Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

If you don't mind me asking, what's the full story with your car (how long ya had it, what type of condition was it in before the resto, etc.)? I just picked up a twin to your car. So this thread (and the one with the body shop progress) has really perked my interest. Sorry if you already covered this in a previous post.

Thanks - Joe
    1979 Indy Pace Car Mustang 302 / 5spd
    1982 Mustang GT T-Top 302 / 4spd
    1986 SVO Mustang - 1C

Not sure if i have,
    Well its a project me and my dad are working on
    and he was the original owner, he bought it brandnew in 84. then sold it a few years later to pay for stuff.

We were looking for another project car, and he remembered how much he loved his capri, and found out how rare it was.
    Well he keeps all the paper work for all his cars, so we did alot of searching and was able to find it not to far from where he use to live in NY

So once we were able to get in contact with the owner he was willing to sell, it was just sittin on the side of his house
    So 20 some years later he bought the car back he owned when he was a kid

We took a road trip picked it up and now restoring it. Ill post some pics of what it looked like when we got it. and ill scan some orginals from 84' when he bought.

Hopefully itll be done soon!!

JTurbo i would love to see some stuff about yours, not too many of these around
    1998 SVT Contour Daily Driver- K1 Racing Wheels CAI
    1985 Mustang GT T-top Black
    Freshened/Blueprinted 302-Heavily Worked GT40 Heads SS valves and Heavy Duty springs-1.6r Crane Cams RR-Custom Grind Comp Cam-Wieand Intake-Edelbrock Carb-MSD-King Cobra Clutch-World Class T5-Cobra 4whl Disc-31spl 4:10 rear-Longtubes-Strange 10Ways-Mac Exhaust with 3" Rolled tips-
    1984 RS Turbo Capri 100% Show car
    1982 Mustang GT

Well, I bought this one:

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthread.php?t=37854

It's still at my buddies house in PA (winter won't give up enough to get my trailer out). Hopefully I'll be able to actually get it into storage on Easter weekend. It is real solid but needs some TLC. I'm planning on keeping it basically stock. I've gone down the road of doing mods (mainly engine) to both my SVO and Pace Car. Hence the reason to keep the Capri stock. More on my car later this year - still need to finish up the SVO before driving season up here.

Look forward to seeing your progress. Love the attention to details on your RS!!

Joe
    1986 SVO Mustang - 1C

JTurbo you wont believe how much the pics of your car have helped me, i had the strip guy over and used pics of that rsTurbo to place the decals. ill post pics in a new thread once i get the photos uploaded
    Freshened/Blueprinted 302-Heavily Worked GT40 Heads SS valves and Heavy Duty springs-1.6r Crane Cams RR-Custom Grind Comp Cam-Wieand Intake-Edelbrock Carb-MSD-King Cobra Clutch-World Class T5-Cobra 4whl Disc-31spl 4:10 rear-Longtubes-Strange 10Ways-Mac Exhaust with 3" Rolled tips-
    1982 Mustang GT

Cool, glad to be able to help. Keep them pics coming.....

Joe
    1986 SVO Mustang - 1C

FWIW - a new 3 piece Capri emblem set is available on e-bay. I just picked up a set. Item # is 130094199446.

JT
    1986 SVO Mustang - 1C

Thanks man, i happen to have like 2 or 3 of every part you can think of brand new for this car, my whole attic is filled with parts, if you ever need to know where to get something PM me

Check out the details
    http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthread.php?t=43841
    1982 Mustang GT

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12