Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

My friend Dan Mcdonald owns one of the 4 66 Shelby convertibles that were made. The celeberty part of it is that it was Carrol Shelbys wifes car and all the paperwork is still in there name. I have another friend that offered him $500000 for the car and he turned it down.
    A bunch of 85gt's

My car was in Mustang Illustrated Magazine in Feb/2001. I was at the Fun Ford Weekend in Epping N.H. I entered the car in the car show for the weekend and I also entered it in the Street Ford bracket class. I was showing and racing at the same time. On Sunday I was showing In between rounds and they were giving away the awards for the car show. I won the Editors choice award from Mustangs Illustrated. I was in shock. I met up with Jay Heath the Editor at the show. He wanted to do a full feature on my car right then and there. I told him I couldn't as I was still going rounds. He said no problem he could wait. So he watched me go some more rounds. By this time it was getting late and the sun was going down. I was going to lose on purpose just to get the feature done. He came up to me and said it was too late. Not to worry he would catch up with me in a month. He said to keep going. I ended up going 10 rounds and won the whole street ford class. I got two of the best awards I ever could achieve, all in one day. I was on cloud 9 driving 2 1/2 hours home that night. A month later Jay called me and I met him in Connecticut and he did the photo shoot. It came out great.
    85 G.T. All motor
    337 c.i.d 11.44-120 mph

1984 1/2 G.T. 350 (13.01-106 mph)

1984 G.T. (Daughters car)

1986 G.T. (Son's car) (12.99-105 mph)

Quote Originally Posted by 306gt View Post
    My car was in Mustang Illustrated Magazine in Feb/2001. I was at the Fun Ford Weekend in Epping N.H. I entered the car in the car show for the weekend and I also entered it in the Street Ford bracket class. I was showing and racing at the same time. On Sunday I was showing In between rounds and they were giving away the awards for the car show. I won the Editors choice award from Mustangs Illustrated. I was in shock. I met up with Jay Heath the Editor at the show. He wanted to do a full feature on my car right then and there. I told him I couldn't as I was still going rounds. He said no problem he could wait. So he watched me go some more rounds. By this time it was getting late and the sun was going down. I was going to lose on purpose just to get the feature done. He came up to me and said it was too late. Not to worry he would catch up with me in a month. He said to keep going. I ended up going 10 rounds and won the whole street ford class. I got two of the best awards I ever could achieve, all in one day. I was on cloud 9 driving 2 1/2 hours home that night. A month later Jay called me and I met him in Connecticut and he did the photo shoot. It came out great.
    Cool story. That kinda makes it worth all the money and hard work doesn't it.
    A bunch of 85gt's

Quote Originally Posted by jleews6 View Post
    My friend Dan Mcdonald owns one of the 4 66 Shelby convertibles that were made. The celeberty part of it is that it was Carrol Shelbys wifes car and all the paperwork is still in there name. I have another friend that offered him $500000 for the car and he turned it down.
    what color is the one he owns?
    86 GT vert - Bright Red/Grey Black top
    89 GT hatch - Bright Regatta Blue/Grey
    90 5.0 vert - Light Titanium/Red No top
    90 GT vert - Light Titanium/Black Black top
    91 5.0 notch - Medium Titanium/Black (wife)
    91 5.0 notch - White/Red soon to be black int

FEP Member

My white SSP coupe was in Modified Mustangs in January. They were super cool to me. James P did that photography and he was a great to hang out with. Half-day of shooting, and 30 minutes on the phone to get it in there. I wanted some action shots, but it was really cold and we ran out of daylight.

I was proud.....maybe I'll learn to use the woman's scanner and post them on here. Or if any of you get Mod Mustang Mag, it's in there!!!

I've been thinking of doing the full Nebraska State Trooper restoration on it if I can round up all the parts. I'm getting bored of the whole Saleen look-alike getup that's on it now.

Ax
    KC
    Looking for a thrill
    '79 Fairmont Wagon
    '80 Fairmont Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by jleews6 View Post
    Cool story. That kinda makes it worth all the money and hard work doesn't it.
    It was worth the time, money, hard work. I had achieved what I set out to do ever since I was a very young kid.. It put me at the top of my game, and I did it all myself. My next goal in my lifetime will be doing the same to a Modified 70 Boss 302. If I can find one for the right price. L.O.L.
    85 G.T. All motor
    337 c.i.d 11.44-120 mph

1984 1/2 G.T. 350 (13.01-106 mph)

1984 G.T. (Daughters car)

1986 G.T. (Son's car) (12.99-105 mph)

that is my dream someday to have my car in one of the mags...i would love that...maybe, after someyears of hard work and money...
    82 Mustang GT
    T5, 8.8
    Holley 650
    Performer 289
    BBK Shorties & H-Pipe
    Waiting for a Foureyed of the month vote!!!

Current Project: 1980 Project Green Machine

1999 Ford Taurus SHO DD

Quote Originally Posted by pextor View Post
    yes, yes he did.

next time it goes up for sale......
    What do you mean by, the next time it goes up for sale?

I just restored the interior on Burt Reynolds old 86 Gt Convertible
    "Eastbound and Down"

My mothers 2004 comp orange Mach 1 and my 96 Mystic cobra was on a episode of Fast and Loud recently. They filmed all the side interviews with Richard Rawlings and his guys in front of my 96 Mystic and did a pan around my moms Mach 1. We was at the car show at Mid America Shelby Meet in Tulsa OK. We all was sitting by my 96 cobra and the producers came up to us said rudely " we are going to be filming in front of your car I need yall to move out of the way" Not a please can yall move. So that's my fame to glory story with one of my cars LOL..
    68 Mustang coupe, #83 79 Pace Car, 1984 SVO, 1996 Mystic Cobra, 2004 Cobra, 2009 Mustang GT.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123