Close

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Your pictures still amaze me! The level of detail to the paint, assembley and craftsmanship you are putting into this Capri are beyond my wildest dreams.
    1984 Capri RS 5.0 (deceased)
    1994 F-150
    2001 Mustang Bullitt
    2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser (son's ride)
    2008 Mazda Tribute

looks very good
    86 GT vert - Bright Red/Grey Black top
    89 GT hatch - Bright Regatta Blue/Grey
    90 5.0 vert - Light Titanium/Red No top
    90 GT vert - Light Titanium/Black Black top
    91 5.0 notch - Medium Titanium/Black (wife)
    91 5.0 notch - White/Red soon to be black int

Thank you for the comments guys, I just hope it's not because I complained of the inactivity this thread has been getting lately. If there is sincere interest in what I'm doing, then I'll continue with the updates... but it still makes me why I have to draw attention to this thread by posting another thread.
    '86 Capri 5.0, black with charcoal interior, 5 spd, fully restored, mildly modded.

'86 Capri 5.0, white with black interior, C4, rotisserie restored, heavily modded.

Quote Originally Posted by capri debris View Post
    Thank you for the comments guys, I just hope it's not because I complained of the inactivity this thread has been getting lately. If there is sincere interest in what I'm doing, then I'll continue with the updates... but it still makes me why I have to draw attention to this thread by posting another thread.
    I'm just very busy.
    86 GT vert - Bright Red/Grey Black top
    89 GT hatch - Bright Regatta Blue/Grey
    90 5.0 vert - Light Titanium/Red No top
    90 GT vert - Light Titanium/Black Black top
    91 5.0 notch - Medium Titanium/Black (wife)
    91 5.0 notch - White/Red soon to be black int

Ummm. I look almost everyday at what's been posted. Sometimes I am out of town and don't get to it. So in any case, I look at New Posts and seldom check out the other sections by title.

Keep up the posting of your progress. I for now, am religated to just watching.
    1984 Capri RS 5.0 (deceased)
    1994 F-150
    2001 Mustang Bullitt
    2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser (son's ride)
    2008 Mazda Tribute

FEP Supporter

North of Seattle, near the "Four-Eye-Field-of-Dreams"

Mr. Debris, I have subscribed to your thread from day one, remember when I asked why you did the paint before the mechanical work ?? I get an e-mail every time you post, and I view your work everytime. I appreceate your efforts, and I feel you have really put your heart into your work, and have inspired others to do something with their cars...what more could you want ? Being a "teacher" is mostly a thankless job, I guess you are learning that now. I have also let you off the hook a couple of times during the build...seeing things that you have done, but biting my tounge at the time, until I saw the engine hoist arm upside down, that was a safety thing. I don't post a reply every time I view your thread, but I do value your efforts and time to report back to us. And have you seen how many re-build threads are going on here ? My own Capri will come apart in 4 weeks for some interior touchups, and I will post about it, but I really don't expect a lot of replies. I do actually believe that this site is about preserving the 79 to 86 year Fox's, and that is one of the reasons that I work my butt off to hold an annual event just for the 4-eyes, most of it out of my own pocket, no less. Take a day or two and think about it, I can understand you being upset about the items you mentioned, but let me cast my vote for you to keep posting till you are finished with the car.

Neil
    Check out the Northwest "4-Eye" BBQ here >>> WWW.NWFOUREYEBBQ.COM

foureyebbq@hotmail.com (to be put on the BBQ list )

Lots of pics of my ride for your viewing pleasure....
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2052657/1

ALl that work did(to those who thinks they couldn't) just takes dedication to follow through. When I start mine Ill probally keep my car at a storage rental place cause I dont have anywhere to keep it. Everytime I look at someones build up I get ideas for my stang. I wish there where a place you can keep your car while you build it like in the movie Christine. I plan on racing mine for fun on the side, and putin it in shows so Im paintin almost everything. Otherwise ever think about how much wieght paint adds to a car? i want a Capri for my g/f and it will be built up just like mine except for it'll be an AOD and probablly she'll want it purple, So I figure an old MOPAR purple like on the Cuda's and Challengers. PLum crazy purple lol! Did you color match the grille, headlight buckets and ect.?

I have a high interest in what your doing, I check out this thread every time you post. I love what your doing, keep doing it! Like the others have said, we may not post sometimes but we are always watching!
    -Kal
    "One man can make a difference." -Wilton Knight
    84 Mustang T-Top
    THE WRAITH

Women are like cars, sometimes you find one you fall in love with, and sometimes you end up with a lemon.

hey great build.
    1979 capri, a mess, 86 efi

Can't believe I have never seen this thread, awesome build.
    - Scott -
    • PAST CARS
    • 84 Capri
    • 96 SHO
    • 88 Mustang GT
    • 87 Mustang GT
    • 79 Capri -351W
    • 79 Mustang

New User

This thread is like good sex...."don't stop!"
    1986 Ford Mustang GT, 5speed, Reef Blue, Best E.T. 13.50@105.7mph
    1986 Mercury Capri 5.0, 5 speed; Oxford White, Best E.T.13.60@104.7mph
    1985 Mercury Capri 5.0, 5 speed; Gray,My First Carbed 5.0!!!
    "Keep it under a 100"

Saw your post on the Capri completion that referenced this thread, incredible job BTW.
    Did have a question on whose rear control arms those are? Wasn't sure to post it here or your newer thread.

Time to do the rear suspension.

New upper and lower control arms.

Got them bolted to the torque boxes.

Getting the rear axle assembly into place with the tranny jack.

Got the prings in place and the rear bolted up.

Got the main shocks on.

Quad shocks are bolted in.

86 Capri, 5.0, 5Spd, A9L QH/BE, 47 lb Inj PMAS 3" MAF, Single T44 Turbo, Front Mount IC, TW170,
    Stock Cam, Explr Intake/TB, 1.7 Rockers, CF dual friction clutch, 3" DP, 2.5" full Exh, 3.27, 11.932 @ 115.78
    84 LTD, 331-10:1, TW170/Exprl Intake, 47 lbs inj/80 mm LMAF, Full Duals, Quarterhorse, Vortech 7PSI, Lentech AOD, 5 lug Mk VII brakes/rear, Eibach Sway bars, Cobra HB (dads ride, but I fix it )

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567