Close

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jonas1022 View Post
    IMHO, go darker. Way Darker. Try DHG. See my avatar...
    I like the green he already picked out, it's different. I do agree with some of the guys who said it needs the trim painted black though, just to break up all that green. My truck is about the same color green as your avatar and I thought about it myself, using that color for my car but I think it wouldn't match the body style of his car as well as it does for the one in your avatar. Don't get me wrong, I love that shade of green, thats one of the reasons I bought my truck, it's just I think it's not going to match his car as well as the one he already picked out.
    -Kal
    "One man can make a difference." -Wilton Knight
    84 Mustang T-Top
    THE WRAITH

Women are like cars, sometimes you find one you fall in love with, and sometimes you end up with a lemon.

Yes, I will be painting the window/door trim and beltline mouldings black, and if I can find a scoop like Jeff aka. Capriman86 has it would be done in black also. Thanks guys keep the comments rolling.
    83 GT Turbo

I got the tail lights trimmed out and painted today with SEM trim black. I was going to stay charcoal but I think black will work better against the green.

83 GT Turbo

WooHoo, another Resto Thread!

Love the plans ya have for it.
    "Remember.....Wherever you go there you are."

GearedUp
    James

Well it has been a while since I updated this to I figure I might as well catch up a little bit. I started sorting out the wiring harness which is a total mess at this point. The sn95 brake booster is mocked into place, and it required a little massaging on the strut tower.

I will be removing the front suspension, brake lines & power rack tomorrow so I can start stripping the engine bay and prepping it to be sprayed next week.

The spindles have been stripped down to the bare metal and painted with satin black chassis black paint.

Diver Door has been removed as it will be replaced with a door that has manual windows & locks.

SVO Sail Panels have been mocked into place also.

Last edited by 93-331-29PSI; 10-18-2007 at 04:27 PM.
    83 GT Turbo

Looking good. How hard was it to wedge the brake booster in there? Do you still need a preportion(?) valve with using the sn95 booster and master cylinder?
    -Kal
    84 Mustang T-Top
    THE WRAITH

Women are like cars, sometimes you find one you fall in love with, and sometimes you end up with a lemon.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow 1 View Post
    Looking good. How hard was it to wedge the brake booster in there? Do you still need a preportion(?) valve with using the sn95 booster and master cylinder?
    Yeah it was no fun at all getting it in there. There is maybe 1/32 of an inch between the booster and the strut tower. I used a ball pean hammer, 3lb sledge, a 2x4 and a little finesse In fact the booster I used fell out during the mock up and the back side broke off so I will be needing to get a new one after paint.

Yes the proportioning valve is needed with the sn95 booster also.
    83 GT Turbo

I got some time to work on the car today and I got the fender apron removed. I hope to get the rest cut out tomorrow.

And here is the replacement panel mocked into place.

83 GT Turbo

You should have just the panel out, and cut a large hole in the other side. TONS more room for a nice twin turbo setup.
    ** 89 LX 5.0 ** blower whine, better brakes, and faded paint

FEP Super Member

I like the progress you are making on the Capri! I'm not too sure about the Kawasaki 'slime green' shade, but it is your car and your tastes; I just think it screams your presence to Johnny Law! However, 'Slime Green' and black combo might just be sexy!
    " If you're not living life on the edge, that means you're taking up too much room."
    1979 Mustang Indy Pace 2.3T/4spd (sold on 1/10/16)
    1983 GLX vert 3.8/auto (triple black, sold on 10/8/13)
    1984 (early) Turbo GT (parts SLOWLY coming together)
    1985 Coupe 4.6L DOHC/IRS swapped (sold 9/10/17)
    1986 GT TTop 5spd (sold as of 10/8/13)
    1988 Thunderbird TurboCoupe (Cobra IRS/Brakes/big turbo project)

Yeah I have changed my mind on that shade. Gonna tone it down a notch.
    83 GT Turbo

Lots of good progress! Nothin' easy about what you're doing, but it will all be worth it in the end. Also, I think you SHOULD stick with the original color (Kawasaki Green) it will be a real eye catcher... if you use some black or gray to do the window trim, sail panels, body molding, headlight/taillight buckets and grill to set it off. Keep the pics coming.
    Last edited by capri debris; 11-11-2007 at 08:43 AM.
    '86 Capri 5.0, black with charcoal interior, 5 spd, fully restored, mildly modded.

'86 Capri 5.0, white with black interior, C4, rotisserie restored, heavily modded.

Quote Originally Posted by 93-331-29PSI View Post
    Yeah it was no fun at all getting it in there. There is maybe 1/32 of an inch between the booster and the strut tower. I used a ball pean hammer, 3lb sledge, a 2x4 and a little finesse In fact the booster I used fell out during the mock up and the back side broke off so I will be needing to get a new one after paint.

Yes the proportioning valve is needed with the sn95 booster also.
    Maybe I'll forgo modifying the brakes.
    -Kal
    84 Mustang T-Top
    THE WRAITH

what, you don't have it painted and done yet?!? j/k

looking good, wish I had the motivation to do that, lord knows I need to, I just don't want to cut it apart and find another replacement.
    -Kal
    84 Mustang T-Top
    THE WRAITH

Venomous Moderator Hissing Cobra's Avatar

Looking good! I like the Kawasaki Green but I too, think that you should use Black on all the trim and the bodyside molding strips. A Black hoodscoop like you mentioned, will further enhance the looks. It'll be a KILLER when it's all done. Keep us updated.
    Pete Slaney

1979 Mustang Cobra

347/T-5/4.30's
    420 rwhp/380 rwt (New Motor)
    11.49 @ 121.86

306/T-5/4.30's (Old Motor)
    307 rwhp/278 rwt
    12.38 @ 111.38

Nice job with the replacement panel. Goes to show with enough work a rotted area can be replaced. Good luck as you progress.
    85 Capri 5.0L Sport Package (purchased new)
    03 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0L Laredo 4x4

-- The simple believeth every word: but the prudent man looketh well to his going.

Quote Originally Posted by captnet View Post
    Nice job with the replacement panel. Goes to show with enough work a rotted area can be replaced. Good luck as you progress.
    You're right, and it is very rewarding to know that I am attacking as much as I can by myself.

I got the top frame rail cut out today and was surprised to find that the lower rail wasn't rotted or scaly. I wire brushed it then dumped and brushed a moderate amount of POR-15 in there. That should prevent any decay later in life. Now if I can get my welder buddy to come buzz this new panel in I'll be set.

The lower radiator support is trashed and looks like it has been through a few of these NC style drainage ditches so it will need to be replaced. I am thinking about making my own using 1x2 square tubing because I don't really want to cut the entire radiator support out. Any thoughts on doing it this way, or do they offer just the lower half???

Here are some pictures of today's progress.

Last edited by 93-331-29PSI; 11-11-2007 at 04:18 PM.
    83 GT Turbo

It startin to come together I think you should stick with the K green here is a pic of someone else's mustang that is that shade of green. It belongs to someone else on this forum. Good Luck
    The benfit from making your own Rad support will be that you can make to fit you choose of radiators and your cooler.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    86 Capri 5.0
    86 F150 stepside
    85 crewcab stepside project
    66 VW Bug
    73 Dune Buggy

WOO HOOO!!!! LETS HER IT FOR ANOTHER CAPRI GETTING BACK ON THE ROAD!!! KUDOS MAN!!!! KEEP US ALL POSTED!!

LATER, RAY
    86 Capri 5.0/5spd: Too many mods to list
    93 5.0/5sp LX: Silver, 3,980 miles: now stored
    84 Thunderbird TurboCoupe: she's back!!
    84 Capri RS- T-top car built for my wife
    83 Thunderbird Heritage 5.0
    79 F100, new parts hauler and toy vehicle
    78 Bronco Custom: 2-wheel conversion project
    73 Mach1 -351C-5spd
    64 Galaxie 500 390 Z-code
    55 Ford Customline Sedan-long term project

Quote Originally Posted by capri650 View Post
    It startin to come together I think you should stick with the K green here is a pic of someone else's mustang that is that shade of green. It belongs to someone else on this forum. Good Luck
    The benfit from making your own Rad support will be that you can make to fit you choose of radiators and your cooler.
    I thought k green was brighter than that?

I still think it would look cool k green with black trim.
    -Kal
    84 Mustang T-Top
    THE WRAITH

FEP Super Member

Lookin' Good!! You know, I saw an S197 in Kawasaki 'Slime Green' and black (black were Boss-style stripes) and I actually liked it! if that's what you want to do for your car, DO IT! Be bold, be beautiful......there was a Cobra on here a while ago done in a similar color and it was cool!
    " If you're not living life on the edge, that means you're taking up too much room."
    1979 Mustang Indy Pace 2.3T/4spd (sold on 1/10/16)
    1983 GLX vert 3.8/auto (triple black, sold on 10/8/13)
    1984 (early) Turbo GT (parts SLOWLY coming together)
    1985 Coupe 4.6L DOHC/IRS swapped (sold 9/10/17)
    1986 GT TTop 5spd (sold as of 10/8/13)
    1988 Thunderbird TurboCoupe (Cobra IRS/Brakes/big turbo project)

Quote Originally Posted by jonas1022 View Post
    IMHO, go darker. Way Darker. Try DHG. See my avatar...
    +1

IMHO too
    -
    "I believe the Bible is the best gift God has ever given to man. All the good from the Savior of the world is communicated to us through this book." -- President Abraham Lincoln

God has blessed me with:
    86 Mustang GT w/ NO T-tops (owned 2 other GT's plus a SVO in the past)
    88 Mazda RX-7 Turbo II w/ LS1/T56 swap

That color green and those wheels on your Capri are going to look pimptastic!
    -Mike Malone
    69 Mach1, 81 LX, 83 GT Turbo, 85.5 SVO 9L, 86 SVO 2A, 86 GT, 90 LX 5.0 - and a badass 84 LTD Wagon

I hope the road trip and new purchase doesn't slow down the project. I was thinking about your color chose the other day and passed buy the local Lube /service shop He has a 1970 Mach 1 in Grabber Green. I think that would look good on your car and woun't find many cars in it. here is a picture of one in the green. http://www.boss302.com/0f135324.jpg
    Last edited by capri650; 11-21-2007 at 08:22 PM.
    86 Capri 5.0
    86 F150 stepside
    85 crewcab stepside project
    66 VW Bug
    73 Dune Buggy

The Capri project is not going to stop or be delayed any more than it would have if I hadn't bought the SVO. I thought about what I wanted to do during my drive and I am now more motivated to get the 2.3t in it than I was before.
    83 GT Turbo

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast