Close

Default Need Longer Pushrods, Where To Find? 351w Swap

I checked my pushrod length tonight on the 351 with a homemade checker(made from an old pushrod, a piece of a pencil and a piece of rubber hose, lol) and it came to 8.350" or 8.375" the latter being the one i would prefer. Comp cams sells exactly what i need, except they're 100.00 per set...does clevite or any of those "stock" parts store suppliers make longer pushrods? i checked schucks.com but came up empty, Thanks for any input i cant wait to pull the ol' 302 tomorrow!

~Mark~
    86' Coupe Street/Strip Never Ending Project-351w, 4 Wheel Disk, WC T5, etc...

Link to my car Pics:
    http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v414/hyper7pbs/

o'reillys or autozone may be able to get what you need. summit or jegs would be the places to get what you need, imo.
    "I'm a mental patient, I'm suppose to act out!"

That seems like a long pushrod to me, mine were only 7.650. Are you running a flat tappet cam? Maybe that's why, since I'm using a roller.

I don't know if you'll find a set for much under $100. I got mine at Summit, they were $80. If you go with a custom set it'll probably be more.
    408/T5/3.73's

We're not fast racers, we're more what's known as half fast racers.

yep flat tappet cam(498/512), GT40 heads, and 1.6 scorpion roller rockers with studs, i ordered the trick flow set from summit today for 97.00 shipped(i dont know how they get away with a 10.00 handling charge on such a small item), Thanks for the info guys

~Mark~
    86' Coupe Street/Strip Never Ending Project-351w, 4 Wheel Disk, WC T5, etc...

Link to my car Pics:
    http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v414/hyper7pbs/