Close

Default The Capri is on the road.

I finally put her on the road Tuesday afternoon. Seems to be ok. Got a few little issues I need to take car of, right turn signal indicator not working, speedo not working and tires need balancing bad. Also need to find some non efi valve covers, it has efi covers on it right now, so I don't have a pcv hook up.

I'm just taking care of the little things right now, not going to get in to the restoration process untill my 91 GT vert is completely finish, well at least the repairs from the wreck are completely finish. I don't think your ever get completely finished!

Does anyone have tint on thier bubble back capri (s)? This one has tint but it looks bad, it's bubbling up in some areas. Wouldn't mind keeping it tinted if it was done right. Tint on the door glass is bad looking to. But the glass has some marks in them, so I'll probably change out the glass from the parts car.
    I'll only have them retinted if I can find someone who can do the hatch glass too and it look good.

Delos
    Delos

1991 Mustang GT Convertible 347

1985 Capri RS 5.0/5speed

2005 Expedition Limited

i took my capri out tonight for the first time this year. felt good.
    need to get the front aligned & it should run like a raped ape.
    1985 Mercury Motorsport Capri Registry
    Official Pace Car of the Mercury Motor City 100 - Grand Prix IV

www.Motorsportcapri.com

Quote Originally Posted by 1985 Motorsport Capri View Post
    i took my capri out tonight for the first time this year. felt good.
    need to get the front aligned & it should run like a raped ape.

Just spent the last 1/2 hour looking at all the stuff on your website. Those are so awesome. Of the 30 built how many are left? Is there a possiblity of some still hiding out in someone's barn?

Is yours wearing the original decals?

Delos
    Delos

1985 Capri RS 5.0/5speed

2005 Expedition Limited

Neither here nor there

Glad to hear you got her running around Delos!

The problem with the rear bubble being tinted already
    is when it goes to be removed it takes the defroster lines with it.

I SOOOO badly want to tint mine but I can't get a sticker with tint on.
    I feel like I am in a damn fishbowl.

Quote Originally Posted by ddwood55 View Post
    Just spent the last 1/2 hour looking at all the stuff on your website. Those are so awesome. Of the 30 built how many are left? Is there a possiblity of some still hiding out in someone's barn?

Is yours wearing the original decals?

Delos
    of the 20 that i have located so far, about 18 or 19 still exist. i would say about 80% still exsist. so far i only know of 1 that went to the crusher. i am sure there some cruising around without the decals.
    yes mine still has the original paint & decals(except for the window band, which i replaced last year do to a cracked windshield that had to be replaced.)
    1985 Mercury Motorsport Capri Registry
    Official Pace Car of the Mercury Motor City 100 - Grand Prix IV

www.Motorsportcapri.com

Funny thing, I went to my brothers house in San Antonio, that is where my Capri is garaged. Just to start it up and drive it around the block a few times. Also did a bit house keeping on the Automobile, cleaning etc. It needs a paint job some day.

It is always good to drive the ole girl. Compared to the 05 Mustang GT she is a bit rough but I will not get rid of her. The Capri seems to have a bit more power on the takeoff for sure. Not bad for 175k on the odometer.

I removed the rear tint on my Capri many years ago(in San Diego), slowly I was able to save some of the defrost lines. I am not sure if they all work though. It has been tinted since then though with a better quality of tint.

Seemed like to day was a good day to drive the Capri for a few.

Later,
    Scott,

Boerne, Texas

SOLD- "Fair Winds and Following Seas" old girl.....1986 Capri 5.0L, 5 spd Silver/Charcoal Grey
    Thanks Ed for taking good care of the '86 Capri.

2005 Mustang GT, Mineral Grey
    2020 Mustang GT, Velocity Blue

I want to keep the tint but I'd rather remove whats on there and have it redone. Without all the bubble showing. I guess I'll check to see if the rear defoster even works, then decide what to do. I guess the best thing to do is go and talk to some of the tinting shops and see what they think.

Delos
    Delos

1985 Capri RS 5.0/5speed

2005 Expedition Limited