Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Best E/T

^^^^ Nice car. Sounds great.Good luck at the track.^^^^

What casting numbers are those 289 heads? I found 2 set in the yard that are C60E and dont know if they are worth getting. They have press in studs and I dont have a clue if they would need to be switched out to run a E or TFS stage 1 cam. Are the heads worth it to run because I have E7's right now and they suck im lookin for a better head. Really nice times

FEP Member

Quote Originally Posted by 86_LX View Post
    What casting numbers are those 289 heads? I found 2 set in the yard that are C60E and dont know if they are worth getting. They have press in studs and I dont have a clue if they would need to be switched out to run a E or TFS stage 1 cam. Are the heads worth it to run because I have E7's right now and they suck im lookin for a better head. Really nice times

The E7s are capable of alot more than you give them credit for, By the time you get the old 289 heads into usable condition you could have done a home port job on the E7s and installed larger valves for about the same money. The potential of both heads are about the same so you might as well use what you have, If your just wanting to throw on a set as cast then get some box stock GT40p heads.
    89LX Hatch
    90GT Hatch
    82 5.0 Capri
    93GT Hatch

C60E is what I have. Only advantage over the E7TE is smaller chambers. Stick with the E7s they are about even in potential. I would look for a set of GT40s for the bang for buck factor.

FEP Member

i got my "P's" with svo roller rockers on ebay for 300. runs every bit as hard as my brothers performer rpm equipped does. should be going to the track this weekend...ill keep you all posted.
    92GT, 358, ci cam, 11:1, canfield 195's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12