Close

Thread: svo question

FEP Member

Default svo question

i have seen svos with the sunroof option but was wondering if they also came with t-tops.and if so how about some pics?

T-tops were not available on the SVO.

However, that doesn't mean there aren't some out there. It was a dealer installed option. You'll find them on e-bay every once and awhile.
    John

1986 SVO 1C
    1993 Cobra

FEP Member

T-Tops dealer installed??? Never heard of that! Sunroofs yes T-Tops not likely.
    George

84 Capri 5.0 B303 cam, shorty headers, Flowmasters, MM Caster Camber plates,

Most definately!! They are out there and most if not all are dealer installed. I don't think it has been proven that any have been factory installed.
    John

1986 SVO 1C
    1993 Cobra

"Dealer installed" would not be a Ford dealer. The only thing a Ford dealer would have to do with an installation is getting the car to somebody else for an installation and then getting it back to the buyer/owner of the car. The T-roof was installed by either Cars and Concepts themselves or one of their authorized distributors/installers.

As far as I know, nobody has yet come up with an SVO with a "D" code on the VC Label and a "TR" code on the Body/Buck Tag. Those codes are for a factory installation. And "factory" in this case as well would be Cars and Concepts, as they did all of the factory T-roof (and convertible through '93) installations for Ford.
    Last edited by FoxChassis; 08-11-2007 at 09:45 PM.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

FEP Power Member

The only people that made kits for t-top installation was cars and concepts too. You cannot tell any major difference between the ones installed by cars and concepts or one installed by the local t-top shop. By the way Bill Hatfield has a 85.5 svo that was installed by cars and concepts but owner had them installed and does not have a (D) on the door data sticker. I also have a couple of 84 svo's with t-tops, one silver from Texas with documentation where the dealer sent it to have the t-tops put in and the other from the Atlanta area, not shure how or where they were installed. Neither have a (D) on the door data sticker.
    Kendal

FEP Member

my boss at work has a nice black 86 with a sunroof but i've never seen a t-top version.