Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Looks like us Capri guys have been "black balled" again from this show.

I can't wait for Sunday. This is going to be a large group of stangs! Let's keep our fingers crossed for some good weather. The other MU shows appeared like a bad start and ended up being good days. I know from the sunburn I got LOL.
    ~Paul

1982 Mustang GT
    1983 Mustang GT TTop
    1985 Mustang LX 5.0 Notchback
    1995 Ford F150 SVT Lightning
    www.cardomain.com/id/mustang4life1985

Quote Originally Posted by fredzilla View Post
    I think you should drive it Fred. I'd tell them it's a Mustang
    ~Paul

1982 Mustang GT
    1983 Mustang GT TTop

Venomous Moderator Hissing Cobra's Avatar

Fred,

Hang in there. I'm going to call them and make a plea. At the last show, there were many open parking spots. That's in contrast to what they told me on the phone when I called last time "We won't have any open spots for them". I'll let you know when I can get an answer from them.
    Pete Slaney

1979 Mustang Cobra

347/T-5/4.30's
    420 rwhp/380 rwt (New Motor)
    11.49 @ 121.86

306/T-5/4.30's (Old Motor)
    307 rwhp/278 rwt
    12.38 @ 111.38

That's a good idea Pete. There were plenty of empty spots with the 4eyes at the last couple shows. I say the Capri's should be able to park with our 4 eyes. Hopefully they'll understand that the Capri's are a part of the posse.
    ~Paul

1982 Mustang GT
    1983 Mustang GT TTop

Fred,

I just e-mailed Jim Silverman (President of the MCCNE) the following note. I hope it helps!

Jim,

My name is Pete Slaney and I own the Yellow 1979 Mustang Cobra that you've seen at your shows. I'm coming to the September 9th show at Mustangs Unlimited with a large contingent of 1979-2006 Mustangs and their owners. It should be a good time!

I'm also a member of a national website called www.foureyedpride.com and it's a Ford Mustang/Mercury Capri website that deals specifically in the 1979-1986 model cars. Within the past year, we've been organizing cruises with many of the Massachusetts members of that website. We've been going to cruise nights and car shows together (including the last two at Mustangs Unlimited) and usually cruise in a pack of very nice '79-'86 Fox Bodies.

Some of the members own Mercury Capris (the often forgotten "Other Mustang") and they feel excluded from your shows because they're "Mustang Only" shows. I know that space is usually limited and your club only deals with Mustangs, but I was wondering if some of these guys could come to that show with us on the 9th. They know that it's a "Mustang Only" show but would like to come for the cruise down there and the camaradarie that we all share together. Somehow, if it's possible, could a spot be made for maybe 3 or 4 of them? That would be nice if it could be arranged. I'd like to include them if possible because it's awesome to see the '79 - '86 Fox Bodies cruising together in a pack (I could have close to 17 members of that board cruising down with us).

If you could get back to me on this, that would be great. If you decide that we could include them (even if it's off to the side), you'd surely make their day!

Thanks again,

Pete Slaney
    Pete Slaney

1979 Mustang Cobra

347/T-5/4.30's
    11.49 @ 121.86

307 rwhp/278 rwt
    12.38 @ 111.38

Wow, Pete that was a great email. Thanks for taking the time to write it.

Neither here nor there

If capri's are allowed....add 1 more fox to the mix...lol

great email Pete

If capris can go Im there all day. that would be really cool. got my fingers crossed.!
    Last edited by 1986RavenBlack; 09-07-2007 at 08:16 AM.
    86' t-top Capri

Neither here nor there

Quote Originally Posted by 1986RavenBlack View Post
    If capris can go Im there all day. that would be really cool. got my fingers crossed.!
    Still come and park in spectator....we would like to meet you
    and we will still come check out your cool ride!

But hopefully they will let us in.

...if Pete's email doesn't work. We can still block the entrance..lol

I really don't think they will allow the Capri's in. Only because they would have to make exception to other Ford/Mercury family cars.

Default CAPRIS ARE THE BEST

ok so im totally comming. Im going to start my own capri car show in the spectator parking lot. lol. see you guys there.
    86' t-top Capri

I really don't think they will allow the Capri's in. Only because they would have to make exception to other Ford/Mercury family cars.
    True but it is arguable that 79-86 Capris were the closest relation to a mustang there has been.

Wow, Pete that was a great email. Thanks for taking the time to write it.
    x2. I may see you guys there. I am dealing with a herniated disc in my back, so It depends on how I feel when I get up in the morning.
    Greg

83 CAPRI GS 5.0
    82 CAPRI RS 5.0

Hey guys, my car is clean and ready to go.

As far as the Capri's are concerned,you can park in the lot of that resturaunt on the side of MU. I am sure if you are there early you can get right up next to MU. And if people see a few of you lined up they will surely walk over for a peek. I understand it would be nice to be included, but this is an alternative instead of just not going.

Quote Originally Posted by 1986RavenBlack View Post
    ok so im totally comming. Im going to start my own capri car show in the spectator parking lot. lol. see you guys there.
    Now that is what I'm talking about right there! Steve has made a really good point about getting there early and parking right next to the show. It is "REALLY" close to the show and would make people walk over. Definitely bring your Capri's and park there. I think they'll be surprised to see that many Capri's. The way I look at it is, we all go for the cruise and enjoy the day.

That is a great email Pete and it's definitely straight to the point! Nice job!
    Last edited by mustang4life1985; 09-07-2007 at 03:05 PM.
    ~Paul

1982 Mustang GT
    1983 Mustang GT TTop

alright well i may have to go in the unsure section now. if there is a threat of rain then i can't risk the drive with no wipers and ET streets. i'll be keeping an eye on the weather
    86 GT vert

Projects: 1994 roller named Shirley

Neither here nor there

Totally understandable Dave. Not worth the risk.

I am sure we are all questioning the weather. Pray for NO RAIN.

There was a guy at Bangma's Dairy cruise tonight with at GT350 CFI Vert with 6k original miles. He might meet us at Home Depot Bellingham.

So if anyone gets there and this car is there, his name is Bob..very nice guy. He is 74 years old. I love to see the ole timers loving the foxes!
    Oh...ya...I forget my damn camera AGAIN!!!!

that vert was tight.... I took a pic with my camera phone... but it doesnt compare to your camera work Jeff... lol....
    "Speed is a Question of Money!!! How fast can you go???"

1984 1/2 Mustang GT Hatch
    1984 1/2 Mustang GT Convert (heading to the scrap yard in the sky)
    1992 Mustang GT Convert (Disguised as an 1984 1/2 GT)
    1986 Ranger GT(5.0 converison)
    1978 F-250 X-Cab 4x4 tool box bed << sold and missed
    1956 F100 Crew Cab Project ... 2006 4.6 interceptor drivetrain
    1956 C600 Car hauler...7.3 diesel drivetrain

Its looking like the Rain is going to hold off until the evening

Yes it does. I just saw that there's a 30% chance of rain tonight and possible thunderstorms in our area tomorrow. I didn't see the weather report for Connecticut but I'll be looking for it tonight. At the last show, it was misty, foggy and wet until I reached the Mass Pike. It turned out to be a beautiful day. Hopefully, it'll be the same tomorrow. I'll keep y'all posted.

As for Jim Silverman from the MCCNE, I haven't gotten a response to the e-mail that I sent him. If you Capri guys want to go, maybe we could park you all together in the parking lot behind the food vendors? I'd love for you to all go!

I also have another friend coming and he's bringing his '92 hatchback that runs 13's. His cousin may also be bringing his Lincoln that has a 347 in it. That run's 11's!

The weather better be good because we could have up to 20 cars with us tomorrow!
    Last edited by Hissing Cobra; 09-08-2007 at 10:53 AM.
    Pete Slaney

1979 Mustang Cobra

347/T-5/4.30's
    11.49 @ 121.86

307 rwhp/278 rwt
    12.38 @ 111.38

There is something about this car show and "odd" weather. It can never be a "good" day to start for this show lol. The first show in April was foggy and damp and then the sun was out in Manchester and I got a sunburn. Tomorrow the weather is looking better for here than it is there which is the total opposite of previous meets there.

This looks like it could be the biggest turnout yet too. The weather is showing low 70's here and showing low 80's and humid with chances of rain in morning and afternoon for Manchester. We'll have to look later tonight and see what happens.
    ~Paul

1982 Mustang GT
    1983 Mustang GT TTop

Have Fun Guy's..I wish I didn't live so far away, I'd cruise in with You Guy's to the show.
    '83 GT, Black, T-Tops, Leather, Built 351W (FEPFER August '09)
    '03 SVT Cobra, DSG, 2.8 Kenne Bell Mammoth, 643 RWHP 621 RW torque

Alright I'm out. I just can't take the chance with the rain. This will however give me a kick in the ass to make my car drivable in rain. This seems like its gonna be a great crowd driving down. Anyway make sure there are lots of pics and have fun and be safe
    86 GT vert

Projects: 1994 roller named Shirley

Neither here nor there

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet'83 View Post
    Have Fun Guy's..I wish I didn't live so far away, I'd cruise in with You Guy's to the show.

Leave now! Come on!!

Quote Originally Posted by BAD5oh View Post
    Alright I'm out. I just can't take the chance with the rain. This will however give me a kick in the ass to make my car drivable in rain. This seems like its gonna be a great crowd driving down. Anyway make sure there are lots of pics and have fun and be safe
    Ok somebody get this guy a set of 10holes QUICK!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast