Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trim color ?s

One of the easy ways to thing about the items that are black is they are non model specific items that may be on other models of Ford that don't use any Grey trim. The door handles, the wiper arms, antenna and bezel are all used across different models. So Ford just has them done in the Satin black and installs them as is. One item that is not mentioned here that is also black is the lock cylinder bezels in the doors and the hatch also. Again used across different models, etc. Here is an original GT that shows how everything was done from the factory. If you look closely you can see the difference between the grey cowl vent cover and the wiper arm black. You will also notice the black door handles and lock cylinders. I believe the cylinders were actually anodized black from Ford, so it looks a bit different than black paint on the handles and wiper arms. Hope this helps!

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...-mustang-gt-5/
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

The greys on the car are so dark I would’ve never known until I stumbled across and looked really close. This whole time I was thinking it was just black trim that faded a bit over time lol! I think I’d honestly just do all the trim and moldings in satin black. Just looks better to me.
    ‘22 Crosstrek Limited
    ‘07 Pontiac Vibe
    ‘06 Pontiac Vibe
    ‘05 Toyota Highlander 2.4
    ‘04 BMW 330i ZHP 6 spd
    ‘03 Toyota Matrix XRS 6 spd
    ‘88 Mustang Coupe Boss 327 Vortech Si Magnum MM StopTech
    ‘68 Buick Skylark 462 TKO600 RideTech
    ‘85 Mustang Coupe ‘04 Cobra Swap

Quote Originally Posted by STREETFIGHTER50 View Post
    The greys on the car are so dark I would’ve never known until I stumbled across and looked really close. This whole time I was thinking it was just black trim that faded a bit over time lol! I think I’d honestly just do all the trim and moldings in satin black. Just looks better to me.
    Obviously your car and you can do it anyway you like. I will say that when the trim is done correctly and well it really looks good and stands out as unique due to the 2 year only production run.
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller