Close

FEP Member

Default valve cover question, roller rockers...?

was wondering if anybody knew if my motorsport/svo roller rockers will fit under these http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku
    they have been clearanced to fit under stock covers. i had them under my PBF covers but they didnt have any baffles and i need baffels now. i thought i heard that these are a tad taller than stock ? i really dont want to go to a tall cover to get a baffle. i am curious if anyone is running these cast ford racing valve covers with roller rockers.
    92GT, 358, ci cam, 11:1, canfield 195's

FEP Member

also i was looking at summit they sell a gasket thats .3125 or 5/16" thick. i wonder if that would do the trick. by looking in the covers now it looks like i would have the room but i would like to hear from someone who might be running a similar combo. ?

FEP Member

ttt

The valve covers I have now have had the baffles removed to clear the roller rockers, and I'm sick of the oil mess. I'm looking at these to solve the problem:

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...&view=1&N=700+

They are tall, so should clear, and they are baffled, and best of all, the price is right.
    408/T5/3.73's

We're not fast racers, we're more what's known as half fast racers.

FEP Super Member

I've also clearanced my rollers to fit the PBF covers , have no baffles , and I have no oil mess .
    I have a motorsport filler cap that is an open type , has breather holes on the underside /spark arrestor , in the driver side , and pcv , in the pass , rear .
    I don't know if that is why , but it may help .
    clowns to the left of me , Jokers to the right

FEP Member

just came from summit, got the motorsport tall polished alum. ones. not the look i wanted but i got room for future valvetrain upgrades now.

If you removed the oil baffle from a set of 87-93 injected covers can you clear 1.7's? Dont' mean to hijack but thought I've read that somewhere before....Just curious

Quote Originally Posted by ram360 View Post
    If you removed the oil baffle from a set of 87-93 injected covers can you clear 1.7's? Dont' mean to hijack but thought I've read that somewhere before....Just curious
    My '90 valvecovers clear these with no modifications needed.

http://www.steeda.com/products/crane...ocker_arms.php
    1990 Mustang LX 5.0 - Ran into a tree (fixed!)
    2005 Ranger XLT 4x4 - Daily Driver/Tow vehicle
    1992 Mustang LX 2.3 - MPG baby yeah!
    1994 Explorer - Fix 'n Flipper

Quote Originally Posted by MurPHy View Post
    My '90 valvecovers clear these with no modifications needed.

http://www.steeda.com/products/crane...ocker_arms.php
    Good to know, thanks man.

FYI- I got a great set of plain polished tall covers which clear rollers with baffles for about $62. White performance 423-722-5152.
    Just plain polished, but thick aluminum and I got great service from them.
    83 5.0 GT. Quicker than it looks! 10:1 (or just over) 306, Motorsport a332 cam, 140A alt, t5 conv, 8.8 w/ 3.27's, Edel rpm, alum rad, very worked e7's, Holley SA carb, etc... SOLD IT!!!!

Now an 1981 Granada! .040 over 302, Edel E-street heads... Currently building a 347 because, why not?

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

With the crane cobra 1.7 rockers and the valve covers in the link in the first post I clear with the baffles in but barely, I had to take out the bolt closest to the firewall in the baffle.
    Last edited by 795.0pacecar; 02-28-2007 at 01:01 AM.
    1979 Mustang Indy 500 Pace Car
    Modified Mustangs Aug, 2006 Feature Car

2016 Shelby GT350

2015 F150 2.7 Ecoboost

Quote Originally Posted by 85GT2NV View Post
    was wondering if anybody knew if my motorsport/svo roller rockers will fit under these http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku
    they have been clearanced to fit under stock covers. i had them under my PBF covers but they didnt have any baffles and i need baffels now. i thought i heard that these are a tad taller than stock ? i really dont want to go to a tall cover to get a baffle. i am curious if anyone is running these cast ford racing valve covers with roller rockers.

I've been conteplating on what to do like you.

I have the stock PBF, with the baffles removed for r.r and I'm getting a lot of oil past my pcv valve into my intake.

I also looked at those valve covers because it looks like they already have the baffles...but it states that they are stock height, so then you might have to remove the baffle's for the r.r's
    85 GT Daily Driver
    351 Twisted Wedge

89 LX
    SVO Block
    Stage III Street Heats
    Jerico

FEP Member

yup, thats why i got the tall ones with the baffles. im sick of fighting things.

Quote Originally Posted by 795.0pacecar View Post
    With the crane cobra 1.7 rockers and the valve covers in the link in the first post I clear with the baffles in but barely, I had to take out the bolt closest to the firewall in the baffle.

So with those valve covers, you have no oiling issue's as far as oil pushing out of breathers/past PCV valve?
    85 GT Daily Driver
    351 Twisted Wedge

89 LX
    SVO Block
    Stage III Street Heats
    Jerico

No, but I still have the baffle installed, but instead of there being 3 bolts in it, there are 2. I also clean the PCV screen every few months.
    1979 Mustang Indy 500 Pace Car
    Modified Mustangs Aug, 2006 Feature Car

2016 Shelby GT350

2015 F150 2.7 Ecoboost