Close

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast
    .687 int. .679 exh solid roller in a 396 windsor Whatchu got?????

Default more progress....moving along

every
    Last edited by cylhead8; 09-01-2008 at 06:38 PM.
    ~ May those who love us love us. And those that don’t love us, May God turn their hearts. And if He doesn’t turn their hearts, May he turn their ankles, So we’ll know them by their limping. ~

IRISH TOAST

Default keeps going

thing
    Last edited by cylhead8; 09-01-2008 at 06:38 PM.
    ~ May those who love us love us. And those that don’t love us, May God turn their hearts. And if He doesn’t turn their hearts, May he turn their ankles, So we’ll know them by their limping. ~

IRISH TOAST

Default and now more..

is
    Last edited by cylhead8; 09-01-2008 at 06:39 PM.

IRISH TOAST

Default the last pic was me changing over the brake booster to the 89 vert booster

at

IRISH TOAST

Default a couple more

the

IRISH TOAST

Default i am sending the dash to get color matched on the paint

end
    Last edited by cylhead8; 09-01-2008 at 06:40 PM.

IRISH TOAST

Some blue plaid bucket seats would look nice in there!!!

Phillip
    Phillip
    1979 Fairmont Futura-SOLD to save a Ranchero
    1980 Fairmont Futura-Future street/strip car
    1979 Mercury Zephyr-Parts car
    2002 Mustang GT Vert-Daily Driver/For Sale
    1981 Mercury Zephyr Villager SW-Daily Driver soon
    1978 Fairmont Sedan-V8 parts car

Looks good man

Default keeping the bench

i wanna drive with the bench and have the 5 spd.
    carpet is getting pulled out for a thorough cleaning.

headliner has to come out and be recovered,its already fallen down for the most part.

well today makes 1 week and 1 day that i have owned this.moving along quickly.

IRISH TOAST

well you're getting right into it hey? good to see things progressing smoothly.
    1980 Mustang Ghia 3.3 4spd

good job...see it's not too bad is it? LOL
    ~~~Project Granny Sled~~~
    ~~~4 doors and some hurt feelings~~~
    79 Ford Fairmont with ALOT of mustang parts

Default not yet...

i have most of what i need to get everything put together.I pulled the front wheels off last night to start the k member swap and discovered just how harsh you northern guys have it in the winter.The A-arms are RUSTY any place that the undercoating came off.I was hoping to reuse them with the new stuff;but no worries,this just means a trip to my favorite junkyard to get some clean newer ones.While i have the new arms unattached,i'm gonna have the correct 02 mustang ball joints put in.Instead of washering up the fox ball joints like I usually have done in the past.

Dash and headlight harness work starts again monday night,then we lay in the newer taillight harness from the mustang.

The guy doing this conversion said that if I wanted ,he could even make the lights sequential.How crazy is that?

IRISH TOAST

Quote Originally Posted by cylhead8;538638Dash and headlight harness work starts again monday night,then we lay in the newer taillight harness from the mustang.

The guy doing this conversion said that if I wanted ,[B
    he could even make the lights sequential.How crazy is that?[/B]
    I would be interested in how this is done...post up when it happens. Thanks.

Brad

Jasen (Marz!) used to have sequential tailights on his old '79 Futura. It was pretty cool doing the 1-2-3 turn signals. I think you'll like 'em on the 2dr sedan.

I'm going to try LEDs on my '78 Futura's rear tail lights (but no sequential) - another idea you may want to investigate.

Dean T
    Proud owner of the one and only Friggin' Futura

Default not doing the sequential after all,but the led setup sounds good.

I might look into getting an led board set like the ones that are showing up in older camaro's.

right now im jonesing to get started on putting in the 8.8,unfortunately it just went off to get 3.73's installed.

IRISH TOAST

Default 8.8 went in

we installed an 8.8 last night,straight forward bolt up,no real problems with the new rearend.The old bolts didnt want to leave without a small fight,but i won.

Installed new Regatta blue carpet in place of the lightly faded original carpet.I had this carpet laying around left over from attempting to put together my 79 fairmont wagon(that i lost interest in).

cutting wheel is coming out today to make noise and a new hole for the 5 speed.SPARKS ARE FUN!!

IRISH TOAST

Default hole didnt get cut !

Im a dumbass and I bought the wrong wheel @ harbor freight.
    So, I made ther best of my time and made the rearend 5 lug!
    MY buddy John let me borrow some waffle star wheels with decent tires to keep it a roller for now ,until I get new tires for the '03 mach 1 wheels that I will be putting on the car eventually.

This weekend I'm making the junkyard parts run to get the fox mustang a-arms and sn95 rear swaybar that I found sunday.
    Then the real fun starts when I get to pull the crusty old stock k-member and front suspension to put in the tubular setup with quick ratio manual rack(2.5 turns lock to lock).

IRISH TOAST

Default I did mention that was a weekend toy and not a daily?

I wont be driving this in bad weather or cold snowy days.future plans call for a t04b turbo and intercooler,hope to make about 600HP on modest boost.

IRISH TOAST

dang, you don't waste any time....keep on rockin in the freeworld

Default first little fab work

I thought that EVERYTHING was a bolt on directly from the stang to a fairmont ,but I was wrong.The trans crossmember was too wide at the body bushing area of the trans C/M,so i cut the spot welds and then chopped the tubes at the bace and fit them back in to the sides all the way up.Now it is a perfect fit!

IRISH TOAST

oh ya, guess I could have gave you a heads up on that one...lol. Sorry.

Default dash is back from the painter and mostly matches the color

he took the time and did a great job!

he even carefully masked off the diagram

IRISH TOAST

I like the dash color. I have an '89 Mustang as a DD and already tired of the grey dash .

Dang, I just realized how quickly you're getting work done. I've had my '83 2dr sedan for 5 months or so and all that was done was a steering wheel change, a manual rack conversion, new front springs and FRPP lower A-arms. That was because the original front suspension was shot and I still need to find some good quality struts (on the cheap).

Keep up the good work!

Dean T
    Proud owner of the one and only Friggin' Futura

Default here i go again...

and just to clarify something. YES IM FREAKIN' TIRED!!!!
    Ive been trying to get something done every day since i had this car.

got the rebuilt a-arms back from the suspension shop

these are the '02 stang balljoints,(no cotter pin-castle nut )

new poly urethane bushings

all the old frontend coming out

nice and rusty!

I dont know if you can see it ,but the bottom ring of the coil rusted itself to the a-arm and broke off at some time

the rotor was still spinning and moving freely but all kinds of rusty

yay its out!!

the emptiness left behind

pic is a little dark,you get the idea

got the a-arms on

anyways im beat and cant take anymore today,I will tackle it again tomorrow.

IRISH TOAST

Default thursday makes 3 weeks

am i doing alright so far?????

carbed or EFI?

nitrous or turbo?

which sounds better?I am putting in a harness that will allow me to start carbed and easily switch to EFI later if i choose.

more pics coming soon.

IRISH TOAST

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast