Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Throughly looked my car over, and other than the AC kicker and the choke, nada, I see nothing that could adjust fuel flow. (other than my right foot) All of my wiring is hooked up, except the wire running up to the light under the hood.
    Last edited by Jay Little; 10-05-2007 at 07:48 AM. Reason: It helps to have a complete sentence!

FEP Power Member

You also have to remember, third party auto parts stores aren't very correct from a massive change in these years. If you check the napa guide, it doesn't even list a duraspark harnesses for an 85 GT. Got to go back to a 80's F150 truck to get the connectors. Then there is difference between the CFI and 4 barrel. Some don't have very good distinctions, so no - you can't pay attention to the third party store's computers when it comes to stuff like this....

Best bet is get the Ford dealerships old microfisches for this stuff.... And no one says that is EXACTLY correct either, but it is a hell of a lot closer....

Jason

FEP Super Member

Well, I can't really tell you about the 85GT carbed having the O2, but my 84 GTTurbo does (perhaps this would explain why some parts houses have an O2 for the 79-85 cars?).
    " If you're not living life on the edge, that means you're taking up too much room."
    1979 Mustang Indy Pace 2.3T/4spd (sold on 1/10/16)
    1983 GLX vert 3.8/auto (triple black, sold on 10/8/13)
    1984 (early) Turbo GT (parts SLOWLY coming together)
    1985 Coupe 4.6L DOHC/IRS swapped (sold 9/10/17)
    1986 GT TTop 5spd (sold as of 10/8/13)
    1988 Thunderbird TurboCoupe (Cobra IRS/Brakes/big turbo project)

4180 Holley's were never integrated with an O2. If O2s appear on some 85's it couldn't do much. My car's all stock and original and doesn't have an O2 (built early though 11/84). I'd love to know where and what an O2 on an 85 would hook up to.....
    1985 Mustang GT Convertible
    Stock and original @ 213k, except for dynomax ultraflos.

After re-reading a lot of this, one thing about all this stands out to me. It was noted that the car with the oxygen sensor also had some sort of heat riser valve. Could there be some way that the oxygen sensor was simply used for operation of the heat riser? Or, was the oxygen sensor simply added on by someone at one point for an air-fuel ratio gauge? I would be curious to see part #'s on the manifolds to see if they in fact were origonal to the car.
    86 Mercury Capri GS 2.3L
    11 Ford Ranger XL 2.3L
    10 Ford Focus SE 2.0L

19 Years of Foureyedpride.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12