Close

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

I've been struggling to get the rear Fox axle lines to connect with the 94 GT hoses I bought for the rear calipers. The original threaded male connectors on the Fox hard lines seem just smaller diameter than the 94 GT female threaded connection. The original post doesn't mention needing adaptors, but I see that LMR offers conversion steel lines for $70 (drum to disc conversion on an 8.. Is there an adaptor needed to make them work together, or should I just order up some new lines and move on?

Quote Originally Posted by Basin Motorsports View Post
    I've been struggling to get the rear Fox axle lines to connect with the 94 GT hoses I bought for the rear calipers. The original threaded male connectors on the Fox hard lines seem just smaller diameter than the 94 GT female threaded connection. The original post doesn't mention needing adaptors, but I see that LMR offers conversion steel lines for $70 (drum to disc conversion on an 8.. Is there an adaptor needed to make them work together, or should I just order up some new lines and move on?
    When I did mine, I cut the stock hairline connectors off, and took them along with a small section of the hairline and the new hose down to the parts store. The correct fittings only cost a few bucks and you can rent the flair tool for free. Easy, cheap, and no adaptors to mess with.
    If I were to degrease my car, i'd have nothing....

Default What I did

Double post
    If I were to degrease my car, i'd have nothing....

Jack Hidley
    Maximum Motorsports Tech Support

I just bought this kit: http://www.maximummotorsports.com/MM...ear-P1438.aspx

No headaches.
    Last edited by banzaibullitt; 06-08-2018 at 04:10 PM.
    Project "WinBacK" 1986 LX Hatchback
    - CA car, 5.0 w/5 speed
    - Cobra 17x8.5's + Modded Mach1 Chin Spoiler + 83-84 Hood & Scoop/85-86 "Blackout"+ FMS Mass Air Kit+ MM Clutch Cable & Quadrant + Fiore Cable Adjuster + MM SFC's+ Wild Rides "Battle Boxes" + Explorer Intake, Converted TB & Injectors, 70 mm Mass Air Meter + BBK Ceramic Shorties + 2.5" Bassani O/R X-Pipe & Cat-Back Exhaust w/ 3" Tips + 3L27 w/ Carbon Fiber Clutches​(out of retirement) + Pistol Grip Shifter + 99-04 GT Front/00 Cobra Rear Disc Brakes

Quote Originally Posted by banzaibullitt View Post
    I just bought this kit: http://www.maximummotorsports.com/MM...ear-P1438.aspx

No headaches.
    +1 on this kit, it was easy day with it! Although, the center hose on top of the bracket that mounts to the rear axle was kinda a PITA to get the old one off the top of the bracket and install the new one from the MM kit.
    '86 Mustang GT T-Top, well... I got the subframes primed and painted now.
    '96 Mustang Cobra 302rwhp 296rwtq, Sold and missed
    '11 Mustang GT/CS, Traded and will be missed
    '13 Taurus SHO, Performance Pack, Windstorm CAI, 160* t-stat, 3 bar BAP, Livernois V10 tune

I used a Dremel tool to remove mine from the center axle bracket.
    Project "WinBacK" 1986 LX Hatchback
    - CA car, 5.0 w/5 speed
    - Cobra 17x8.5's + Modded Mach1 Chin Spoiler + 83-84 Hood & Scoop/85-86 "Blackout"+ FMS Mass Air Kit+ MM Clutch Cable & Quadrant + Fiore Cable Adjuster + MM SFC's+ Wild Rides "Battle Boxes" + Explorer Intake, Converted TB & Injectors, 70 mm Mass Air Meter + BBK Ceramic Shorties + 2.5" Bassani O/R X-Pipe & Cat-Back Exhaust w/ 3" Tips + 3L27 w/ Carbon Fiber Clutches​(out of retirement) + Pistol Grip Shifter + 99-04 GT Front/00 Cobra Rear Disc Brakes

I bought an entire 95GT 8.8 for my car. The flex hose bolts right up to the 86 lines on the body.

I will eventually redo this 8.8 to fox width with Northern Racing brackets and Mosier axles with SN95 flanges. I have most of it bought but you know how that goes!

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718