Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

looks great...
    ~~~Project Granny Sled~~~
    ~~~4 doors and some hurt feelings~~~
    79 Ford Fairmont with ALOT of mustang parts

Thread revival!!!!!
    conmech - aka Marshall
    Pending build-1983 Mercury Capri RS NOT staying as it left the showroom floor......
    Sonic blue pearl, sand beige, netted halos, FR500 wheels and shiny under the hood.

Sweet! I've been thinking more about this exact project lately, but in a different manner.

There's somebody I've found on Facebook who takes wheel centers, machines them down, and makes custom offset 3-piece wheels out of them for the "stance" crowd. He does some really cool stuff with wheel centers I never would have thought of using. Some of them completely blow my mind. Examples of ones I really like are the Pontiac Fiero wheels, the Chrysler LHS wheels, and the BMW TRX bottle cap wheels. I think it's probably impossible to have him do the work, but what's to stop somebody here, or somebody here who knows somebody else with the skills required to machine down some wheel centers to fit with the inner and outer hoops you can get from the aftermarket to produce some super cool 3-piece wheels from Ford TRX centers that would actually fit some more readily available 16" or 17" tires.

Here's the link to his Facebook page:
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Indywidual-wheel-Dzidziusbmw-Zbif/435223189880338?fref=ts

Lots and lots of meshies on that page.
    Last edited by MHISSTC; 06-29-2015 at 02:22 PM.
    NASA Rocky Mountain
    HPDE Group Leader and CMC Racer

Quote Originally Posted by conmech View Post
    Thread revival!!!!!
    Thanks for reviving this thread! I have been wanting to look at this! I would love 16 or 17 inch TRX's for my 82!
    ~Paul

1982 Mustang GT
    1983 Mustang GT TTop
    1985 Mustang LX 5.0 Notchback
    1995 Ford F150 SVT Lightning
    www.cardomain.com/id/mustang4life1985

Now the trick is to locate Centerline rims like what he used, on the cheap. I contacted Centerline yesterday about their overstock items....... None available. I did, however, find out that they can do a run of 15", 16" or 17"" custom order for approximately $1,200 - $1,600 per set of 4.

I'm trying to locate used........
    conmech - aka Marshall
    Pending build-1983 Mercury Capri RS NOT staying as it left the showroom floor......
    Sonic blue pearl, sand beige, netted halos, FR500 wheels and shiny under the hood.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123