good?
    The car is running great, I did need to add 1/2 a quart of oil, but I expected that would be the case especially after a 2400 mile trip. I also had to replace the hatch striker bushing today because the old one went missing and the hatch wouldn't stay latched. And of course the parts store didn't rent tools so I had to cut the bushing to get it on the striker, then black taped it as a temp fix.

Quote Originally Posted by 86GT2go View Post
    I have a few spare sets of the Marcels...one set is even apart right now because the backing was trashed. You can have the lens if you want it. Glad to know you got to your destination OK, and I actually know about where you are staying in Grove City. I used to live in Columbus and have a friend in Grove City......I actually went to look at a car there at the tranny shop just off the interstate for the guy.
    A lens would be awesome, but I think the mirror/reflecor may be broken also. I will post an ad in the parts wanted section once I get a chance to look it over.
    83 GT Turbo

FEP Super Member

I will rifle through my stash and get one to you. Unfortunately, the cat head emblems are gone, but the light is in good shape otherwise.....PM me when you are ready for it.

well you were hoping to make it to the PA today I thought? just ckecking in to make sure you are made it to your backyard.....
    Hug A Turtle Today!
    85 svo Comp Prep

Well I made it to Williamsport PA today, and of course problems started within the last 100 miles. I stopped to eat and came out put the key in the ignition, turned it to on getting ready to start it when I seen smoke and smelled cooked wires. I quickly popped the hood and discovered the electric fan wires on fire. I quickly put them out before anything else caught fire. I discovered that the wiring wasn't really up to par (no offense Troy), but it has been replaced with 10 gauge wire and toggle switch until I can get an aftermarket fan controller (Friday) put on. I also think that I cooked the brand new fuel pump because it is whining really loud so I will have to get that warranty card out so I can have it replaced. In the mean time I bought another new pump to put in until I can get the warrantied unit back. Never hurts to have a spare on hand, plus the Capri will need one anyhow. I have 400 miles to go until I am back at my house but I won't get there until Sunday. Gotta hang with the family here until then.

All in all the trip was a ton on fun, and I feel that I got a great little car, and once I get a few minor things worked out it should be good for a trip back to the NW BBQ.
    83 GT Turbo

Congrats on the purchase and trek from out west back to the east coast. Sounds like it have been a neat adventure. Good luck on the rest of your trip and thanks for posting this thread. It's almost like we've been along for the ride with you

JT
    1979 Indy Pace Car Mustang 302 / 5spd
    1982 Mustang GT T-Top 302 / 4spd
    1986 SVO Mustang - 1C

Quote Originally Posted by 93-331-29PSI View Post
    Well I made it to Williamsport PA today, and of course problems started within the last 100 miles. I stopped to eat and came out put the key in the ignition, turned it to on getting ready to start it when I seen smoke and smelled cooked wires. I quickly popped the hood and discovered the electric fan wires on fire. I quickly put them out before anything else caught fire. I discovered that the wiring wasn't really up to par (no offense Troy), .
    No offense taken, Dave (the guy who I bought it from) is the one who redid the fan wireing and hooked it up the relays. (I do my wiring clean and do not use electrical tape) I pulled more useless wire out from under that hood when I bought it, and it had the worst car alarm and stero install I had ever seen. I pulled nests of wires out and cleaned them up, but the fan was working the way it was wired up so I let it be.
    Hug A Turtle Today!
    85 svo Comp Prep

FEP Supporter

North of Seattle, near the "Four-Eye-Field-of-Dreams"

Did I hear you say "it should be good for a trip back to the NW" ?? Just let me know when.

Neil
    Check out the Northwest "4-Eye" BBQ here >>> WWW.NWFOUREYEBBQ.COM

foureyebbq@hotmail.com (to be put on the BBQ list )

Lots of pics of my ride for your viewing pleasure....
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2052657/1

FEP Member

Man this is cool as hell. Id offered ya a place to crach if ya were oging through Louisville, KY. Kickass SVO man!
    1986 Mustang GT 5.0/5 speed T-tops Too much stuff to list now...
    1/8 ET: 8.33@83.84MPH 1.90 60ft (NX 100 shot)
    1.8 ET: 8.33@89.86MPH 2.12 60ft (NX 150 shot)

2002 Mustang GT 4.6L/TR3650

4.10's, MGW shifter, stickies, NX 100 shot
    1.63 60ft 7.60@90MPH 11.95@113MPH

Quote Originally Posted by WHTLTHR79RS View Post
    Did I hear you say "it should be good for a trip back to the NW" ?? Just let me know when.

Neil
    Yeah, that is my plan, but I have to talk the wife into going with me. I don't know that I want to do it alone again. It would be nice if others along the way met up so we could convoy.
    83 GT Turbo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12