Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

http://www.grundy.com/ has good rates and reasonable use terms for classic car insurance. No driving to work, school, errands, driver age limit, etc. They will insure for an agreed amount within reason of course.

Good point 93-331-29PSI some four eyes are hiding in aero skins. What a sin
    85 Capri 5.0L Sport Package (purchased new)
    03 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0L Laredo 4x4

-- The simple believeth every word: but the prudent man looketh well to his going.

Quote Originally Posted by 93-331-29PSI View Post
    You are probably thinking of Kendal Coker

I am shocked that nobody has blamed the aero conversions for taking a large number of 4 eyed cars off the road. I would think that at least 10-20% of all fox Mustangs still on the road used to be 4 eye cars.
    That's true, unfortunetly.
    -Kal
    "One man can make a difference." -Wilton Knight
    84 Mustang T-Top
    THE WRAITH

Women are like cars, sometimes you find one you fall in love with, and sometimes you end up with a lemon.

I know fox mustangs are rare, but like someone else said the capri are super rare. I have not seen one of those around here i would say in ten years.

good point! they're in disguise!
    '83 glx vert with '82 gt frontend

if you aren't trying to blow the horn with the signal lever and reaching for the key release button on your other vehicles,you're not driving the fox enough !

Retired Trucker,Sunshine Coast, British Columbia

Well heres 26 of them fellas, in Arlington Washington, Aug 18 /07
    Pics from the BBQ Aug 18/07
    http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthread.php?t=49399

Here's all the pics in one album
    79-86 Mustang And Capri pics at Arlington
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Venomous Moderator Hissing Cobra's Avatar

Very rarely do I see foureyes around here. About the only time I do see them, is when all my friends from this board get together for the shows.
    Pete Slaney

1979 Mustang Cobra

347/T-5/4.30's
    420 rwhp/380 rwt (New Motor)
    11.49 @ 121.86

306/T-5/4.30's (Old Motor)
    307 rwhp/278 rwt
    12.38 @ 111.38

Quote Originally Posted by Hissing Cobra View Post
    Very rarely do I see foureyes around here. About the only time I do see them, is when all my friends from this board get together for the shows.
    Rumor has it there will be an 80 Capri hitting the streets next year as well

Venomous Moderator Hissing Cobra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CapriGT View Post
    Rumor has it there will be an 80 Capri hitting the streets next year as well
    I sure hope so! That'll be a very nice addition to the crowd.
    Pete Slaney

1979 Mustang Cobra

347/T-5/4.30's
    420 rwhp/380 rwt (New Motor)
    11.49 @ 121.86

306/T-5/4.30's (Old Motor)
    307 rwhp/278 rwt
    12.38 @ 111.38

good point. To see a four eye on the road is to see a new gt500 on the road. Its a rare sight...

All the 4 eyes were crushed or converted to aero cars. It's our mission as responsible four eye members to preserve these stangs the very best we can, and save what is left.

5.0 muscle, 4 eye pride!

(unless you have an svo, then its 2.3 muscle i guess)
    1985 Deep Emerald Mustang GT

i am trying to get my cousin to buy this 1983 gt turbo in plymouth, ma. i told he could have my 347 block i took out of my 86 gt. the guy's selling it for short money. i my be tempted to buy it if he doesn't. car is in great shape ,has a t5 tranny and 8.8 rear with 3.55.
    Last edited by cjmuscle; 09-16-2007 at 08:28 PM.

I actually saw a 4 banger today at wally world. It was tan with pink rims, no kidding.
    -Kal
    "One man can make a difference." -Wilton Knight
    84 Mustang T-Top
    THE WRAITH

Women are like cars, sometimes you find one you fall in love with, and sometimes you end up with a lemon.

Not a lot of 4-eyed cars around here either, but I always see a bunch of newer model Mustangs running the roads. So look at it this way, the breed is alive and kicking....
    1979 Indy Pace Car Mustang 302 / 5spd
    1982 Mustang GT T-Top 302 / 4spd
    1986 SVO Mustang - 1C

Quote Originally Posted by JTurbo View Post
    Not a lot of 4-eyed cars around here either, but I always see a bunch of newer model Mustangs running the roads. So look at it this way, the breed is alive and kicking....
    i saw the 1982 gt you picked up this week. looks like a project! i under stand how its hard to pass it up just to save another 4 eye stang. if my cousin doesn't buy the 83 gt turbo i will have to buy it. my wife will kill me, but the things we do for mustangs.

FEP Member

We have about 6 that run around this area. Only 1 convertable and 2 GT's the others are notch's . There are 2 areos out in the parking lot where I live and probably at least 10 others running around town . I drive mine daily as its my only vehicle, of course its only about 3 to 5 miles a day so it should last a bit !
    '86 Mustang GT 5.0 / 5 speed ( Hurst SST Shifter )
    Twin cats with Flowmasters ( 2.5" front to back )
    65mm Edelbrock throttle body/EGR plate ,Mac CAI
    BBK Strut Brace

lol, i must be in a fox rich area, in my local town there is a 84 anny, (not for sale) with minor rust, poor interior and then there are 2 verts in the town just north of me, and is actually built up for racing, then there's mine, a kid i went to school with has an aero, my friend is thinking bout buying an aero and then there's a black foureyed, 79? i think...nicely redone in my town, and a pos white 83 or 84 ....other than that..oh wait, another vert up north too...and one more hatch in lakewood which is bout 15 minutes from here oh and just to add, today i saw two, count em, two older mach I's blue and red...both were awesome...
    82 Mustang GT
    T5, 8.8
    Holley 650
    Performer 289
    BBK Shorties & H-Pipe
    Waiting for a Foureyed of the month vote!!!

Current Project: 1980 Project Green Machine

1999 Ford Taurus SHO DD

i saw one sunday evening, im gonna say it was a 79 coupe with chrome wheel covers. It look like it was the original paint job, looked very clean. It was about time for me to see one.

Quote Originally Posted by 83mustangconv View Post
    I know fox mustangs are rare, but like someone else said the capri are super rare. I have not seen one of those around here i would say in ten years.
    Since I got my 85 Capri I've notice a few around the Little Rock-Benton area. There's a white 82 Capri 5.0 automatic setting in a yard not to far from my house Not for Sale! Just setting there, hasn't moved since I first saw it. There's a Red RS I see everyonce in awhile running around west little rock area. And just the other day I saw a Black Magic, looks to be in great shape from the road. The black paint is so shiny it looks like it was just repainted, but if it is a repaint they did it right cause all the gold pinstripping is there. When I have time I'm going to run over a get a closer look.

I was at a local u-pull-it two weeks ago and they had a 85 GT, it was in really good shape, too good to be in a salvage yard. Last Saturday I stopped back by to look at it again and it was gone. Luckly someone bought the whole car, Hopefully they plan on restoring it.

I see quite a few 4 eyes running around this area most are in fair condition. There are also a couple of SVO's running around. And you see a lot of 87 - 93 models running around.

Just about everyday you will see 2 or 3 listed in the local paper, most of these are the areo cars but you will see 4 eyes listed too.

Delos
    Delos

1991 Mustang GT Convertible 347

1985 Capri RS 5.0/5speed

2005 Expedition Limited

There are a couple in my area but not too many. Some are ready for the scrapyard from rust. Some are in the scrapyard but there are more aero nose ones around here. It does help there is a shop a friend of mine owns that specializes in Mustang restoration but he does redo other cars.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12