Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Celebrity Mustangs and Capri's

I was surfing through the forum in search of some information and ran across the T-Top mustang notch project that has been in 5.0 magazine recently and it got me thinking... How many owners of "celebrity" cars belong to this forum. Would they discuss their experiences with the magazine, or movie shoots they did?
    The original "4-eye" is a 1969 Mach-1
    Raleigh, NC

FEP Power Member

my 86 was in the first issue of Modified Mustangs, it took 1 day to shoot and a 45 minute phone interview.it was fun.
    down to two eyes

seller of the FIRST 4-eye in Modified Mustangs Magazine!

How did they locate you in the first place?
    Raleigh, NC

Not quite in the same vein but I believe Tom Jones used to own an ascMcLaren coupe....maybe he still has it for all I know.

-Mike

not a mustang, but my buddy rich (i call him richie rich) recently bought an 83 ferrari for 20,000u.s (which apparently was a steal) and the day after he got it the guy who sold it to him phoned him and asked him if he wanted to make 800 bucks by taking the car to a movie set for the afternoon for pics, so he went for the fun of it, and jack black and nicole kidman were shooting a movie in the hamptons, so they ended up posing with his car, apparently it will be on the cover of the yet unnamed movie, yeah, he said he was smoking cigarettes all afternoon with jack black and got to basically rub shoulders with nicole, i thought it was pretty cool, not sure if this is relevant to the original question, just made me think of it, he's currently organizing road trips with other ferrari owners and their going to shoot a lil documentary. must be nice.

SleeperGT

Didn't Burt Reynolds have a 85-86 GT vert?

Yup, but thats a different type of celerbity.
    No matter where you go, there you are

Quote Originally Posted by SleeperGT View Post
    Didn't Burt Reynolds have a 85-86 GT vert?
    yes, yes he did.

next time it goes up for sale......
    1999 SE sedan - 5-speed, Amazon green with med. prairie tan interior. needs waxed.

1998 ZX2 - silver with gray interior. needs cleaned.

FEP Member

A while back there was a red 87 Gt convertible auto with only something like 7000 original miles on it located in upstate new york on Ebay..evidently it was Jerry Seinfelds

and in the for sale column of this forum is an SVO formally owned by Kyle Petty...
    Raleigh, NC

The very last 93 foxbody, also a vert, was purchased by a celeb and I think it was also Burt Reynolds.

Also the last SVO built was purchased by Ernie Elliot ( Bill's brother ) and was taken right off the end of the line and put in an enclosed transport. I believe it is in Daniel Carpenter's collection now but I'm not 100% on that.
    Last edited by Ken P; 02-19-2007 at 04:55 PM.
    86 LX Coupe 4E
    84 SVO Watkins Glen Pace Car 1E
    85 SVO Hertz 4E
    85.5 SVO 2R orig owner
    86 SVO 7B
    66 Fastback
    55 Willys Jeep Overland Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by Ken P View Post
    The very last 93 foxbody, also a vert, was purchased by a celeb and I think it was also Burt Reynolds.
    I though MM ran a story about the last Fox Mustang a while back and it was snagged by some guy who tracked it down to a dealership in Florida. I didn't think it was a vert. I could be wrong...it was a good while ago that I read it.

Of course your version sounds more fun

-Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Ken P View Post

Also the last SVO built was purchased by Ernie Elliot ( Bill's brother ) and was taken right off the end of the line and put in an enclosed transport. I believe it is in Daniel Carpenter's collection now but I'm not 100% on that.
    Actually that car belongs to Gerry Ayres(sp?) in Pennsylvania....he has it on display in his house....9 rooms and a car in each room. He has SVOs and 80's turbo chryslers...all with little or no miles on them.
    My cars: Too many to list....I need shock therapy...

the last cerimonial Mustang off the line in 93 was a Bright Blue GT vert (they had a picture of it on the front page of the paper here with the big shots riding down the line in it) it probably wasn't the very last car off the line though. I think it's in a collection somewhere
    86 GT vert - Bright Red/Grey Black top
    89 GT hatch - Bright Regatta Blue/Grey
    90 5.0 vert - Light Titanium/Red No top
    90 GT vert - Light Titanium/Black Black top
    91 5.0 notch - Medium Titanium/Black (wife)
    91 5.0 notch - White/Red soon to be black int

Quote Originally Posted by negusm View Post
    I though MM ran a story about the last Fox Mustang a while back and it was snagged by some guy who tracked it down to a dealership in Florida. I didn't think it was a vert. I could be wrong...it was a good while ago that I read it.

Of course your version sounds more fun

-Mike
    That car is now a part of Rick Schmidt's gi-normous collection, owner of National Parts Depot in Ocala, Fl. (his son may have been the one who tracked it down in that story..can't remember).
    Mike
    '82 SSP
    '83 Colorado State Patrol SSP
    '83 Texas DPS SSP
    '85 Florida Highway Patrol SSP

www.SpecialServiceMustang.net

Quote Originally Posted by imevil1 View Post
    That car is now a part of Rick Schmidt's gi-normous collection, owner of National Parts Depot in Ocala, Fl. (his son may have been the one who tracked it down in that story..can't remember).
    Yeah, I think that's the car I was thinking of.

-Mike

They have some of the most unbelieveable cars ever in their collection (warehouse). They let our car club tour it a few years back. Unreal.
    Mike
    '82 SSP
    '83 Colorado State Patrol SSP
    '83 Texas DPS SSP
    '85 Florida Highway Patrol SSP

www.SpecialServiceMustang.net

I'm not sure now. Maybe it was the last 93 vert I saw and not the actual last Fox body.
    86 LX Coupe 4E
    84 SVO Watkins Glen Pace Car 1E
    85 SVO Hertz 4E
    85.5 SVO 2R orig owner
    86 SVO 7B
    66 Fastback
    55 Willys Jeep Overland Wagon

When researching the past history on my '85 Saleen I got in touch with the first owner. She went to the dealership to buy a new turbo coupe T-bird, walked into the showroom and there sat a Saleen with the t-tops out....that was the end of the T-bird. In 1985 her husband Don Coe was a rep for a company that sold aluminum grandstand seating, he was at Mid-Ohio for a race and Bobby Rahal took he and the Saleen out on the track for a spin...a simple ride around the track turned ugly when the Nissan pace car came out to play. During the now SPIRITED drive Bobby ripped the original shift knob off the internal threads that screwed into the shifter handle. When I bought the car I wondered why there was a factory Ford plastic knob screwed down onto just the threaded insert fronm the Saleen knob. Not knowing this until later I took all the pieces off and replaced with a NOS '85 knob...........I got the pieces hanging on the back of workbench.

Rich Mora from New Jersey once owned the SVO owned my Michael Andretti. It had an Andretti vinyl signature decal on the side mirrors.

Allan Jackson is a car collector/enthusiast and has owned a lot of Mustangs/Shelbys/Fords.
    Gary Alsobrooks
    Saleen Club of America
    Tennessee State Rep.

1985 Saleen T-top #49
    1987 Saleen Conv. #70

FEP Power Member

Eminem had a (IIRC) purple 98 Cobra that sold on eBay in the last year or so.
    Marc aka tripice351. 84.5 GT-350 2.3T.. and now, 1982 GL coupe.

My car was in modified mustangs in august 06. They found me on this board. Spent a full day shooting photos and spent at least an hour on the phone with the editor of the magazine.
    1979 Mustang Indy 500 Pace Car
    Modified Mustangs Aug, 2006 Feature Car

2016 Shelby GT350

2015 F150 2.7 Ecoboost

Quote Originally Posted by tripice351 View Post
    Eminem had a (IIRC) purple 98 Cobra that sold on eBay in the last year or so.
    it was a '99 v6 convertible.
    it was for sale at a Ford dealership by me
    86 GT vert - Bright Red/Grey Black top
    89 GT hatch - Bright Regatta Blue/Grey
    90 5.0 vert - Light Titanium/Red No top
    90 GT vert - Light Titanium/Black Black top
    91 5.0 notch - Medium Titanium/Black (wife)
    91 5.0 notch - White/Red soon to be black int

Venomous Moderator Hissing Cobra's Avatar

I believe that comedian Tim Allen has owned or still owns a Saleen Mustang.
    Pete Slaney

1979 Mustang Cobra

347/T-5/4.30's
    420 rwhp/380 rwt (New Motor)
    11.49 @ 121.86

306/T-5/4.30's (Old Motor)
    307 rwhp/278 rwt
    12.38 @ 111.38

Quote Originally Posted by Hissing Cobra View Post
    I believe that comedian Tim Allen has owned or still owns a Saleen Mustang.
    He was actually partnered with Saleen on a joint racing venture for a while, so it's no surprise that he'd have some Saleen hardware.
    It's 'definitely', not 'defanitely', 'definately' or 'definetly'.

795.0pacecar: There's seems to always be an interesting story that goes with something like this. I always assumed magazine cars were the result of a car show or somebody knowing somebody. So Modified Magazine just found you on this board? Did they just PM you and say they want your car in their mag? or was there a lengthly thread of discussion that resulted in your car in the mag? How much time passed between their initial contact and seeing your car in the mag? I remember seeing it. Very nice!
    Raleigh, NC

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast