Close

Cool What are these Reports I see

Got a question for everyone?

What are these reports people are talking about that they have ordered for their cars? Is it a build sheet or something? And what cars are these available for??
    I just purchased a 84 5.0 Capri and got rid of the 79 Indy Pace Car

Cool

No one going to give me a answer???

Website is probably somewhere hidden in the Restoration forum. I know what you're talking about but don't rememebr the address since mine is a plain jane car.
    No matter where you go, there you are

There are two.

There is a "history report" or a "999 report" you can get from Ford. These are really not accurate and are very error prone. I don't have the number but search for history 999 or something.

Then there is a guy called Stew Jones who had some info and could get a report for Mustangs only. Seems like he might be out of biz or something...don't really know.

-Mike

I think that you are referring to what's called a Marti Report. I ordered one, and ahve it poseted for members reviews.
    I am very interested in Capris, Mustangs, Shelbys, and Saleens. Basically, if you cut me, I bleed Ford blue.

FEP Senior Member

I got the 999 report from Ford and it was dead on accurate. I plan to frame it for shows -- neat to read that kind of stuff.

There's also the Stewart Jones stuff -- I ordered one from him for $10 and it was accurate for my car's options, but can only guess that his "your vehicle is number X of X" info is correct. I'd say it's likely correct since I've never seen another Medium Red with gray interior 84 'vert before. Heard something about him not getting the Ford database info legally so he may have been shut down.

Then there's Kevin Marti's reports -- he's famous for being the only legit database guy to my knowledge, and his are the cleanest and most well known. I'll be getting one for my 84 as soon as he has the information collated and organized, which may be many months from the response I got from him not too long ago.

Just google any of the key words and you'll get there.

rob
    Rob

1984 GT Convertible: Born November 1983 so it has slapper bars and no fog lights. Has DSO 89 (Transportation Services) and later sold to a Ford VP of Finance in Palo Alto, CA. Medium Canyon Red Exterior, Charcoal Interior, 5.0, 5-speed, power windows and doors, and 85k miles.

http://s257.photobucket.com/albums/h...ics/?start=all

Disregard
    Last edited by 93-331-29PSI; 09-17-2007 at 01:42 PM.
    83 GT Turbo

FEP Senior Member

I think the phone # for Ford's Customer Service Center is 1-800-392-3673 in the USA.

ROB
    Rob

1984 GT Convertible: Born November 1983 so it has slapper bars and no fog lights. Has DSO 89 (Transportation Services) and later sold to a Ford VP of Finance in Palo Alto, CA. Medium Canyon Red Exterior, Charcoal Interior, 5.0, 5-speed, power windows and doors, and 85k miles.

http://s257.photobucket.com/albums/h...ics/?start=all