Close

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Had the Dominator out at the Sturgis Mustang Rally over labor day. My son just came across this article in Performance Fords and lo and behold the car was one of the article pictures they published (albeit not a full shot). It's towards the bottom of the article. Another plug for the Dominators!

http://performance.ford.com/enthusia...nd-family.html
    Last edited by dakota4eyes; 09-22-2016 at 02:10 PM.
    2012 Boss 302

1985 Canyon Red GT "Dominator package" T-Tops . . 7 year restoration

1986 GT Conv. (Rare Black/Tan combo) Original 58k car

1985.5 SVO . . #242 of 439, #50 of 75 1B Medium Charcoal Metallic 4 year restoration

Cool! Glad you took it out to the show! Looking Sweet!
    Steve
    "Taillights in Your Face Jack? You've just been Dominated!"
    # Link to Facebook Dominator Mustang Fans # # Link to Facebook Predator Mustang Fans #
    # Link to Facebook Twister Mustang Fans #
    Current Stangs: Stangless
    Previously owned:
    84 Black GT, 85 Black T-Top Dominator GT # Link to Restoration Thread # 85 Dominator GT RIP 1995, 85 Predator GT, 83 Dominator GT, 82 Mustang GT

All, been a couple years since I posted in this thread. A few minor changes to the Dominator (my 85.5 SVO started consuming my time among other things). I never was great at dialing in carburetors, and I finally got fed up and wanted to have better driveability while maintaining the Dominators appearance overall. I opted this summer to replace the Holley with an FITECH EFI system. I dont have a ton of miles on it yet, but it learned the engine very quick. Had some trouble with idle at first, but that has cleaned up as well. I think overall, sans the high pressure fuel pump you'll see in the picture it looks like nothing has changed.

She starts like an FI car, she responds like an FI car but looks carbureted. Mission accomplished.

Planning, weather permitting, to bring her down to Omaha on the 29th for the Fox gathering there.

A pic of the finished product (you'll note the pump in the driver-side area). Had the aircleaner top on cockeyed for the pic, since been straightened.

Name:  Dominator_with_aircleaner[1].jpg
Views: 56
Size:  150.7 KB
    Last edited by dakota4eyes; 09-22-2018 at 09:15 AM.
    2012 Boss 302

1985 Canyon Red GT "Dominator package" T-Tops . . 7 year restoration

1986 GT Conv. (Rare Black/Tan combo) Original 58k car

1985.5 SVO . . #242 of 439, #50 of 75 1B Medium Charcoal Metallic 4 year restoration

Awesome! I had wanted to do the same thing to my Dominator because yes the carb can be so particular. I too thought it would allow the Dominator air cleaner to remain. I unfortunately due to continued back issues made the decision to sell my Dominator to a friend because I can no longer work on it or enjoy it. That way it can be enjoyed and continue to be seen. I will still get to see it. It was a tough decision but a necessary one. I will still continue to operate the registry and continue to research the Dominators, My Love for them will never go away! Unfortunately I am not going to be able to make up to Omaha. Be sure to take lots of pictures!
    Steve
    "Taillights in Your Face Jack? You've just been Dominated!"
    # Link to Facebook Dominator Mustang Fans # # Link to Facebook Predator Mustang Fans #
    # Link to Facebook Twister Mustang Fans #
    Current Stangs: Stangless
    Previously owned:
    84 Black GT, 85 Black T-Top Dominator GT # Link to Restoration Thread # 85 Dominator GT RIP 1995, 85 Predator GT, 83 Dominator GT, 82 Mustang GT

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112