Close

Default MegaSquirt anyone using it ?

I was going to buy and use a tweecer rt and then started seeing a lot of info on the stand alone MegaSquirt .My question is if any of you are using it ? and if so how difficult and expensive was it to use ? .

Chuck W does, a bunch of guys on TUrboford, and of couse MSEFI.com forums.

Can you solder? Are you confident in your electronic skills?
    No matter where you go, there you are

Can you solder? Are you confident in your electronic skills?

I am a computer tech ,and my soldering ability is decent except for the older I get the worse my eye site gets .

the DIY route will be the cheapest route. MS1 with the 2.2 PCB would be the cheapest. But in certain instances requires buying other little things like a Flyback board if you are gonna use the stock low impedence injectors(but you could also just make a resistor pack to deal with that).
    Wideband...you can buy that to aid in tuning it yourself, or you could have it put on a dyno and tuned by someone else(or yourself on their dyno), or if you have a buddy with a wideband you can borrow it.
    There are stimulator renting services so you can rent a stim to test your MS after you assemble it.

MS2 with a version 3 PCB is the newest setup most can buy(they have others but aren't for sale or are just slight variants of the version 3 PCB).
    No matter where you go, there you are

I heard good things about MS1 & 2. As loing as you can dyno tune it's worth while swaping
    82 Capri RS, 5.8L, solid drop mounts, areomotive fuel system, 3" exhaust, ROD six speed, MM torque arm suspension, "mathis" 90 k-member, 04 cobra control arms, h&r springs, koni shocks, m-2300-k, caged, battery relocate

nice roadwarrior headlight lenses. im currently wiring my ms2 into the fox, trying to find some more foxbody ms specific wiring info.

I've been running an old MS1+ Extra in my TBird for around 15 years.

I don't think they do the V2.2 board any longer, but the V3.0 is just as simple and a bit more capable.

What are your plans? Just a stock-type replacement? Or do you have big/weird build goals?
    83 TC "Clone"
    85 Marquis LTS
    86 LTD Wagon