Close

Default Trying to locate a 79 Mustang - HELP Please

So I wanted to find my first notch but carfax only goes back to 1981...WHAT DO I DO?

Any help is appreciated. I know there is another thread where someone is trying to locate their 82GT but I can't even get started with carfax...

Thanks,
    Mike
    (Car is a 1979 5.0 notch Ghia)

Maybe if you posted the VIN somebody here might have it, or know a way to find it for you. Just an idea.

Justin
    1985 Mustang GT 5.0 CFI/AOD (originally)
    Now: 306, AFR 185s, Edelbrock Victor Jr. 302 Intake, Pro-Systems 4150HP, FTI/Ed Curtis custom cam, 170amp large case 3G Alternator, PA AOD with Silverfox SPT-MAC valve body, 3500rpm Stall, FRPP Aluminum Driveshaft, MM C/C plates, Tokico HP's, MM full length SFC's, SN95 Cobra brakes front and rear, 31 spline Fox length 8.8" with 4.10's, MM rear lowers and FRPP uppers, a few other MM suspension goodies, Jet Hot ceramic coated FRPP shorties, Pypes X-pipe, SpinTech Pro Streets and some other go fast parts.

1984 Mustang LX 5.0 4bbl/T5 (Sold)

LS swaps are the hair implants of the car world. Sure the owner is proud, but everyone else is laughing.

I'll try anything...lol

Vin # - 9F04F133862

This is how she looked before I sold her.

That thing is pretty slick looking. How long ago did you get rid of it? Do you know who you sold it to?

Justin
    Now: 306, AFR 185s, Edelbrock Victor Jr. 302 Intake, Pro-Systems 4150HP, FTI/Ed Curtis custom cam, 170amp large case 3G Alternator, PA AOD with Silverfox SPT-MAC valve body, 3500rpm Stall, FRPP Aluminum Driveshaft, MM C/C plates, Tokico HP's, MM full length SFC's, SN95 Cobra brakes front and rear, 31 spline Fox length 8.8" with 4.10's, MM rear lowers and FRPP uppers, a few other MM suspension goodies, Jet Hot ceramic coated FRPP shorties, Pypes X-pipe, SpinTech Pro Streets and some other go fast parts.

LS swaps are the hair implants of the car world. Sure the owner is proud, but everyone else is laughing.

Thanks,

Sold it in 1994 - at an auction... At the time my dad was a used car dealer and we took it to an auction in New Jersey...

My Grandfather bought the car new in 79 and we had it 'til 94.

Come on!!! Somebody here has to have an idea or two to help find this car.

Mike, did you try calling the New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission??? If not, here is their phone number, (609) 292-6500. Good luck and let us know if you are able to find anything out.

Justin

Quote Originally Posted by lk4life6969
    Come on!!! Somebody here has to have an idea or two to help find this car.

Mike, did you try calling the New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission??? If not, here is their phone number, (609) 292-6500. Good luck and let us know if you are able to find anything out.

Justin
    I didn't try that yet...I'll keep that number handy for later though...at the moment I have a cop friend looking into it too but not sure how much time he'll spend on it ya know...we'll see.

Thanks for the help Justin!

Just make a thread on every mustang website asking if anyone has a 79 coupe, vin #. Someone may know someone, ect....

What is this? You're looking for a car you used to own 12 years ago?
    Lee
    '79 Mustang Ghia 5.0 notch

Quote Originally Posted by f4fntm
    What is this? You're looking for a car you used to own 12 years ago?
    Wondering the same thing. What if you find it, and its completly trashed. Not saying its going to be, you plan to restore it to the way you had it. I really like the pics of it.

Well I want another 4-eyed car...and got to thinking I wish I still had grandpops coupe...so my dad is in the car business with carfax connections and I have a cop friend so I figured I'd give it a shot...especially seeing some other people looking and finding their old cars...turns out carfax only goes back to '81...

I'd love to resotre it and do the things I wanted to do to it back then...back then I was in high school so I didn't have much money...lol. It was broken into and just wasn't the same when it was fixed...thats when I started to look for something else...luckily I found the Capri...but now I'm older, wiser, and richer!! Can't hurt to look right?

Of course it's not gonna be mint like it was when I sold it...but who cares...I'll fix it up!! I'm sure it's prolly got an aero nose and some goofy ricer seats in it by now right...lol

Anyway...again any help is appreciated...I'm still looking.

Neither here nor there

www.autocheck.com says it has 5 records of that car.

use spaces after the vin to make 17 characters

Default hmmm

wow, that reminds me exactly of my 79...!!!!! na, i don't have urs, but kinda makes me wonder what would happen if i actaully fixed mine up...
    82 Mustang GT
    T5, 8.8
    Holley 650
    Performer 289
    BBK Shorties & H-Pipe
    Waiting for a Foureyed of the month vote!!!

Current Project: 1980 Project Green Machine

1999 Ford Taurus SHO DD

I have a cop friend
    Then why bother fooling around with Carfax? It isn't going to tell you who owns the car, or even if it's still on the road.
    Lee

Neither here nor there

I have a cop friend
    Then why bother fooling around with Carfax? It isn't going to tell you who owns the car, or even if it's still on the road.
    That may be true...but It can tell you where it was inspected, state wise, accident locations, and could help point him in the right direction.

I have a cop friend
    Well I wasn't sure how much work he'd put into looking...or if he even remembers when it's shift time!! lol. My dad said he knows a cop at his work that said "I can find it" lol. So we'll see what happens...

Again, any other help is surely appreciated.
    Mike

Blog Entries

Looks like I'm going to have to start a lost and found section for folks trying to locate old cars.

There are various techniques that differ from state to state that can be used to help locate former vehicles...perhaps we should have someone willing to research that and I'll post it up in a regular page format or something.

Offer stands: if you want, send me all the info and pics you have that you'd be willing to have posted publically and I'll whip up a page.

Quote Originally Posted by evlgt85
    Looks like I'm going to have to start a lost and found section for folks trying to locate old cars.

There are various techniques that differ from state to state that can be used to help locate former vehicles...perhaps we should have someone willing to research that and I'll post it up in a regular page format or something.

Offer stands: if you want, send me all the info and pics you have that you'd be willing to have posted publically and I'll whip up a page.
    Cool thanks!!
    Everything in this post is really all I have.

1979 Ford Mustang Sedan - 5.0 Ghia - White with a black vinyl top and black interior...automatic.

The car was bought new in '79 by my grandpop at C&C Ford in Horsham PA. Was registered in PA until we sold it in '94.

The car was sold at an auction in NJ in 1994.
    Vin # - 9F04F133862

This is how she looked before I sold her.

I'm confused - what gives with the cop friend? He could tell you exactly where the car is, who owns it, everything. Why bother with anything else?
    Lee

I'm confused - what gives with the cop friend? He could tell you exactly where the car is, who owns it, everything. Why bother with anything else?
    Well when I asked him, he didn't seem as if HE could find it...he said he'd have to ask around...and I didn't want to push the issue...he's a friend but not a best friend or someone I talk to all the time...

But my pop said there is a cop that comes to his work and this guy said he could find it...so I'm waiting on that too...

Damn so whats the update here on this car? Im curious as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by ujslost View Post
    Damn so whats the update here on this car? Im curious as hell.
    Damn this is old...I saw it and thought hey someone else is looking for a 79! lol. Then I realized it was my post...

Nothing...he came up empty! Carfax only goes to 81 or something so I couldn't even run that...

im curious because I would like to find a 94 gt vert, my grand mother bought after my grandfather died. She traded it in on a corvette, then later a guy from here in alabama found some papers in the car with her name on it and called her asking about the cars history since she was the first owner and he was the 2nd. but that was probly in 96 or so. im just affraid that its been beat on now, i remember when it had the new car smell still!

Quote Originally Posted by evlgt85 View Post

I'm all for starting this section. At least N2o has a VIN. I do not.
    2017 Lincoln MKZ AWD
    2003 Town Car
    2017 GTI
    Currently Foxless