Close

Default could someone please tell me what to expect?

I have an 84 5.0 with a 90 model motor that has been coverted to carb holley 600, ford aluminum intake,85 ignition system(steel gear for the roller motor) true duals w/ flowmasters. 3.55 gears(8.8 rear end) back seat delete.
    17" cobra wheels 96 model.
    I am about to put this thing on the road and was hoping to get some insite on what kind of hp I have and what to expect in my first trip to the track.
    THIS IS MY FIRST 5.0 BUILD(converted chevy man)
    before it goes to the track it WILL have shortie headers and a 75 shot of N20 on it and subframe connectors.
    Oh it is a 5 speed.
    Thank in advance for the insite guys I just want some realistic input.
    I got this car for 1600. and have been at it for 2 months straight now so I am ready for a little fun!!!!!!!!!!
    84 stang gt,90 model roller motor ,96 cobra wheels,world class t5,8.8 rear w/3.55,5lug conversion w/dual piston calipers(PBR)(ranger rear axles),Holley 600 carb,all new suspension w/1" drop, metallic silver paint,headlght and tail light tinted covers, freshly dyed black interior,billit steering wheel, duals w/ flowmasters,88 rear quarter interior panels
    Soon to come 347 stroker,6speed trans

Quote Originally Posted by 84STANG GT View Post
    I have an 84 5.0 with a 90 model motor that has been coverted to carb holley 600, ford aluminum intake,85 ignition system(steel gear for the roller motor) true duals w/ flowmasters. 3.55 gears(8.8 rear end) back seat delete.
    17" cobra wheels 96 model.
    I am about to put this thing on the road and was hoping to get some insite on what kind of hp I have and what to expect in my first trip to the track.
    THIS IS MY FIRST 5.0 BUILD(converted chevy man)
    before it goes to the track it WILL have shortie headers and a 75 shot of N20 on it and subframe connectors.
    Oh it is a 5 speed.
    Thank in advance for the insite guys I just want some realistic input.
    I got this car for 1600. and have been at it for 2 months straight now so I am ready for a little fun!!!!!!!!!!
    It should run 13's on the motor if you use some traction tires. You need to get the heads ported or get GT 40P heads or aluminium heads. That's where the power is made.
    82GT street car: pump gas (9.8 to 1) 408W, C4, 8.8 with 3.55's: 10.70 at 126 on pump gas and drag radials

FEP Member

im guessing 13.9-14.3 on motor, and with a 75 shot 13.40-13.60, but you gotta get some drag radials or you will dissapoint yourself.
    92GT, 358, ci cam, 11:1, canfield 195's

13.70s or so if you are a good driver and arent afraid to break it. That would be with a 26 inch slick. I would say mid to low 12s on a 75 shot.

FEP Member

"drive it like you are not afraid to break it", lol, would be a must. the only thing i worry about is my t5.
    92GT, 358, ci cam, 11:1, canfield 195's