Close

View Poll Results: What Shock/Struts Do you use???

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bilstein

1 16.67%
  • Koni

0 0%
  • Tockico

3 50.00%
  • Eibach

2 33.33%
  • Other

0 0%

Default What Strut/Shocks do you use, and how do you like them

I should have asked this question before I made my purchase, so I will ask now. Which Strut/Shock combo do you use and how do you like it? I am looking for reviews on the Koni SA (yellow shocks)

I just bought a pair of Koni SA shocks (IRS) for the rear. I was looking at Bilsteins since they came stock on the cobra, but at $75 for the pair I couldn't say no.
    Last edited by 93-331-29PSI; 09-10-2007 at 03:37 PM.
    83 GT Turbo

I have owned almost all of the brands you put in the poll but the only ones I have used in a fox mustang are the stock Koni's that came with the car .I can tell you the best of the bunch in my opinion is Tockico's but that was in my SHO's and not a mustang . I found that the combination of Eibach springs and Tockico shocks or struts is a very good handling combo . but since this was not mustang specific I did not take the poll but decided to give my opinion anyway .

I have KYB GR2's in mine. I liked them in my brother in law's MR2 with eibachs so I thought they would work good in the mustang with Ford racing springs. The car handles good, but it rides pretty terrible. When I get 87 spindles I'm going with bilsteins. I've liked them on everything I have put them on from lowered BMW's to lifted trucks.

I have Tokico Illuminas on my car at the moment, but don't have enough time with them to make a recommendation. I replaced Monroe Formula GPs with them, which replaced KYBs. They weren't the GR2s, but one step down. I hated the KYBs, liked the Formula GPs. I drove the Illuminas set on 1 or 2 and had the same ride as the GPs.

Rob.
    1985 GT 4V H.O. Work in progress, off and on, since December '87. http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/606903/1

I have the KYB GR2s on my 86 and don't care for them either. The ride is very harsh.
    83 GT Turbo

SleeperGT

I have Munroe Sensatracs right now. Alright for the every day driver, but I'll be replacing them with something a little more performance oriented.