Close

View Poll Results: What stage are you in?

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • Daily Driver

26 30.95%
  • Project Car(non-drivable/in pieces)

25 29.76%
  • Project Car(drivable but in really rough shape and you don't want to take any chances)

14 16.67%
  • Restored

24 28.57%
  • Show Material/Only comes out for shows

4 4.76%
  • None of the above or I don't have a Mustang

4 4.76%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by mmb617 View Post
    I think you need a category called "toy", as I'm sure there are others whose cars fit that description. My car is not a DD, if anything it's a project car, since I always have more things I want to do to it, but it's neither in pieces, nor in rough shape.

I think of "restored" as being brought back to as original as possible, so I don't come close to fitting that category either.

My car isn't nearly nice enough to be a show queen, and I wouldn't want to be afraid to drive it for fear of getting a mark on it or something.

I didn't think I fit in any of the listed categories, so I voted as "none of the above".

I still think "toy" best describes my car. I have done the body work and painted it myself, so it looks pretty good, but is not the kind of high dollar job you'd see on a show car. I have swapped out the motor for a windsor stroker, so it runs pretty good too. I really like to work on the car, and am only held back by my limited funds.

As far as driving usage, it only leaves the garage for cruising on nice days, short runs around town for the most part. I like to go to the local cruise ins, but not to judged shows. I plan on drag racing it on a regular basis starting next year. In other words, I just want to have fun with it. I think that makes it a toy.
    I know where you are coming from on this one...I didn't feel my car really fit in to any of the categories either.
    '83 GT, Black, T-Tops, Leather, Built 351W (FEPFER August '09)
    '03 SVT Cobra, DSG, 2.8 Kenne Bell Mammoth, 643 RWHP 621 RW torque

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet'83 View Post
    Well....mine could be a daily driver but I mostly drive it on weekends and really nice days. It's not specifcally a "Showcar" but I do take it to shows occasionally. Im not really sure where my car fits in, in you're criteria?
    I agree with sweet'83, My '85 Saleen gets driven on short little runs here and there but do take it to shows even though its not a SHOW CAR by any means. There isn't a place in the poll that fits our situation.
    Gary Alsobrooks
    Saleen Club of America
    Tennessee State Rep.

1985 Saleen T-top #49
    1987 Saleen Conv. #70

Quote Originally Posted by mmb617 View Post
    I think you need a category called "toy", as I'm sure there are others whose cars fit that description. My car is not a DD, if anything it's a project car, since I always have more things I want to do to it, but it's neither in pieces, nor in rough shape.

I think of "restored" as being brought back to as original as possible, so I don't come close to fitting that category either.

My car isn't nearly nice enough to be a show queen, and I wouldn't want to be afraid to drive it for fear of getting a mark on it or something.

I didn't think I fit in any of the listed categories, so I voted as "none of the above".

I still think "toy" best describes my car. I have done the body work and painted it myself, so it looks pretty good, but is not the kind of high dollar job you'd see on a show car. I have swapped out the motor for a windsor stroker, so it runs pretty good too. I really like to work on the car, and am only held back by my limited funds.

As far as driving usage, it only leaves the garage for cruising on nice days, short runs around town for the most part. I like to go to the local cruise ins, but not to judged shows. I plan on drag racing it on a regular basis starting next year. In other words, I just want to have fun with it. I think that makes it a toy.
    I can see your point, but I can't figure out how to add another category. I used "restored" as the generalization of it's whole, complete, drivable, done for now and that could mean modded or completely stock. I knew there were people that didn't fit into any of the catergory's so that is why there is the none of the above, I just put up the most common ones that everyone seems to have. If I had to put a catergory for each one there would probably be about 20 of them or so. Racing only, racing and DD, toy, etc... Plus I think the more catergory's you have the more confusing it would be, then you have people that says "I take my car to shows but then I'm off to the strip then cruising at the local hang out, which category do I fit in?" as an example. With fewer catergory's the choices are easier, so many things can fit into each one.
    Based on your description I would say it would fit into the restored category but none of the above is fine. This poll is all based on what you, the owners think about your cars.
    -Kal
    "One man can make a difference." -Wilton Knight
    84 Mustang T-Top
    THE WRAITH

Women are like cars, sometimes you find one you fall in love with, and sometimes you end up with a lemon.

HI.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwingsaleen View Post
    I agree with sweet'83, My '85 Saleen gets driven on short little runs here and there but do take it to shows even though its not a SHOW CAR by any means. There isn't a place in the poll that fits our situation.
    Restored would fit, it doesn't need to be a show car to fit into that catagory. Plenty of cars you see at a show are nice DD quality. There is a catergory just for true show cars and since your's and sweet 83's are VERY nice but not true show cars and you only go to shows every once in a while it would fit into the restored catergory. This should explain the breakdown a bit better. It's from an earlier post:
    A lot of this is where you guy's(and gal's) feel it should belong. Daily Driver is for cars who are on the road most of the week if not all week, may need some work here and there, maybe an engine swap in the future but over all in good shape.
    Restored would be something to take out on the weekends if the weathers nice and/or a show every once and awhile. It can be modded or a stock car. Usually you have something else to take to work or the store, just so you don't have to take the stang for whatever reason. Yea, you still tinker with it(I haven't seen a car yet that the owner didn't feel it was totally finished) or do some light mod's or change the rims to what you've always wanted but overall it's done, no major work to be done YET. Once the work begins it would probably fall into one of the Project categories.
    Show would be a true trailer queen, only comes out when the sun is shining bright and there is a show to go to. Once in a blue moon you may take a drive but overall the pony sits in the garage waiting for the next show, probably being waxed and polished with a baby diaper. Not to many of these around cause usually the owner wants to go out and have a good time with it!
    I hope this answers your question better. I posted a response and I looked at it and it didn't look right so I decided to give a somewhat better description.
    Let me know if you have questions or comments, good or bad.
    -Kal
    84 Mustang T-Top
    THE WRAITH

Women are like cars, sometimes you find one you fall in love with, and sometimes you end up with a lemon.

HI.
    Hi, lol.
    -Kal
    84 Mustang T-Top
    THE WRAITH

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow 1 View Post
    Hi, lol.
    Just thought I would lighten things up...

Just thought I would lighten things up...
    lol, much abliged. I needed that.
    -Kal
    84 Mustang T-Top
    THE WRAITH

Well, I voted for the restored section, although I have to agree with mmb617, there needs to be a toy option. My car is not restored, but it's in very nice original condition (paint, body and interior) and modified. The car also gets flogged at the track.

I don't consider my car to be anything near "show quality", but it's a slick car though. It's never been a dd for me, nor will it ever be. I avoid bad weather and such with it, but I don't have a coronary if it gets wet or something. My car is probably part project (because it'll never truly be finished) and restored I guess, because it doesn't see daily duty.
    86 GT 363 w/80mm turbo-currently under construction
    19 F-150 Lariat Supercrew-DD

I don't think any car is really truly finished.
    -Kal
    84 Mustang T-Top
    THE WRAITH

FEP Super Member

My garage looks like it threw up parts and rust, then crapped the better parts out into the driveway at the convertible. P.S: Interesting post Shadow1....I like it. You'd be suprised at how many nice cars (and not so nice cars) I have invited to join and they never do.
    " If you're not living life on the edge, that means you're taking up too much room."
    1979 Mustang Indy Pace 2.3T/4spd (sold on 1/10/16)
    1983 GLX vert 3.8/auto (triple black, sold on 10/8/13)
    1984 (early) Turbo GT (parts SLOWLY coming together)
    1985 Coupe 4.6L DOHC/IRS swapped (sold 9/10/17)
    1986 GT TTop 5spd (sold as of 10/8/13)
    1988 Thunderbird TurboCoupe (Cobra IRS/Brakes/big turbo project)

I put down restored for mine based on the condition. The '79 could almost be called a survivor; nothing wrong with it other than general maintenance stuff and the only thing 'altered' is it's been re-painted. The '84 was 99% original when I got it with only minor issues which I fixed and have since done some upgrades, (drivetrain is still stock.) Neither are show cars IMO but are still in very good condition.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazlem View Post
    I put down restored for mine based on the condition. The '79 could almost be called a survivor; nothing wrong with it other than general maintenance stuff and the only thing 'altered' is it's been re-painted. The '84 was 99% original when I got it with only minor issues which I fixed and have since done some upgrades, (drivetrain is still stock.) Neither are show cars IMO but are still in very good condition.
    thats exactly what I would have done.
    -Kal
    84 Mustang T-Top
    THE WRAITH

Quote Originally Posted by 86GT2go View Post
    My garage looks like it threw up parts and rust, then crapped the better parts out into the driveway at the convertible. P.S: Interesting post Shadow1....I like it. You'd be suprised at how many nice cars (and not so nice cars) I have invited to join and they never do.
    I know what you mean, my garage is getting like that. Thanks for the complement, and I love getting them(which is not that often, hint hint) but which post am I getting it for?
    -Kal
    84 Mustang T-Top
    THE WRAITH

FEP Super Member

This thread.
    " If you're not living life on the edge, that means you're taking up too much room."
    1979 Mustang Indy Pace 2.3T/4spd (sold on 1/10/16)
    1983 GLX vert 3.8/auto (triple black, sold on 10/8/13)
    1984 (early) Turbo GT (parts SLOWLY coming together)
    1985 Coupe 4.6L DOHC/IRS swapped (sold 9/10/17)
    1986 GT TTop 5spd (sold as of 10/8/13)
    1988 Thunderbird TurboCoupe (Cobra IRS/Brakes/big turbo project)

SilentNoise

Daily driver here that goes to shows as well.
    Unrestored with a few small dents and crappy paint (I joke about having no pain, just colored metal), but she still gets a lot of looks at the shows - as soon as I can sell my truck I'll see what can be done about the body though.

Quote Originally Posted by 86GT2go View Post
    This thread.
    thanks!
    -Kal
    84 Mustang T-Top
    THE WRAITH

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12