Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: car theft

Quote Originally Posted by riffenfool View Post
    If the person needed a car for emergency purposes, I would have had a tad bit of leniancy. However, I strongly believe that a person should have every right to protect what belongs to them, short of ending another person's life. So you rough a person up a lil bit before the police show up, that will teach them to think twice about taking anybody elses property. I agree that our country had gotten too soft on criminals, but we don't need to go back to shooting of thieves.
    Well, look at the up side, if you shot criminals our jails wouldn't be overfilled.
    -Kal
    "One man can make a difference." -Wilton Knight
    84 Mustang T-Top
    THE WRAITH

Women are like cars, sometimes you find one you fall in love with, and sometimes you end up with a lemon.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow 1 View Post
    You know what the pain in the rear thing is about all this is? Let's say you caught him in the act and you fought him to subdue him till the cops show up, the thief would probably sue you for damages and he will probably win. The problem is the crooks know how lax and messed up the laws are and they take advantage of it. I feel the laws are there to protect the crooks, not us. Nothing is safe or sacred anymore.
    That's why in Texas after 12:00AM you have the right to protect you and your property with deadly force. At least that's what an county Sheriff's officer told me once.
    Only 1 Four eye left now and it is a 64 fairlane 2 door post! Think 408W with Griggs GR350 suspension!

well thats cool for texas i guess but I wouldnt shoot anyone ever, even if its a criminal. Only point a gun at them to make them back off.
    1985 Deep Emerald Mustang GT

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreenFox View Post
    well thats cool for texas i guess but I wouldnt shoot anyone ever, even if its a criminal. Only point a gun at them to make them back off.
    If you point be prepared to shoot. They may have a gun themselves.
    85 Capri 5.0L Sport Package (purchased new)
    03 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0L Laredo 4x4

-- The simple believeth every word: but the prudent man looketh well to his going.

am i rite?
    1986 Mustang LX Coupe 5.0TT Megasquirt'n'Spark--Sold
    1987 Merkur XR4Ti -Poly suspension bits-tubular header-holset H1c-custom intake-alky injection

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreenFox View Post
    You point a firearm at anyone you best be prepared to shoot, and be shot. Someone who is not prepared to shoot shouldn't even own a firearm.
    -Kal
    84 Mustang T-Top
    THE WRAITH

Women are like cars, sometimes you find one you fall in love with, and sometimes you end up with a lemon.

Quote Originally Posted by 85Coupe50 View Post
    That's why in Texas after 12:00AM you have the right to protect you and your property with deadly force. At least that's what an county Sheriff's officer told me once.
    My dad who I don't talk to anymore lives in Texas now. He was saying that there is an old law that is still enforced that says if you step on someones land without permission they can shoot you, I wonder if it's true. If that's true Texas rocks.
    -Kal
    84 Mustang T-Top
    THE WRAITH

With a total of 2.2 million, the USA has the most people in jail.

In fact, 25% of the world's incarcerated people are in the USA ---- even though we have only 5% of the world's population.

The People's Republic of China ranks second with 1.5 million people in jail ---- though that country's population is roughly 1.3 billion (or almost five times that of the USA).

Makes ya think, huh?

Try living here in Philly. I think almost every car I've ever owned has been vandalized or broken into. Put a new radio in? Lucky if it lasts a week. It's not like we drive around with the radio up, people watch you put it in you car, then tell their friends- who come and steal it. We have to drive over to other people's houses just to install stuff.

Leave a lift off hood on the car in your driveway that's under a car cover? HAH! They lifted it off all right, in broad daylight and surprise surprise, no one saw anything.

I came out to find a busted window and cracked column on a DONOR car that was in my driveway and had NO MOTOR or TRANS. MORONS! They didn't notice the front end sitting all high in the air, with wiring harnesses and the trans' cross member sitting on the ground under the car.

My next door neighbors are so tired of people breaking into their minivan, they leave the doors and sometimes even the windows open to save the theives the trouble and save themselves from having to dish money out again for another new window.

I came out the other night to find some crackhead trying door handles. It's unbelieveable. I can't wait to get out of here! And we are in the "good" part of Philly! My house is up for sale for the second time in 2 years and we aren't having any luck. Lots of lookers, no takers. We need to do it quick because apparently someone else on the block's remote door lock has the same code as mine or something, because I keep coming out in the morning to find my doors on the Explorer unlocked. Nothing taken, but the doors are all unlocked. Weird huh?
    1994 GT

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12