Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

TRX.

Doesn't anyone try and retread those tires? I know retreads are not ideal but for just doing shows or whatever, I bet they would work allright.

-Mike

doesn't Coker have new skins?

Here's one listed for ya:
    http://worcester.craigslist.org/car/447261185.html

No picture or any real clue of the condition.....
    1979 Indy Pace Car Mustang 302 / 5spd
    1982 Mustang GT T-Top 302 / 4spd
    1986 SVO Mustang - 1C

Neither here nor there

I have pics of that car....the last owner was a member here.
    Car sold for just over 2g before I believe

83_crimsoncat, I hope I didn't scare you off or anything. I was just trying to put things into "perspective" for you.

Good luck, with the car. They do tend to grow on you and you might find yourself hopelessly hooked on it eventually. IMHO, Crimson Cats are one of my favorites. You're in a pretty exclusive club.

-Mike

Yes, that looks exactly like mine., can't tell about the interior, but the engine compartment looks the same also. THis vehicle stickered for about 10,450 without air, which was not factory standard. Mine has a 4 speed and posi rear end. From what I can find out, there were only about 800 made. They have to be very rare, I have never seen another one.

86EuroCoupe

Rare, somewhat, but desirable, no. You have to be a Capri lover to appreciate the "rare" Capri's. Unfortunately, there are not enough Capri lovers out there to bring the prices up. I have owned 4 RS Capris an 83 Crimson Cat and an 86 Eurocoupe and nobody gives a crap about them. I love Capris and will miss owning one. I love the way they look and the stance that they have. I will miss owning one as I have had one in the driveway for the past 15 years but I now am Capri less and moving on. It may be a "rare" Capri but it does not bring its value up.

Welcome aboard! It's good to see that you found a Crimson Cat. They are getting harder to come by. I looked at the one listed on the Ma. Craigslist that is listed in this thread when the previous owner was selling it. It had potential but needed too much work and money than I had to spend or I would have bought it. I hope you keep it. Good luck!
    ~Paul

1982 Mustang GT
    1983 Mustang GT TTop
    1985 Mustang LX 5.0 Notchback
    1995 Ford F150 SVT Lightning
    www.cardomain.com/id/mustang4life1985

As negusm said rarity does not always translate to value, however often items specifically when there is an interesting story attached, often hold more personal value than anything else.

I bought a clunker 82 WM t-top car, with a missing 4.2 and an automatic. I remember bringing it home and only telling my father about it the day before. But my dad is a mechanic and I was always used to building and fixing cars with him, so it became another father/son project for us.

The car is now long gone by over a decade as the leaky T's really did a number on the floors, however to this day, it remains my favorite and still wish I had it.

Take pleasure in that you have a rare find with a nice story attached. It's those stories and memories that you take with you long after the money is spent from selling it.

Quote Originally Posted by eeprete View Post
    As negusm said rarity does not always translate to value, however often items specifically when there is an interesting story attached, often hold more personal value than anything else.

I bought a clunker 82 WM t-top car, with a missing 4.2 and an automatic. I remember bringing it home and only telling my father about it the day before. But my dad is a mechanic and I was always used to building and fixing cars with him, so it became another father/son project for us.

The car is now long gone by over a decade as the leaky T's really did a number on the floors, however to this day, it remains my favorite and still wish I had it.

Take pleasure in that you have a rare find with a nice story attached. It's those stories and memories that you take with you long after the money is spent from selling it.
    Amen to that! But usually we look at the money portion of "investments" first. Not that any car can be considered a strict investment. We usually are working on an older car due to some memory we have. After we are gone, the car seldom holds any true monetary/investment value.
    Last edited by jonas1022; 12-01-2007 at 04:08 PM.
    1984 Capri RS 5.0 (deceased)
    1994 F-150
    2001 Mustang Bullitt
    2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser (son's ride)
    2008 Mazda Tribute

.687 int. .679 exh solid roller in a 396 windsor Whatchu got?????

Quote Originally Posted by 83_crimsoncat View Post
    I just bought a Crimson Cat and am looking for some facts about these cars if you know anything could you please post. Also what they are valued at.

To view pics go to http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2929776
    good luck with the car
    ~ May those who love us love us. And those that don’t love us, May God turn their hearts. And if He doesn’t turn their hearts, May he turn their ankles, So we’ll know them by their limping. ~

IRISH TOAST

Thought I'd give my 2 cents on value. I had my Cat appraised for $13900 back in 1994. Independent appraiser by my insurance company. Has been parked in my garage since, insured for $13900.
    Selling it for $2500 would just not be an option. Maybe a untimely death and collect the insurance?? Not that I'm in anyway suggesting I'd do that or anyone else should. I wonder how many people are just trolling for a good steal when they make statements about the value only being $2500.
    83 Crimson Cat
    79 Pace Car V-8 4spd
    70 Bronco

Blog Entries

Currently, there is a serious disparity between insurance appraisal numbers and what the market will legitimately bear for these cars (there's also the whole 'replacement value' vs. 'market value' thing). Also, a 14 year old appraisal on a car can't really be relied upon to reflect market value any more than a bank would rely upon a 14 year old appraisal for a house when considering approving a loan. We've been through this with our insurance company and some of our cars.

It isn't a matter of trolling for deals, it is more a matter of a realistic view of a market that is not educated or enthusiastic about Capris in general. None of us want to sound condescending or harsh or rude about the situation, but many of us spend a lot of time watching ads, auctions (both online and elsewhere) and keeping an eye on the asking and selling prices of these cars.

Although some Foxes are starting to look stronger on the market, they tend to be the higher-production and therefore better-known cars. Pace Cars in prime condition are a good example. People somehow perceive them to be rare, when at nearly 10,500, they are not. Super low-mileage examples come up all the time, and sell for very good money. Why? Because people know what they are, they have seen them, they have heard of them and therefore they know that they want them.

One of the things we struggle with is that during these early Fox years, there was an incredible variety available. Trim levels, engine choices, special models, it's fantastic. But, many quickly faded into obscurity. Until recently, most supposed Fox enthusiasts would argue that the only Fox "Cobra" was in 1993, having no clue about 79-81 Cobras or even the Canadian Cobra GTs. First "SVT" Cobra, sure, but not the first Fox to be called Cobra. Many will say that the only 2.3T cars were SVOs, having no idea about the carbed turbo cars or the 83/84 Turbo GT or Turbo RS. Get further off the path with Predators, Black Magics and the like and people will think you're insane or simply not care. This is why we're trying to wave some flags about these cars while there are still at least a few left out there to be discovered. We're losing examples of very rare cars all the time, mostly because no one knows about them and no one knows that they should try to give the car a chance instead of sending them off for scrap.

The Capris in general will suffer from the Mercury Curse. The Mercury sibling cars rarely, if ever, pull in the interest (and therefore money) of their Ford counterparts. Among the few early Foxes that are pulling in anything at or above 10K are cars like pure, low-mileage, well-documented and unmolested 85-86 GTs, Pace Cars, perhaps some unusual SVOs and the like. I'm not sure when the last time I saw a five-figure price and a successful sale on a Capri, other than a nice ascMcLaren, which miraculously tend to buck the trends.

Here at the house, we have an 84 Turbo RS (which I way overpaid for, just to get my hands on it and save it from further Mustang-ization molestation) and an 82 Black Magic (and two more Capris besides). I'd LOVE to see the world just catch fire over these cars so that they would finally get the recognition and respect that I feel they deserve. I will also do what little I can to try to make something like that happen, and others are doing so as well. BUT...I'm not expecting it to happen any time soon, perhaps never. Doesn't mean it's not worth the effort, though.

Anyway, don't want to scare you off with a reply to your first post that sounds like a rant, because it isn't, really...it's more of a lament of the reality we observe for these cars that we care about so much. Please do stick around, post some pics of your car and have some fun on the board.

Well said and I will not be scared off. It just took me a while to find out about the website and get started.
    83 Crimson Cat
    79 Pace Car V-8 4spd
    70 Bronco

wow, i forgot all about this thread, but chipper do you have any pics of your crimson cat?
    1983 mercury capri crimson cat

5.0 302

1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee I6

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12