Close

Default got a question for a friend

I have a buddy that just got dynoed and he put down 235rwhp and 260 lbs of torque. Just curious what you guys think he will run. its a full weight 85 gt like mine with t- tops. he has not had it long but is thinking of taking it to the track and see what he can do. Just wondering what you guys think he will run. I told maybe low 14's high 13's maybe. am i close on this
    <<1985 mustang gt, 5 speed t-tops.
    The Objects In The Mirrors Are Losing.......

Well, if it is his first time to the track, add a second or so. I think 14.5 would be a good goal to shoot for.

My first time to a track, I had a 15 second run with a 12 second car
    86 GT with some go fast parts

yeah he just wanted a ball park he is scared that he will get laughed off the track. i keep telling him its all ine fun and who cares, but he says that mine is fast and i just trying to make him fell better. who knows
    <<1985 mustang gt, 5 speed t-tops.
    The Objects In The Mirrors Are Losing.......

Tell him we all had to start somewhere. People at the track, the serious ones, understand that and will give him tips and advice if he asks them. The only ones who might laugh are the Hon-Duh kids, and that's why you make sure someone in your Stang group has a 12second car, so you can point and laugh at their slow asses getting smoked by it.....
    1980 Coupe 4cyl, 4spd...transformation in progress
    1985 hatch 2.3...DD "Ugly but paid for"

lol I ran a 10 and a half eighth mile et my first time out with my 86. first time at the drags with a 5 speed 5.0. practice does make perfect as I can clock off 9 second flat et's with it now with no mods except driving. imo, its best to start off on street tires and learn how to "drive" it. I'd say a 14 with decent driving and 13s with excellant traction and driving.
    "I'm a mental patient, I'm suppose to act out!"