Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

One of their photographers is a member hear and saw a pic of my car in one of the threads. He sent me an email asking about all my mods and how often I drive it and whatnot. This was in november 05, then I didn't hear anything from them until around february 06 when the editior started emailing me, then on my birthday in march they sent a photographer to where I live.

BTW thanks for the kind words about my car.
    1979 Mustang Indy 500 Pace Car
    Modified Mustangs Aug, 2006 Feature Car

2016 Shelby GT350

2015 F150 2.7 Ecoboost

FEP Member

I used to own an '85 SVO that was a hertz rental car in Texas. maybe someone famous rented it??? It was photographed and put in SVOCA website newsletter. I miss that car.

Magazine coverage can come in many forms....I've been involved with MM&FF helping put together shootouts from the Luxobarge to the 2.3 Turbo Shootout...in those cases I had made contact with Campy and Vinnie and they asked me to put together a list of cars for them to choose from. For the 2.3 Turbo shootout I posted on different boards (TurboFord, etc) looking for cars and I assembled a list with pics that I submitted for them to choose from....But shootouts are different than features(and get published faster too).

I was featured in Ford Builder and never even knew it was coming....they saw the car at the World of Wheels show and took pics. I was also interviewed by MM&FF at the MCA 30th anniversary show last September but nothing has shown up to date.

Many articles are done be freelancers who work for many magazines....in 4 weeks I have a photographer coming down to my shop from Modified Mustangs to shoot 3 cars here...this was supposed to happen last fall but got postponed till springtime. He also asked me for any other cars that might interest him in the area and out of 10 cars I submitted to him he only took 3....so it depends what they are looking for.

Car shows are a good way but don't chase them down because the last thing they want is to be followed into the bathroom by someone wanting them to feature their car....the best thing is to not be anxious about it...just let it happen when it comes to events like that.

Mostly though...it's word of mouth...when they shoot one car some of the photographers have started asking if anyone knows of any others and this has netted them some really nice cars that you don't always see at big events.
    My cars: Too many to list....I need shock therapy...

Venomous Moderator Hissing Cobra's Avatar

I'm not famous but I got my Cobra into the August 2005 issue of MM&FF and it will also be featured in next month's (April 2007) issue of Modified Mustangs Magazine (set to go on sale in a week or so).

For MM&FF, I e-mailed their editor at the time (Jim Campisano) a slew of pictures and a brief writeup of the car and told him that I would be attending the upcoming Fun Ford Weekend event at New Hampshire's "New England Dragway". I was surprised that I got an e-mail back the following morning from him and he stated that he would have a photographer be on the lookout for me. This was 4 months before the event! About 2 weeks before the event, I sent him another e-mail to remind him. Well, the photographer came to the event and found me. He liked the car and told me that he couldn't make a decision until he looked at all of the show cars. He came back later in the day and told me that he would photograph it. I also won the MM&FF "Editor's Choice Award" for the event.

For Modified Mustangs, I e-mailed them the same package 2 years ago and never heard anything. Then their freelance photographer, Tracy Stocker, posted up in Foureyedpride's "Online Car Show" that they were looking for cars to feature. I posted up mine and sent him an e-mail and that worked. It'll be coming out sometime this week and I can't wait to see it!

If you haven't seen any of the Modified Mustang magazines, check them out! Recently, they've been featuring a lot of Foureyedpride's member's cars, including Twister's and 795.0pacecar's.
    Last edited by Hissing Cobra; 02-21-2007 at 02:50 PM.
    Pete Slaney

1979 Mustang Cobra

347/T-5/4.30's
    420 rwhp/380 rwt (New Motor)
    11.49 @ 121.86

306/T-5/4.30's (Old Motor)
    307 rwhp/278 rwt
    12.38 @ 111.38

Well I own the only SVO, and possibly the only Fox body to be on Barrett-Jackson. Also own one of those Houston Hertz SVOs so maybe somebody famous rented mine also? I'm not famous so I guess I don't count? HAHA

Also Barbara Eden of "I Dream of Jeannie" owned a Boss 9 or something like that?
    Last edited by Ken P; 09-08-2011 at 03:47 PM.
    86 LX Coupe 4E
    84 SVO Watkins Glen Pace Car 1E
    85 SVO Hertz 4E
    85.5 SVO 2R orig owner
    86 SVO 7B
    66 Fastback
    55 Willys Jeep Overland Wagon

KenP: Did you buy it at the B-J auction? That must be quite an experience.
    The original "4-eye" is a 1969 Mach-1
    Raleigh, NC

Quote Originally Posted by Ken P View Post

Also Barbara Eden of "I Dream of Jeannie" owned a Boss 9 or something like that?
    I remember Larry Hagman drove a '66 or '67 Goat, on that show... I think I remember a Chevelle convertible, too. Then I got cable...
    '88 Mustang GT convertible, T5, 3.08:1 gears. 5.0 Explobra Jet: A9L Mass Air conversion, Fenderwell Mac cold air intake, 70mm MAF meter = 4.6 T-Bird/Cougar housing + '95 Mustang F2VF-12B579-A1A sensor, aftermarket 70mm throttle body and spacer, Explorer intakes, GT40P heads with Alex's Parts springs and drilled for thermactor, Crane F3ZE-6529-AB 1.7 "Cobra" roller rockers, Ford Racing P50 headers, Mac H-pipe, Magnaflow catback, Walbro 190 LPH fuel pump, UPR firewall adjuster and quadrant with Ford OEM cable, 3G conversion ('95 Mustang V6), Taurus fan, rolled on Rustoleum gloss white paint...
    Past Four Eyes: Red well optioned '82 GT 5.0, Black T-top '81 Capri Black Magic 3.3L 4 speed, Black T-top '84 Capri RS 5.0 5 speed.Over 200,000 miles driven in Four Eyes, and over 350,000 in Fox Body cars.

My car was in Hot Rod Magazine in 9/01 and is featured in the book "How to Build Ford Restomod Street Machines."

And I used to own a Chevy Celebrity if that counts for anything.
    85 Ford LTD LX: Four eyes and Four doors

EFI swap, AFR 165 heads, 5-speed conversion, Cobra brakes, etc.

Travis T

My old 84 1/2 dark charcoal GT was in Sports Car Illustrated. It was sitting in the parking lot at an autocross. My buddy that was with me had been autocrossing for 30 years, won multiple state championships, and never got his car in that magazine. Pissed him off.

No, I got it from the guy who bought it at the auction. It came with the BJ description sheet / window stickers. I'm the third owner. It's also the 3rd to last 85.5 built of which the last two are still unaccounted for in the registry.

The Mustang Barbara Eden drove was her personal car and I don't think it ever made it onto the show. It was featured in Mustang Monthly several years ago.
    86 LX Coupe 4E
    85 SVO Hertz 4E
    85.5 SVO 2R orig owner
    86 SVO 7B
    66 Fastback

Quote Originally Posted by Ken P View Post
    No, I got it from the guy who bought it at the auction. It came with the BJ description sheet / window stickers. I'm the third owner. It's also the 3rd to last 85.5 built of which the last two are still unaccounted for in the registry.

And I made that deal happen Which reminds me Ken...I think I have his ID bidder badge around here somewhere. Next time I see it I will save it for you

FEP Power Member

Quote Originally Posted by HEMI View Post
    He was actually partnered with Saleen on a joint racing venture for a while, so it's no surprise that he'd have some Saleen hardware.
    I remember the white car he had featured in one of the mags.. had a Thunderbird front bumper grafted on, and some ridiculous looking hub caps with "speed holes" in them. Front end was pretty cool tho
    Marc aka tripice351. 84.5 GT-350 2.3T.. and now, 1982 GL coupe.

Travis T

Barbara Eden had a blue 69 Mach 1. The guys from Muscle Mustangs & Exotic Fords magazine flagged the car down, and her son was driving it. They offered to buy it for a magazine restoration article, and he told them they had to talk to his mom. Boy, were they ever surprised when they found out who it was.

GT350R's 84 Turbo GT is in the Feb 07 Modified Mustangs.

GT350R if your reading this post, tell us the story about your 84 getting into Modified Mustang!
    Raleigh, NC

Both my SVO's were featured in magazines.

My 2R was discovered by the editor of Mustang Illustrated at a Fun Ford Weekend event. Long story short, Norwalk didnt have an autocross that year ( as they did at that FFW event 3 years previous,) and I wasnt about to walk a 1/4 mile to watch drag-racing...so i stuck it in the car show, scratches, dings, dents and all. The editor of Mustang Illustrated and FFW ended up giving her the Editor's Choice award. It was funny cause he even said that the car was too hardcore for a car-show. I loved that. After the awards BS he ended up doing a 5 page spread on her. It can be seen in the April 2001 issue. ( I think...I dunno, maybee 2000.)

HA!! My 2R was "almost" featured in Muscle Mustang too...but thats a story for another day, and I prefer to tell it when i have had a few beers in me. Its funnier that way.

As for the 1D, the photographer dude got in touch with me and yada yada yada 6 months later it was featured in Modified Mustang's December 06 issue. ( I think..maybee November, I dunno. )

...does that count ?
    Leader of the SVO World Order....."Where Liberty Is For Just Us And Not All. "

Yeah, that counts. How did the photographer dude get in touch with you about 1D? Was that at a car show as well?
    Raleigh, NC

Quote Originally Posted by XxGATORxX View Post
    HA!! My 2R was "almost" featured in Muscle Mustang too...but thats a story for another day, and I prefer to tell it when i have had a few beers in me. Its funnier that way.

Yeah, Johnny Hunkins says hi!

...and don't forget that jackass that gave you a Celebrity choice award at the Carlisle Ford Nationals too....

Quote Originally Posted by svopaul View Post
    Yeah, Johnny Hunkins says hi!

...and don't forget that jackass that gave you a Celebrity choice award at the Carlisle Ford Nationals too....
    HA !! Yeah...Hunkins...

And I wont forget that jackass as long as you dont forget the d0uchebag that got you in touch with Modified Mag.

As for that award, one of my favorite of all time, honest. I'd put it in the case, but there is no more room.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Default .

KenP: That looks like the SVO I saw at B-J in 2005.

XXgatorXX: LOL, never seen you post here until you hipe your cars and then there was that pic of your corner shrine......Your "midnight pit crew" member said tell ya HI. See below.

svopaul: here's one for ya.......

CLICK 'UM

Last edited by bigwingsaleen; 02-22-2007 at 08:36 PM.
    Gary Alsobrooks
    Saleen Club of America
    Tennessee State Rep.

1985 Saleen T-top #49
    1987 Saleen Conv. #70

Gary,

Yes, that picture at Barrett-Jackson is from the CD you recently sent me. I had to crop and shrink it down some to get it to work. Thanks again for that CD.
    86 LX Coupe 4E
    85 SVO Hertz 4E
    85.5 SVO 2R orig owner
    86 SVO 7B
    66 Fastback

Quote Originally Posted by LTDScott View Post

And I used to own a Chevy Celebrity if that counts for anything.
    TMI! TMI!
    '88 Mustang GT convertible, T5, 3.08:1 gears. 5.0 Explobra Jet: A9L Mass Air conversion, Fenderwell Mac cold air intake, 70mm MAF meter = 4.6 T-Bird/Cougar housing + '95 Mustang F2VF-12B579-A1A sensor, aftermarket 70mm throttle body and spacer, Explorer intakes, GT40P heads with Alex's Parts springs and drilled for thermactor, Crane F3ZE-6529-AB 1.7 "Cobra" roller rockers, Ford Racing P50 headers, Mac H-pipe, Magnaflow catback, Walbro 190 LPH fuel pump, UPR firewall adjuster and quadrant with Ford OEM cable, 3G conversion ('95 Mustang V6), Taurus fan, rolled on Rustoleum gloss white paint...
    Past Four Eyes: Red well optioned '82 GT 5.0, Black T-top '81 Capri Black Magic 3.3L 4 speed, Black T-top '84 Capri RS 5.0 5 speed.Over 200,000 miles driven in Four Eyes, and over 350,000 in Fox Body cars.

Ehh, im on here alot actually, just dont post too much is all.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwingsaleen View Post
    .....Your "midnight pit crew" member said tell ya HI.
    Best crew-chief I ever had !! Give him my best, and a smootch on the cheek from Mel. ( that goes for the Mrs as well..well, maybee not the kiss, but im sure you know what im talkin about. ) You guys ever need anything, you get a hold of me anytime.

(On Edit) HA!! Hey, i just noticed the "glass" in that pic ( on top of the case ) I got that at the 2000 reunion in Goodlettesville !!

Damn that was a fun weekend !! Believe it or not, THAT was the weekend that set the pace for every SVOCA autocross afterwards. Alvino #1, I had you in my sights for the next year, and Ty and Ry had me in thiers....and its been that way ever since. Damn, what a great weekend.

You need to get another SVO so I can get another shot at losing to ya :P
    Last edited by XxGATORxX; 02-22-2007 at 09:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by XxGATORxX View Post
    As for that award, one of my favorite of all time, honest. I'd put it in the case, but there is no more room.

Damn Gator....I never knew you were a closet trophy whore!

Thanks for the pic Gary.....I need to get the engine swapped out in that for that upcoming track event. I've had it sitting here to assembly since August just never have had the time....

Seems like this forum is used as a channel for Modified Mustang magazine. Maybe a group/forum subscription should be negotiated?
    It's all kinda ironic in a way. There seems to be many in this forum that dislike anything other than bone stock yet this forum is the draw for Modified Mustang. Funny how that works...
    Raleigh, NC

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast