Close

Default Help decode 80 RS?

Hey guys, I found a 80 RS I think I'm going to pick up. It is just sitting around and on it's way to scrap acording to the owner. It's an extreemly straight car, and I have no idea why anyone would want to scrap it, so I'm going to save it. Anyway, here's the info. It is a RS, and 1980. Missing motor and tranny, but appears to be all origional...

VIN # OF14D659107

DOOR TAG: 6180
    Body: 61 D
    Int Trim: DD
    S: B
    AX: G
    TR: WRRFF

BUCK TAG:
    659107 61D MO 0443
    IC DF ST
    AC04 S
    CRS 08V
    34386 DCR

It is a sun roof car too, black with orange RS stripping. I dont know much about this decoding stuff. I believe that the CRS means that it is a RS. I hope that I got all the info put down right, and that someone can make some sense out of all it. I'm just not too good at this stuff, and it would be neat to know a lil more about it. Thanks in advance! Count this one as another one saved. I will post pictures of it when I get it home. Alright, so work your magic, tell me more about this car...lol
    "Swaddled in a silent, climate-controlled cocoon of leather, modern drivers are subjected to what could only be charitably called a rubber room."

-1983 RS Capri:302,demon,blower,baer,svo,3:73,viper 6 spd,Trickflow,Eibach,BBK,borla, msd,autometer,ect.
    -1980 RS Capri: $300 junkyard find, aka: Project Resurection
    -1995 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC: Daily Driver
    -2007 GT: alloy metallic, 4.6, motorsport 2.3 supercharger, 3:73 gears, 20" shelby wheels, borla exhaust, cervinis functional ram air hood, side scoops, dyno 475 to the wheels.

Please tell me more about the car first....exterior and interior colors?, power doors?, AC?, seat material? wheels? rear wiper? lights underhood and in kick panels? etc. etc.

Um...lol... Ok, let me think. I haven't got the car here yet, so I have to remember. It had red interior, some black parts like dash I think. Like I said before, the exterior was black with orange RS decals, no rear wiper, cloth seats, no wheels. Thats about all I can remember.
    "Swaddled in a silent, climate-controlled cocoon of leather, modern drivers are subjected to what could only be charitably called a rubber room."

-1983 RS Capri:302,demon,blower,baer,svo,3:73,viper 6 spd,Trickflow,Eibach,BBK,borla, msd,autometer,ect.
    -2007 GT: alloy metallic, 4.6, motorsport 2.3 supercharger, 3:73 gears, 20" shelby wheels, borla exhaust, cervinis functional ram air hood, side scoops, dyno 475 to the wheels.

VIN # 0F14D659107

0 = 1980 model year
    F = Dearborn, MI assembly plant (DAP)
    14 = three-door hatchback
    D = 4.2L V8 enigine
    659107 = production sequence number (~59,107th 1980 Capri produced)

DOOR TAG: 6/80 = June 1980 scheduled build date
    Body: 61D = three-door hatchback
    Int Trim: DD = Medium Red low-back vinyl and cloth bucket seating
    S: B = moonroof/sunroof
    AX: G = 2.26:1 axle ratio w/ conventional differential
    TR: W = C4 automatic
    TR: RR = D9BZ-5310-R front springs
    TR: FF = D9BZ-5560-K rear springs

BUCK TAG:
    659107 = production sequence number (last six of VIN)
    61D = three-door hatchback
    MO = moonroof/sunroof
    1C = Black exterior paint
    DF
    ST
    AC = air conditioning
    04 = hood scoop
    S = speed/cruise control
    CRS = RS model/trim level
    V
    DCR

Thank you Fox! I will post pics of it when I get it along with more info for the records. You guys still gathering all that info?

cant wait to see the pics!
    1980 Mustang Ghia 3.3 4spd