Close

Default so you think your 4 eyes aren't worth a ****.........

OK, so I wanted a 4x4, BAD.

and by my law, no imports.......

the FORD Bronco is a badass choice.

Having owned a 91 bronco b4, and not liking the computer controlled trans, I decided to go older.

the 78/79 bronco's have the most desireable suspension of them all, a 9" rear, a dana 44 SOLID front axle, and a c6 trans. they are built off of the 73-79 f150's, and NOT the 80+ trucks, so they are an entirely different beast.

I nabbed one, and guilty of stupidity, and loud flowmasters, found a rod knock on day 2.

rather than cut my losses then, I yanked the motor. Several day dreams and posts later, netted me a rebuilt/reman 400 longblock motor, a edelbrock 400 egr intake, ALL gaskets, and anything else you could thing of, including a rhino lined (expensive( covered floorboards, etc.

with nearly 3g into it, minus motor install, I asked $1500, and got a bunch of bites from assholes wishing they had the space or time for it.

so I buy a new truck, and am now daily working the bronco to get it going just so I can salvage some cash from it...

My point????

don't cry why you think your 4eyes aren't worth Jack. the 78/79 bronco is debatebly the most sought after year of all the full sizes, and I didn't get sqaut.

Here is a toast to all those cheap lazy bastards, they could have had a fine truck for cheap....now I'm assembling it, and it''ll cost you an arm and a leg later.
    Jeremy
    -86 mustang SSP X CHP Unit # 3788-bone stock & staying that way
    -66 Mustang, bench seat car,8.8,t5 fuel injected 92 engine
    -72 Maverick 5.0 resto in process
    -12SS Camaro 6 speed. 600 FWHP, Kraftwerks Supercharger
    -03 z71 Avalanche 9" lift on 35s Daily Driven 20k a year. 290k miles at 11.8 mpg
    Entire 1986 electrical and vacuum troubleshooting manual download
    http://slantnosefox.com/picturehosti...g%20manual.zip

Sometimes it's just a matter of holding out until you find the right person. I think the price may have steered away some of the "if-it's-that-cheap-there's-something-wrong" crowd and what you have left are the fruits and flakes.

Maybe I should have offered to trade a non-running '84 Notch coupe for your Bronc - Ha! just what we both need...

Best of luck and hold it until they blink.

Dean T
    Proud owner of the one and only Friggin' Futura

Well as soon as you have the thinking of buying a car for an investment you have already lost. Unless you found a super cheap deal and plan on flipping it right away.
    84 SVO(Long gone)
    86 AMC Eagle
    81 AMC Eagle

try selling a 2003 f250 king ranch diesel for any were near book. I know im not having too much luck.
    1984 LX 5.0 convertible
    Broken :C

2007 Kawasaki Z1000 great on gas and makes me Giggle LOL.

that's why i like my 95 intrepid for a daily driver, their cheap and really cheap to buy one for parts. and if you can keep everything working on them their actually a pretty reliable car. i know if i put 2 grand in it, i'd still not get more than 500 bucks for it, but it's ok, it means i can keep driving it inexpensively.
    1988gt hiding in a 90lx
    1985 capri gs 5.0-
    3 88lx parts cars
    89gt parts car
    [U]2 95intrepid-1parts,1daily driver
    www.mustangcanada.com

Hahaha....

poeple will still low-ball a killer offer.

Good luck with the Bronco.
    1986 SVO: turbo'd fun!
    SOLD:'82 MUSTANG GT: 88' HO, 5-spd, 3.73s, & 17" Borbet Type-A wheels... and other goodies
    RIP: '82 Mecury Capri 5.0 : good times.....
    1969 Chevrolet Chevelle: "the other four eye"

This is just one of the reasons I keep a vehicle till it's all used up. I don't want the hassle of selling them.

I had a '78 Bronco I bought new and drove for 20 years. It was a great truck, other than the 10 mpg thing. I'm convinced I'd still be driving it today if my dad hadn't left me his F150 when he passed away in '98. I didn't want the expense of keeping up with two FWD vehicles, so I sold it to a family member cheap. He later sold it to a friend of his, and I believe it's still running strong today.

I too think the '78/'79 were the best years for Bronco's. Get her running again and hold out for the right price, or just keep it.
    408/T5/3.73's

We're not fast racers, we're more what's known as half fast racers.

Venomous Moderator Hissing Cobra's Avatar

Ya know that saying? "Whenever you buy something, it's worth a million dollars. Whenever you sell something, it's worth nothing." That couldn't be more true when it comes to cars, boats, or anything that's for sale. Location is everything when you're trying to sell and that includes more than just houses.

Years ago, I had an 18 foot Regal Bowrider boat. I bought it up in New Hampshire on Lake Winnepesaukee. When I tried to sell it 3 years later, I couldn't even get anyone to even look at it down here by Cape Cod. It languished in my yard for two months without any interest whatsoever. I placed an ad in the newspaper and got no replies. Finally, I towed it back up to New Hampshire and left it on consignment with a dealer on the lake. The very next day, they called and said that they could sell it for X amount of dollars. The price was $1,100 more than what I paid for it 3 years prior. I took it, paid the dealer a $700.00 commission, paid the boat off and still had $2,200 in my hand.

The moral of the story is this: You have to pull out all the stops in order to make a sale. Don't give up. If you want it gone, make it happen.
    Pete Slaney

1979 Mustang Cobra

347/T-5/4.30's
    420 rwhp/380 rwt (New Motor)
    11.49 @ 121.86

306/T-5/4.30's (Old Motor)
    307 rwhp/278 rwt
    12.38 @ 111.38

Thanks Pete. YOu're right, I'll get the deal I'm looking for. THis time around, I realized i'm going to have to put some work into it. Although it's the bargain of the century with all the parts I have, no one local wants a project.

I'm in process of putting the new engine in, and I've already got someone from out of state I'm working on for a deal for what I want from it.....which is 2-2500$$...and of course that's with it running. I'm just gonna have to buck up and put some work into it.
    Jeremy
    -03 z71 Avalanche 9" lift on 35s Daily Driven 20k a year. 290k miles at 11.8 mpg

reminds me of the 87 xr7 i had a few back. bought for $300, dumped well over $1500 into it, sold for ... $400.

only sold because a guy wanted a rust free cougar for his drag car. so all the interior/motor work i did, scrapped.
    '85 Capri RS - sold
    '08 Colorado - thank Christ its gone.
    '98 Cherokee - Current broken DD
    '00 Mustang GT Vert - sold.

"The most compelling reason for you to own a
    Capri is no reason that can be put into words.
    Call it a touch of sexiness. Or a touch of mystery.
    Or perhaps a touch of magic."

I'd figure with today's gas prices it would be hard to sell.
    1984 Mustang GT

There just never has been that big of a following on the big Broncos. The M engines were just to failure prone. Now a 66-77, they are going thru the roof.
    '85 GT 4 time feature car
    '86 GT sold
    '88 GT pretty dang original
    '85 GT project

there is a decent size folllowing on them, bigger than the 4 eyed following at least. The M engines weren't proned to failure if you kept up on your oil pressure and changes....However, indeed the oil systems created some havoc for those motors. Once you can work around that, they're great engines. I was victim of this issue, sadly enough.

LOL, do a search for 351m or 400 and oil pressure on the net and see what you come up with
    Last edited by v8only; 09-27-2007 at 10:57 AM.
    Jeremy