Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

took the a/c compressor off today (wasn't even hooked up) and I won't have room for an intercooler with that condensor in front of the rad with my trans cooler up there too. Put on a Trickflow a/c delete kit, got power steering hooked up (Thank GOD) lol. Also got my DC Controller fan controller hooked up so I won't melt my motor. Also got my reverse glow gauges hooked up and working properly.

Tomorrow I hope to get some of the other guages hooked up (fuel press/ oil press, water temp and trans temp)
    ~~~Project Granny Sled~~~
    ~~~4 doors and some hurt feelings~~~
    79 Ford Fairmont with ALOT of mustang parts

Last w/e I installed the trans temp gauge (runs between 150-175*), Biggest plate cooler that LONG makes (I think) and -06 to/from trans, also installed (sortof) LOL Phantom boost/vac gauge and Phantom water temp gauge. It had been running on the warm side so I replaced the stat and had to move the fan a bit so it sits completely flush on the radiator and installed the DC Controller fan controller as well. Also removed a/c compressor and installed trickflow a/c delete kit. Pics to come as soon as I can track down my dang batteries....my son and his cordless Xbox 360 controller...

FEP Senior Member quarterstang86's Avatar

More pics dude, probably the coolest 4'dowe (4 door) I've seen yet. There's a tan one near my work but white is awesome and probably the only way I'd have a 4 door.
    - Richard

FEP Senior Member

Brad was just here this afternoon and we had a good chat. Super nice car. nice guy with a really tricked out 4 dr.
    Will Rogers" common sense is not as common as you think"

Made it back home just fine....I def. need to get another radiator....started to get upwards of 200* by the time I got home and was heatsoaking the trans cooler as well. Great to meet you Jim and drool over all the cool stuff in your shop. BTW, I just got done reading that long "lizardskin" thread over on hotrodders.com I will DEFINETELY be doing that before I put the new carpet in....

Brad

FEP Senior Member

micro baloons and latex paint. wow, what it will do.

FEP Senior Member

car looks and sounds great.

SLP007

thats awesome!

Lots of updates. I can't believe all of my pics are gone. But since the last update I have installed some generic "lizardskin" in the entire floorboard of the mont, put in new black ACC carpet (ebay, 125 shipped), wired everything for the stereo (MB quarts, mid, tweets, no room for woofers in the doors right now), x-overs under the front seat, 2 gauge wire all the way back to the trunk for the amps. In addition, the mont is getting a new breath of life to it....in the form of a stage 3 Ponydown Performance turbo kit!!!!! The headers are bolted up, intercooler is bolted in and I'm in the process of procuring some other parts that are going to be needed, misc stuff. I'll get some pics when I can.

Brad

Quote Originally Posted by ncontt View Post
    Lots of updates. I can't believe all of my pics are gone. But since the last update I have installed some generic "lizardskin" in the entire floorboard of the mont, put in new black ACC carpet (ebay, 125 shipped), wired everything for the stereo (MB quarts, mid, tweets, no room for woofers in the doors right now), x-overs under the front seat, 2 gauge wire all the way back to the trunk for the amps. In addition, the mont is getting a new breath of life to it....in the form of a stage 3 Ponydown Performance turbo kit!!!!! The headers are bolted up, intercooler is bolted in and I'm in the process of procuring some other parts that are going to be needed, misc stuff. I'll get some pics when I can.

Brad
    No updates of any real proportions. I have installed new Trickflow valve covers and started some of the transformation to the land of TURBO . I repainted/polished an old set of Aeromotive fuel rails that I had, used to be crappy red, now are black with polished "fins". Also installed for now are a set of FRRP 42# injectors. I need to get a meter to go with them and I need to either get another turbo or have a little milling done to the downpipe flange of the turbo I have now (GT4082).

I'm waiting for a buddy to get his powdercoating rig up and running and then I'll see about getting the Cobra upper coated and get the new Cobra "plate" on top of it. Fuel wise I need to either put the intank pickup in and get a couple of inline walbros OR just get a T-rex or something similar to go with the 255 intank I have already. I have the stock mustang supply/return lines installed on it now BUT I have Aeroquip 06/08 return/supply PUSHLOK line that I could use (just need some misc. fittings)

I have gotten the bug to work on it again.....

well, I updated some of the pics...still looking for some others. Will update as I find them

Quote Originally Posted by 48fordnut View Post
    micro baloons and latex paint. wow, what it will do.
    For those of you who have never heard of "micro balloons" here is a LENGTHY thread on Hotrodders.com (~14 pages) it is a very good/enlightening read
    Lizard Skin alternative

Here ya go Jim, don't know if I ever sent you the pictures of when I did it last summer....
    Primed up with Zinser primer in front

primed up with Zinser primer in back

bag of "microballoons" from aircraft supply store (>$20 bucks shipped)

I used a gallon of "mistinted" (read: CHEAP exterior anti-skid deck paint!!! $7/gallon at local Lowe's

Looked like a "Frosty" when I got it all mixed up. Put several coats on the floorpans)

and front section
    Last edited by ncontt; 08-03-2009 at 03:42 PM.

FEP Senior Member quarterstang86's Avatar

Keep up the work Brad! I need to come see that thing in person one nice afternoon.
    - Richard

Thanks Richard, It's been slow going here lately as we just moved about a month ago. We're a bit closer to ATL now (just south of Griffin). I need to get it back mobile as it drives me crazy to walk outside and see it just sitting!!!! I think I got most of the links back working, and added some more so most of the posts from before should have pictures with them.

Brad

dude i hate to be a dick but that looks like ****, why did yo do that, there must be something im missing out on

why did I do what?....

if you're referring to the "generic lizard skin"....it's a sound/vibration/temp deadner...and it's UNDER the carpet....who in their right mind is EVER going to see it....or even CARE that that was done...perhaps you can tell...or maybe not, this isn't a Palm Beach CONCOURSE car....to each their own....

Quote Originally Posted by ncontt View Post
    if you're referring to the "generic lizard skin"....it's a sound/vibration/temp deadner...and it's UNDER the carpet....who in their right mind is EVER going to see it....or even CARE that that was done...perhaps you can tell...or maybe not, this isn't a Palm Beach CONCOURSE car....to each their own....
    ok, its a sound barrier, i get it. i knew you had a purpose for painting the floor like that. no harm no foul

haha, no problem...I was like HUH??? long day out in the sun yesterday...."as you were soldier"...lol

So you bought a turbo kit almost installed it then you lost interest?

so whatever happened to this car. No updates or anything. anyone know anything of this car or how its running?
    "Never Trust a Bunny!"

The Great Sir Twitch

MERCURYS is what I'm bout. MERCURY CrAzY

any ideas what happened to this car????????
    "Never Trust a Bunny!"

The Great Sir Twitch

MERCURYS is what I'm bout. MERCURY CrAzY

What happened? It's like reading a book and finding the last page is missing.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234