Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default WHY BUY A CAPRI???

Why did you buy a Capri instead of a Mustang?
    OLD GUY CAR NUT

Why buy a mustang and not a camaro!!
    You want to drive something that is different from everybody else
    86 Capri 5.0
    86 F150 stepside
    85 crewcab stepside project
    66 VW Bug
    73 Dune Buggy

It was there, in my price range, and I was looking for a 5.0 of some persuasion.
    87 Soarer//1jzgte//r154//bw 83-75

father had one when i was about 3 years old that he put a 429 scj motor in , He would take me for rides in it and i would just giggle the whole time i still remeber riding in it before he sold it . I cried for hours when i seen the guy drive it away ...... That was my first taste of the capri always wanted one since and now i have three funny how it works hey ?
    Then now everyone thinks its a mustang till they take a double take and they love the lines of the cars
    83 capri , 9`S on 17" 2003 cobra and DOT m/t radials and 91octane 408w "Blacky "
    86 capri "Red" 13`s @ 108mph with street tires and 2.73 gears ...SOLD 2013... sad day
    93 mustang stretch wheel base 600cid with a lil juice. 7.48@190 mph
    61 ranchero ...SOON to be my mona lisa
    62 falcon rb20det swap
    88 merkur xr4ti 2.3T T-5
    86 merkur xr4ti 2.3t t-9

I have always believe that the Capris are betting looking cars than the Mustangs. The only exception is the 1982 Mustang GT, which tops them all.
    Robert

1986 ascMcLaren SC 5.0 -red
    1985 Capri GS (w/ 5.0) - red
    1985 Capri 5.0L - black
    1984 ascMcLaren SC 5.0 - white
    1984 Capri GS (w/ 5.0) - white
    1983 Capri RS Crimson Cat - red
    1982 Capri RS Black Magic - white
    1982 Cougar wagon
    1982 Mustang GT - red

Neither here nor there

I love that there is none around....love the nose, the fender and the bulbous azz. Although I have a mustang too....If I had to give up one. Stang gets the boot!

I bought mine because it wasn't a Mustang. Where I live you can throw a rock and hit 3 mustangs in any parking lot. The Capri is definatly different. Plus there are only a few people around here that even know what it is.

Default MERCS RULE.....

When I got my 79 CAPRI RS I was really looking for a MUSTANG GT but I saw this bada** looking car and I thought it was a STANG! It was dark unlite street but the car looked great and ran even better! I told the guy I would take it and I would be back tommorow to buy it.The next day I realized it wasn't a STANG but a CAPRI.......It looked so cool I took it anyway, THAT was 1986 and I still own and drive that car plus 2 more 79/82 MERCURY CAPRI'S!!!!

CAPRI'S ....the sexy ones!!!!!!!!!
    '79 Capri Drag/Street car 289 w/Pro street air scoop & 2" COG belt 130 Amp/Alt Alum Rad W/ Elec fan B&M Supercooler w/fan 3800 stall aod Alum driveshaft 4.11 Rear seat Delete Welded Rollcage/Subs/Upper & Lower Battle boxes Southside lower/adjust Uppers ALL Poly mounts 275/15 drag radials Silver w/ Black interior 4" Cowl hood Old school Centerlines

'79 Capri RS 302 4sp Original TRX/Louvers/Dobi plate Dove Gray w/ Black interior

'82 Capri Straight 6 auto Original Yellow (Now black) w/ Tan interior

SleeperGT

When I had my Capri, I liked it because it had styling that I felt was more muscle car than my Mustang. Blunt front end, flared wheel wells and the "thumbnail" hoodscoop. It was total badass.

If you have to ask why, you wouldn't understand.

David
    82 Tan Mustang Coupe with 5.0 5 speed(For Sale)
    85 Black Saleen Mustang 85-99
    85 ASC McLaren Coupe
    86 ASC McLaren EuroCoupe

Coming Soon: Red 84 1/2 GT Convertible

Quote Originally Posted by svt1996cobra View Post
    If you have to ask why, you wouldn't understand.

David
    Actually I do understand. I only asked the question to wake up the Capri board during this long stretch of winter( i have 5 feet of snow on my front lawn...kids off school 4 days this week due to snow conditions...rather depressing)

I bought my '83 Capri RS because I love to be a bit different ( '73Lotus Europa Special, '27 replica Bugatti 35B, '52 M38CDN Military Willys Jeep, '59 Austin Heally Big Eye Sprite, etc. etc. etc.) ...eccentric maybe?...I call it happy mid life.

I believe I own the best Capri RS in Canada.
    OLD GUY CAR NUT

it was $75
    1980 Mustang Ghia 3.3 4spd

Quote Originally Posted by 429bigblock View Post
    it was $75
    American dollar sure is worth more than ours!
    OLD GUY CAR NUT

I actually started in 1977 with a 1973 Mercury Capri( Euro import), 2.0 liter automatic, British racing green with tan interior. Along the way picked up a 1976 and a '77 Mercury Capri (I have owned 3- '77s) (2.3 liter and 2.8 v-6 liter) I drove the '76 until I bought my '86 Capri 5.0. I like the design and as stated by many they are rare. Not to mention fun to drive, I took mine many times across country to San Diego and it was a dream to drive.

Now I have 2005 Mustang GT and if Mercury would have created a 2005 Capri I would have been in a spot to decide which one buy. My daughters(ages 4 and 7) love the '05 Mustang GT though.

I still have my '86 Capri 5.0. She is resting for now.

Later,
    Scott,

Boerne, Texas

SOLD- "Fair Winds and Following Seas" old girl.....1986 Capri 5.0L, 5 spd Silver/Charcoal Grey
    Thanks Ed for taking good care of the '86 Capri.

2005 Mustang GT, Mineral Grey
    2020 Mustang GT, Velocity Blue

Quote Originally Posted by Scottsat View Post

Now I have 2005 Mustang GT
    NICE!!!!!!!
    OLD GUY CAR NUT

My X bought one years ago. Then he defiled it by doing that whole Mustang conversion thing. I still have it and hope someday to turn it back into what it should be. A Capri. It's an '80 but it looks like an '87 - '93. It's going to take alot to convert it back. He changed EVERYTHING. Motor, wiring, suspension, interior, EVERYTHING.

Le sad...

Le cry...

On the bright side, it still runs and I drive it at least once a week.
    1980 Mercury Capri. 5.0 Operation "Face Off"

Because I liked the McLaren Capris better than the McLaren Mustangs.
    2017 Lincoln MKZ AWD
    2003 Town Car
    2017 GTI
    Currently Foxless

Quote Originally Posted by '80Capri5.0 View Post
    My X bought one years ago. Then he defiled it by doing that whole Mustang conversion thing. I still have it and hope someday to turn it back into what it should be. A Capri. It's an '80 but it looks like an '87 - '93. It's going to take alot to convert it back. He changed EVERYTHING. Motor, wiring, suspension, interior, EVERYTHING.

Le sad...

Le cry...

On the bright side, it still runs and I drive it at least once a week.
    I don't get the whole conversion thing...if you want your car to be something else then sell it and buy what you really want...but i am just a stock-look kinda guy.
    OLD GUY CAR NUT

My 79' RS was my first car it came from Lake City TN. My bro and his friend where out street racing in his 84' black GT dub MEAN 84 . Needles to say they got smoked by the capri called POKEY..and it still had the SROD.A year or two later my bro had the chance to buy Pokey for the sum of 600$.He installed a slush box AOD and to Caf. they went. Well to make a long story short I was 15 When MR.Capri came in to my life.Three eng. later one T-5 and 2 8.8's .The Lil'REd Monster now sports a 306s that spins 8 grand.And runs 11.0s down the 1320..Now I'am 29 and own three . 79RS,80RS,82RS.

PS:Thats all ass no gas......

SleeperGT

I hate you guys.

In the most positive way possible of course. Now, all I'm droolin over is the mental picture of my dream capri. I'll have to start the hunt for a good 80-82 Capri sometime after I start my apprenticeship. One that was better off than the one I had.
    Last edited by SleeperGT; 02-09-2007 at 11:45 PM.

fox Capris are the only way 2 go ... I dont own a 4 eyed fox .I have a capri because its a CAPRI not a dam Mustang .... Mustangs are like belly buttons every one has one.. GETUSUM ..

GOOD CHEVYS ARE LIKE CHICKEN LIPS ......THERE IS NO SUCH THING......

I'am A true ford fan I"ve never own a chevy .... THEY SUX .... It takes a 350cid to keep up with a 302...

Was looking for a mustang but found this... I'm happy I didn't get a mustang

86 Capri GS - 302 swapped in

GOOD CHEVYS ARE AS COMMON AS CHCKIN LIPS ...... THERE IS NO SUCH THING......FORDS THE BEST **** THE REST,.........

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast