Close

Default CAMSHAFT WOES!!!! Help Meh

Hey! I have a mildly modified mustang, a lot of you who have seen my other posts know what i have, im looking for a cam that operates from idles up to 5800ish rpm, i have the weiand stealth intake so i can go a bit higher than that no problem. Im looking for a cam thats gonna help me make more mid-high rpm HP/torque but wont need a extra vacuum canister. i want a cam that needs no other mod such as notching pistons or different pushrods.

Im thinking about the e303 cam, will it work well?

but then i want the f303, about what rpm range do these cams operate in and will i have piston to valve clearance issues????
    1985 Mustang GT-Stock 302, Weiand Stealth, SA 670, Taurus Fan, AC/Emissions Delete, BBK LT's , O/R H-Pipe, Spintech Turndowns, 373's, Toyo TQ 275/45/16 , 5 Lug/Rear Disc Swap

2003 SVT Cobra-Pulley, Intake, Exhaust -11.91 @ 118

I am running a E303 in my 347 and on my last dyno the fall off was around 5700 on my setup which is mostly listed below. When I first put the engine in the car, I got the E303 for smog legallity reasons and now I wish I had gone with a higher lift cam. I had to pull some major strings and take the car to a friend of a friend to get the car to pass smog anyway due to exhaust issues and that guy didn't care what I had in the car. As far as the cam clearances, I had no issues with my setup and the guy that did the machine work said I could have gone taller if I wanted.

Anyway here are the numbers for the cams you are asking about but as you can see my actual RPM on the E303 is 200 RPM higher then what they list for the cam. Every engine setup is going to be different depending on the limits/fall off of the other parts you put with it. Sort of a you are only as good as your weakest part deal.

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts...tKeyField=1329
    Last edited by Hemlock; 07-21-2007 at 11:16 AM.
    1984 RS 347 Capri, To many car parts to list, check out my car build page here for the story on my car and a full parts list/setup!:

My RS in Action

I think the alphabet cams are old and out dated technology. Custom grind is the only way to go.
    408 C.I.-Sleeper

FEP Member

Hemlock, I'm not sure that I would post that about the inspection thing, the fine for that is HEFTY and you never know whos looking around.

I ran a stock shortblock, edelbrock 190/160 heads, stealth, and the lunati 51014 cam. It worked GREAT. Ran 12.0's at 113mph.
    1984 GT T-top
    363, Naturally Aspirated, glide

I run the E303 in my 85 GT and is does real well on the street, in the range you are looking for. I have ran a 13.01@105mph w/ the stock 2.73's (t-5). It is all in how you built it and what you want...... Mine stops pullin' around 5700 -5900.....

Quote Originally Posted by svo6 View Post
    I think the alphabet cams are old and out dated technology. Custom grind is the only way to go.
    i agree cookie cutter cams FTL.
    83 GT w/ T-Tops (JeffCleaned)
    2021 Turbo Blue Audi S5