Close

86 50CPRI

Default does this site have a timer?

It seems every time I take the time to write a response to a thread,the site times me out,WON'T post my response,AND I need to sign in again.While not saving my response,making me retype everything....UGHHH

Pete

Well if you write a long post or responce, copy it so if you are timed out you can paste it and post. I have never been timed out on this site. Others though many times and what you are going through sucks bad. Makes you want to pick up the computer moniter and throw it through a window.
    1985 Mercury Capri 5.0L
    51,000 original miles
    FR500's & cobra brakes
    Motor mods ect.ect.

That might have something to do with your computer. I dont think I have ever signed out of this site since I first joined.
    '79 Indy pace car T-top
    '81 Cobra
    '81 Cobra T-top
    '82 Mustang GT T-top
    '87 Corvette
    '10 Mustang GT Convertible
    '17 F250
    '17 Landrover Discovery Sport

I never sign out either. At school where I dont stay signed in, I always have to think about my password since i never use it at home

-Tim-
    1981 Ghia Hatchback. 3.3L - 3 Sped Automatic (Sold and missed dearly)

1992 Dodge Shadow ES 3.0L - 4 speed automatic (Having issues and locked in the garage)

2004 Saturn Ion3 Quad Coupe 2.2L - 5 speed manual - New daily driver

86 50CPRI

quickcapri..I thought about the copy and paste thing just right after the last time it happened!
    Pete

Do you check the "Remember me?" box next to your username before you click the Log In button?

FEP Super Member anthonydalrymple's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FoxChassis View Post
    Do you check the "Remember me?" box next to your username before you click the Log In button?
    I think that is indeed the key..... I never have this problem with my registered "home" computer. But while at "ahem".... Work, I do run into this problem...
    '89 5.0 5-speed 'vert, seeing rust for the 1st time in it's life as well as 4,500+ elevation....

The only time ive ever been signed out is when ive had to restart my comp.

I have tried all the things above...to no avail. When I end up typing alot on a post now, & it comes up with the screen to sign in, I sign in on the screen (NOT back up at the top) & my post shows up just fine.

Cant believe its not been mentioned. The ONLY reason you time out is because your having problems with cookies. Turn them on or adjust your security settings. If that does not work then change your browser because that one needs a patch or something. Also since it is a work if you have a network etc... then your network manager could have disabled certain cookies to prevent malicious ones taking down the entire network.
    The economic times suck... GREAT TIME FOR BUYING FOXES!!!

86 T-TOP RS, 32,000 Miles, near mint ONLY 320.00USD...

86 50CPRI

I will check the settings,but I don't have a problem on any other sites