Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by info View Post
    I don't get the whole conversion thing...if you want your car to be something else then sell it and buy what you really want...but i am just a stock-look kinda guy.
    Yeah, I know. That's why I feel sad when I look at it. I want to convert it BACK.
    1980 Mercury Capri. 5.0 Operation "Face Off"

Quote Originally Posted by '80Capri5.0 View Post
    Yeah, I know. That's why I feel sad when I look at it. I want to convert it BACK.

YOU HAVE TO CONVERT IT BACK!!!!!!
    OLD GUY CAR NUT

I don't HAVE to do anything and you don't HAVE to yell. Why do you think Im here? To find out what I need and where to start on converting it back. I just need the money. I'm doing it because I WANT to not because I HAVE TO.

Quote Originally Posted by '80Capri5.0 View Post
    I don't HAVE to do anything and you don't HAVE to yell. Why do you think Im here? To find out what I need and where to start on converting it back. I just need the money. I'm doing it because I WANT to not because I HAVE TO.
    Sorry! ....I was just playin with you.
    I just figured that when you previously said you feel sad when you look at it; then you have to convert it back to be really happy about the car...it will be a great project I am sure you will enjoy...but yes there will be a price tag. After you have her the way you want her you will wear a smile every time you see her.

What's the weather like there..,here i have 4 feet of snow on the front lawn and at my camp 1 1/2 hours north of here, I can snowshoe from my yard right on to the roof, and can touch hydro lines with my hands out by the road.
    OLD GUY CAR NUT

Sorry! ....I was just playin with you.
    I just figured that when you previously said you feel sad when you look at it; then you have to convert it back to be really happy about the car...it will be a great project I am sure you will enjoy...but yes there will be a price tag. After you have her the way you want her you will wear a smile every time you see her.

What's the weather like there..,here i have 4 feet of snow on the front lawn and at my camp 1 1/2 hours north of here, I can snowshoe from my yard right on to the roof, and can touch hydro lines with my hands out by the road.
    I'm sorry. Yesterday was V day and it had me in a bad mood. (damn lonely female emotional bullcrap) LOL, It's warming up. we had a little snow on the Superstition mountains behind my house one day but it didn't last long. I could wear shorts outside if I wanted to.

Yeah one of these days my baby will be beautiful again.

Hooptie

I've had a serious jones for a red over black capri for a long time.

I wasn't sold on the no air dam thing at first, but now I love it with great vigor.

It was all black (except the seats, striping, gold trimmed wheels, and grill) and beautiful. Love at first sight! A couple of years later bought a maroon 85GT. Sitting side by side the Capri just looks faster and meaner. The Stangs look more girly. Notice, I still have the Capri and not the stang.

Hooptie

Oh, and I also enjoy telling people I drive a Canadian Mustang.

They get REALLY confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooptie View Post
    Oh, and I also enjoy telling people I drive a Canadian Mustang.

They get REALLY confused.
    lol i love that tell them u had to replace the seats beacuse the last owners pet beaver ripped them up
    83 capri , 9`S on 17" 2003 cobra and DOT m/t radials and 91octane 408w "Blacky "
    86 capri "Red" 13`s @ 108mph with street tires and 2.73 gears ...SOLD 2013... sad day
    93 mustang stretch wheel base 600cid with a lil juice. 7.48@190 mph
    61 ranchero ...SOON to be my mona lisa
    62 falcon rb20det swap
    88 merkur xr4ti 2.3T T-5
    86 merkur xr4ti 2.3t t-9

Quote Originally Posted by Hooptie View Post
    I've had a serious jones for a red over black capri for a long time.

I wasn't sold on the no air dam thing at first, but now I love it with great vigor.

Oh dear god. lmfao, in your sig you spelled Capri "Crapi".

*dies laughing*

Sorry for potentially derailing. I just really felt the need to point that out.

My favorite question & answer; "What body kit did you put on your Mustang?".... "Mercury's". That always confuses them!!
    Dave
    1985 Mercury Capri RS - '02 Sonic Blue -PROJECT
    1985 Ford LTD LX - Grey 5 SPD/8.8 3:73

1987 Oldsmobile Cutlass (442 clone) - Grey SOLD
    1980 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Brougham T-top - W/'69 350 ROCKET/T350 - White SOLD
    1978 Pontiac Trans Am - Martinique Blue SOLD

Hooptie

We've capped them Crapis since my brother brought home his first 85.

I used to get the "what bodykit" question with the SVO. I just told the its a FoMoCo kit.

The first time I ever saw a Capri, was when I saw my black 80. A friend of ous had it. I remember falling into the trap, and calling it a Mustang. Got the usual, what Mustang? I dont own a Mustang. My now husband ended up buying it for me, I think we paid like 80 bucks for it. Had a wore out older 302 in it, and a broke 4 speed. Did a ton of work to it, then bought my 83 RS. I just love these cars so much! I am addicted to the different thing. You dont see very many Capri's around here (like none, and when you do see them, the poor things are in such sad shape). I love peoples reactions to my cars. But I can't help to be totally shocked when someone actually knows what it is. Best response to my car..."What the hell is that!" I love it!
    "Swaddled in a silent, climate-controlled cocoon of leather, modern drivers are subjected to what could only be charitably called a rubber room."

-1983 RS Capri:302,demon,blower,baer,svo,3:73,viper 6 spd,Trickflow,Eibach,BBK,borla, msd,autometer,ect.
    -1980 RS Capri: $300 junkyard find, aka: Project Resurection
    -1995 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC: Daily Driver
    -2007 GT: alloy metallic, 4.6, motorsport 2.3 supercharger, 3:73 gears, 20" shelby wheels, borla exhaust, cervinis functional ram air hood, side scoops, dyno 475 to the wheels.

Why did you buy a Capri instead of a Mustang?
    why not?
    -John-

79 Mercury Capri RS: 5.0L 5 speed swap
    83 Mustang GT: 5.0L 5 Speed
    83 Mustang GT T-Top: 5.0L 5 Speed
    84 Mustang L: 2.3L 4 Speed
    85 LTD Wagon: 358W 5 speed swap
    87 Mustang LX: 5.0L 5 speed swap

FEP Super Member

Quote Originally Posted by capri650 View Post
    Why buy a mustang and not a camaro!!
    You want to drive something that is different from everybody else
    What are you trying to say?

kyle
    Also, do not be so quick to judge someone's comments as being derogatory. It is often difficult to interpret someone's intentions having only text and no body language or tone of voice to guide you.
    "If road racing where easy it would be called drag racing"
    1986 Thunderbird 5.0/AOD

FEP Member

I believe if I spoted one just like the one pictured on "79rsx5.0" avitar, I'd buy my first Mercury. That there just trips my trigger...
    01 F250 Lariat SC 4x4 and it's paid for. Still loving the V10

Default Since 1985/86....always a CAPRI at hand.

Quote Originally Posted by boss82gt View Post
    I believe if I spoted one just like the one pictured on "79rsx5.0" avitar, I'd buy my first Mercury. That there just trips my trigger...

boss82gt, THANK YOU!! Looks old school bad*** inside as well!
    '79 Capri Drag/Street car 289 w/Pro street air scoop & 2" COG belt 130 Amp/Alt Alum Rad W/ Elec fan B&M Supercooler w/fan 3800 stall aod Alum driveshaft 4.11 Rear seat Delete Welded Rollcage/Subs/Upper & Lower Battle boxes Southside lower/adjust Uppers ALL Poly mounts 275/15 drag radials Silver w/ Black interior 4" Cowl hood Old school Centerlines

'79 Capri RS 302 4sp Original TRX/Louvers/Dobi plate Dove Gray w/ Black interior

'82 Capri Straight 6 auto Original Yellow (Now black) w/ Tan interior

FEP Member

Quote Originally Posted by 79rsx5.0

boss82gt, THANK YOU!! Looks old school bad*** inside as well!
    Your welcome. It isn't too over the top for me, I like the colors and it looks tough. It just caught my eye.
    01 F250 Lariat SC 4x4 and it's paid for. Still loving the V10

Easy boy, we have allready laid a great deal of guilt on her. But I also tried to make up for it with some motivation, like this....

And no I'm not forgetting the bubble backs either!

I like many others, bought my capri because it was different, and because it looks mean/bad ass.

It'll be really something when I get 300hp under the hood!
    If you blink at the end of the straight away you'll miss the twisties and what fun would that be!
    1982 Capri RS 5.0L
    Suspension Build http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...tion-and-Build
    1985 SVO 2A & leather. Stolen & Destroyed 2022
    Motor Build http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthread.php?t=63505
    Dyno stats and exhaust install http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...Dyno-d-finally
    My FMIC build http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...-amp-D-project
    Electronic boost controller and bypass valve
    http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...d-Bypass-Valve
    Opperation SVO Tunes http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...51#post1148551

FEP Supporter

North of Seattle, near the "Four-Eye-Field-of-Dreams"

When I worked in the Ford dealership, and the 79 Mustang / Capri came out, it took a while to warm up to them. Then I got into a stang with a 302 in it and I was sold. Called my insurance agent for a quote, and had a heart attack !! Moped around for a few weeks untill a Capri came through with a 302 and 4 speed and some kind of special "TRX" suspension on it. Another test ride and I said " insurance rates be damned, I need this car. Called the insurance company again and to my suprise, the Capri was $700 a year LESS. Grabbed the brochure and a note pad and placed my order. April 1st, 1979, turned the key for the first time on my birthday present to myself and it's been with me ever since.

The other reason is the Capri always fits in with the crowd, like this:

Arn't they purdy ??

Neil
    Check out the Northwest "4-Eye" BBQ here >>> WWW.NWFOUREYEBBQ.COM

foureyebbq@hotmail.com (to be put on the BBQ list )

Lots of pics of my ride for your viewing pleasure....
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2052657/1

Yes they are, great picture.
    Scott,

Boerne, Texas

SOLD- "Fair Winds and Following Seas" old girl.....1986 Capri 5.0L, 5 spd Silver/Charcoal Grey
    Thanks Ed for taking good care of the '86 Capri.

2005 Mustang GT, Mineral Grey
    2020 Mustang GT, Velocity Blue

Quote Originally Posted by WHTLTHR79RS View Post
    When I worked in the Ford dealership, and the 79 Mustang / Capri came out, it took a while to warm up to them. Then I got into a stang with a 302 in it and I was sold. Called my insurance agent for a quote, and had a heart attack !! Moped around for a few weeks untill a Capri came through with a 302 and 4 speed and some kind of special "TRX" suspension on it. Another test ride and I said " insurance rates be damned, I need this car. Called the insurance company again and to my suprise, the Capri was $700 a year LESS. Grabbed the brochure and a note pad and placed my order. April 1st, 1979, turned the key for the first time on my birthday present to myself and it's been with me ever since.

The other reason is the Capri always fits in with the crowd, like this:

Arn't they purdy ??

Neil
    Neil, I wish you guys weren't so far away!!! I would love to show up for your BBQ!!! Hopefully we can get as many Four Eyes out for WFC!! I know Loco (Sabrina) has been working on it, I'm personally bringing a BUNCH of stangs...but I'm still the only Four Eye .
    Dave

1980 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Brougham T-top - W/'69 350 ROCKET/T350 - White SOLD

FEP Supporter

North of Seattle, near the "Four-Eye-Field-of-Dreams"

Dave, a couple of months after the group picture was taken, I found another Capri owner that worked in the beige building in the background, and he had a friend that had a mustang with the racoon eyes...they just pop up everywhere. Found another Mustang GT owner 5 blocks from my house 2 days ago...

Pacific Northwest.."the 4 eye capitol of the world"

Hi Sabrina......

Neil
    Check out the Northwest "4-Eye" BBQ here >>> WWW.NWFOUREYEBBQ.COM

foureyebbq@hotmail.com (to be put on the BBQ list )

Lots of pics of my ride for your viewing pleasure....
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2052657/1

I'm starting to think maybe movin out that way wouldn't be a bad thing!! I've been out there several times (used to have family out there) and ideally want to retire to the Whistler area, although I would settle for Vancouver as well!!! I remember all the older cars in my travels out there as well.

Sabrina's off line for a couple of days at least....phone, hence dial up problems. Long story, I'll let her explain...if she feel like it. I've been talking to her via her cell phone. She's looking to sell her 80?? Capri, the black one...asking $2200.00 which I think is a steel for anyone interested.
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by SchoolBoy View Post
    Easy boy, we have allready laid a great deal of guilt on her. But I also tried to make up for it with some motivation, like this....

And no I'm not forgetting the bubble backs either!

I like many others, bought my capri because it was different, and because it looks mean/bad ass.

It'll be really something when I get 300hp under the hood!
    Yes, thank you and I will be going for the look of the red one up top. Only Twilight blue. Or black.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast