Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    FEP Member

these kids around here dont know how to drive them, on paper i know they are faster than what im witnessing, im sure ill come across the wrong ls1 someday...most definently, but as long as these kids around here keep granny shifting, im gonna keep whoopin their ass.
    92GT, 358, ci cam, 11:1, canfield 195's

FEP Member

Quote Originally Posted by 85GT2NV View Post
    these kids around here dont know how to drive them, on paper i know they are faster than what im witnessing, im sure ill come across the wrong ls1 someday...most definently, but as long as these kids around here keep granny shifting, im gonna keep whoopin their ass.
    A friend of mine has a brother with a Z28, He out powers my Capri hands down. Funny thing is he cant drive it, He wanted to ride in the Capri the other night so I took him for a spin. He was grabbing ahold of the seat and door when I launched and started banging gears, He was amazed that you can shift a stick car that fast. I was being gentle because of my glass jaw T5 and stock shifter, But I was not by any means granny shifting it. His car is capable of mid to low 12s but he has only managed to run high 13s, He just flat wont get rough with the tranny(T56).
    Makes ya feel good beating a faster car with skill alone.
    89LX Hatch
    90GT Hatch
    82 5.0 Capri
    93GT Hatch

Ls1 are good motors no the less. i have respect for them and what they can do. i am no chevy fan by no means but they are worth giving credit where credit is due. My bother-in-law use to have a 2000 ws6 and he has never been a big drag racer or anything, but he always like my mustang and wanted a muscle car himself. We went to a local track around here 1/8th mile and the best he could pull was a 9.1. I had the stang down thier and was running high 7's consistently. He was kind of mad that his car was doing better then it was. I told him the car was faster then what he gives it credit for and then he started well it has nothing on your stang and my motor is bigger, but i know you have more stuff done to yours to make it faster (he don't know a whole lot about cars) I told him i tell you what you drive my stang and i will drive your ws6 it said okay and we lined up side by side. The tree dropped and i smoked that aZZ i ran a 8.3 and he ran a 8.8, so sometimes its not always about the car it about the person behind the wheel. I have to admit after driving the ws6 i kinda wanted one i mean they are fast they look good and it was loaded. I know i would never own one but i do like them
    <<1985 mustang gt, 5 speed t-tops.
    The Objects In The Mirrors Are Losing.......

FEP Member

i like them too, just cant afford one.
    92GT, 358, ci cam, 11:1, canfield 195's

yeah i could buy one but upgrades are crazy for them.
    <<1985 mustang gt, 5 speed t-tops.
    The Objects In The Mirrors Are Losing.......

Yes they are nice cars and pretty fast off the floor. The biggest problem they have is that weak rear end.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12