Close

Talking '86 Capr progress

The path for my 1986 Mercury Capri 4cyl 4speed has been a long and painful one since I purchased it at the beginning of August 2006. Ive finally spent some time with a friend and got down to it, the interior has been cleaned and peiced back together, there were alot of loose or missing interior pannels. New front pads and a rotor, new soft lines in all 4 corners, new e-break cables from the handle back and a whole lotta bondo to fill in some of the pits from sanding. It wont be getting a full re-paint but it should look better than when I got it.

1980 Mustang Ghia 3.3 4spd

coming along rather nicely!
    83RS
    86 Eurocoupe
    85 GPIV
    86 SVO
    82GT
    86 SVO
    www.LastV8.com

Default PROGRESS

update: the paint is on now, just needs a wax. it didn't turn out great but it won't rust anymore and its good enough for a winter car.

The only thing I see under the hood is...

A RED AIR CLEANER !!!!!

Looks good by the way, and a very nice interior.
    '79 Indy pace car T-top
    '81 Cobra
    '81 Cobra T-top
    '82 Mustang GT T-top
    '87 Corvette
    '10 Mustang GT Convertible
    '17 F250
    '17 Landrover Discovery Sport

looks ok for the effort you put in. i agree,should work out ok for a winter ride. looks like somebody did the 'damn,that's not a lugnut!' thing on 3 of your hubcaps! that always makes me laugh. the guy across the street raised hell at his wife because one of her co-workers did that to a 'nutted' hubcap on their van while changing a flat for her at work................2 weeks later he did the same thing on their other vehicle! he twisted a plastic nut off the car while not over 15 feet away from the van he had been bitching about.
    '83 glx vert with '82 gt frontend

if you aren't trying to blow the horn with the signal lever and reaching for the key release button on your other vehicles,you're not driving the fox enough !

FEP Member

I have a set of those hub caps if you are interested, send me a PM.
    From a 1-5 scale I would rate them as a 3.5-4.
    Little signs of daily use but all the nuts are there and over all are in good shape.
    These caps are hard to find, But a good set is even harder to find.

TLennyRS

Quote Originally Posted by tlennyrs View Post
    I have a set of those hub caps if you are interested, send me a PM.
    From a 1-5 scale I would rate them as a 3.5-4.
    Little signs of daily use but all the nuts are there and over all are in good shape.
    These caps are hard to find, But a good set is even harder to find.

TLennyRS
    Thanks, I appreciate the offer, but I won't be using these wheels for winter use (I already have a set of steel winter wheels.)