Close

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

It attaches to the back side of the caliper bracket and the axle tube stopping the vibration of the caliper bracket from the dragging of the pads on the rotor. Pretty simple piece of equipment with a pretty price tag. Hers a pic http://www.performancepartsinc.com/images/antimoan.jpg I haven't received them yet.
    Last edited by dansmach; 03-26-2011 at 01:55 PM.
    1986 GT / 5 speed. 331 stroker, AFR 185 heads, E303, Scorpion 1.6 RR's, Trick Flow intake, 70mm TB & EGR spacer, 30 lbs injectors/MAF, Cold Air Intake, MSD Ignition, Ford Racing shorty headers, Flowmaster exhaust w/OR H-pipe, Mishimoto Aluminum Radiator, Black Majic electric fan, 3.73 gears, 17x9 Cobra R wheels, 255/40/17 Nitto 555 tires up front and 275/40/17 Nitto 555R out back. Hotchkis CC plates, Strange Adjustable shocks/struts, Cobra disc brakes, Ford Racing B springs

Quote Originally Posted by dansmach View Post
    It attaches to the back side of the caliper bracket and the axle tube stopping the vibration of the caliper bracket from the dragging of the pads on the rotor. Pretty simple piece of equipment with a pretty price tag. Hers a pic http://www.performancepartsinc.com/images/antimoan.jpg I haven't received them yet.
    Ok, thanks, now I have to spend some more money... just when I thought I was done! I guess it's best to be safe than to be sorry. For the price we spent for the NRC stuff you would think this would be included!

I went ahead and ordered these just to be safe.
    Last edited by NewSchool; 03-26-2011 at 06:47 PM.
    -Scott

2012 Hyundai Sonata 2.0t Limited[/COLOR][/B]

Both of you guys could have ordered this kit:

http://www.jegs.com/i/Ford%20Racing/...0002/-1?CT=999

It comes with the Cobra anti-moan brackets. You could have sold what you didnt need to get all or most of your money back.

Default Rear Parking Brake Brackets??

I'm looking for the set of springs to tie down the parking brake cables. The M-2300-k kit comes with these for this purpose. Does anyone know the part number or where I can get something similar. I think they connect to the stock control arms.

This is my issue: Parking Brake cable hitting wheel. How and where do I secure this properly. Keep in mind this is a convertible. See Pics.

Thanks!

Last edited by NewSchool; 04-19-2011 at 05:19 PM. Reason: Added images
    -Scott

There is factory bracket that the cable runs through and attaches to the lower control arm via one of the sway bar mounting bolts. This is a factory installed part on any '94-newer Mustang

Quote Originally Posted by mustangsandcamaros View Post
    There is factory bracket that the cable runs through and attaches to the lower control arm via one of the sway bar mounting bolts. This is a factory installed part on any '94-newer Mustang
    Is this the bracket you are referring to?
    http://www.dallasmustang.com/mustang...2004-REAR/1996

Last edited by NewSchool; 04-20-2011 at 10:20 AM. Reason: Added Image
    -Scott

That's the one.
    No matter where you go, there you are

Thanks guys. I just ordered these and I'm now done with the rear end.

Now I just need to complete the front!
    -Scott

Ok. What about running the 13 inch SN95 Cobra brakes up front and just a 5-lug conversion on the rear sticking with drums? The front brakes do 80% of the work anyway. Wonder what M/C and booster would provide good performance with this setup? Proportioning valve? It's still a disk/drum setup so I think it might be ok. Is this a middle of the road option that would improve braking a good bit over the stock Fox front stuff, allow you to use any wheel you wanted, provide easy installation and is affordable and quick or the dumbest idea anyone has ever had?

This is a street driven, and will never be auto crossed car.
    if it matters somehow it's an 84 GT with a complete 93 suspension including brakes, spindles, 8.8, struts etc.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by homer302 View Post
    Ok. What about running the 13 inch SN95 Cobra brakes up front and just a 5-lug conversion on the rear sticking with drums? The front brakes do 80% of the work anyway. Wonder what M/C and booster would provide good performance with this setup? Proportioning valve? It's still a disk/drum setup so I think it might be ok. Is this a middle of the road option that would improve braking a good bit over the stock Fox front stuff, allow you to use any wheel you wanted, provide easy installation and is affordable and quick or the dumbest idea anyone has ever had?

This is a street driven, and will never be auto crossed car.
    if it matters somehow it's an 84 GT with a complete 93 suspension including brakes, spindles, 8.8, struts etc.

Thanks
    A friend of mine did just this using the ranger axles in the rear. He ended up using the fox booster with the 93 Cobra M/C and left the P/V alone. Braking was dramatically improved. But, rear disc's will improve it that much more. A fast car means nothing if you can't slow it down. My thought is; if your going through the work to upgrade the axles, go all the way and do it right the first time. Just my 2 cents worth.
    1986 GT / 5 speed. 331 stroker, AFR 185 heads, E303, Scorpion 1.6 RR's, Trick Flow intake, 70mm TB & EGR spacer, 30 lbs injectors/MAF, Cold Air Intake, MSD Ignition, Ford Racing shorty headers, Flowmaster exhaust w/OR H-pipe, Mishimoto Aluminum Radiator, Black Majic electric fan, 3.73 gears, 17x9 Cobra R wheels, 255/40/17 Nitto 555 tires up front and 275/40/17 Nitto 555R out back. Hotchkis CC plates, Strange Adjustable shocks/struts, Cobra disc brakes, Ford Racing B springs

There is no chance I am beating on the strut tower of this car. NONE. I don't want disks that bad. I wonder why the SSBC kit does not come with a new booster though? It only has a MC. I tried to read through most of the thread but not every post. Seems like most people said swapping boosters was required.

Theres no need to beat on the strut tower. The stock fox booster works great with the 93 Cobra M/C. The pedal is firm but not hard. It's a perfect feel for me.

Theres no need to beat on the strut tower. The stock fox booster works great with the 93 Cobra M/C. The pedal is firm but not hard. It's a perfect feel for me.
    +2, I did not upgrade the booster either. I used a 94 Cobra M/C. Firm pedal but perfect feel.
    -Scott

I as well didn't do a booster swap. Have a 1 inch bore master cylinder(Lincoln) and "Cobra" fronts and GT/V6 rears. Pedal effort is "fine for me"
    No matter where you go, there you are

I LOVE my hydroboost, light pedal feel with good feedback, when i had a lady pull out in front of me, i stopped on a dime with no skid and w/o mashing on the pedal, and no worries about MC etc if i uprade to cobra brakes now
    No Longer a 4I Owner
    But Have way too much 4I stuff Collecting Dust.

hey i have a question i have to replace my rack and i have the sn-95 stuff in the front minus the a-arms and i was debating if i should get the 79-93 rack or the 94-04 rack? i haven't done much research about the racks so i thought i would ask
    Jordan

current:
    82' Mustang GL 10.21@71 MPH 1/8 mile
    2007 Ford F150 Supercrew (DD)
    1969 ford bronco half cab (Off Road Project)
    Past:
    00' focus
    85' mustang LX
    79' F-250

Sn-95 racks require a different connector to the steering shaft than the Fox bodies. You would have to use one of the hybrid steering shafts that has the Sn-95 connection at the rack end and the Fox connection at the steering column end.

Quote Originally Posted by kj_80Cobra View Post
    Sn-95 racks require a different connector to the steering shaft than the Fox bodies. You would have to use one of the hybrid steering shafts that has the Sn-95 connection at the rack end and the Fox connection at the steering column end.
    ah thanks for the info. next question. i have read in a couple different sites that you can use tarsus tie rod ends to decrease bump steer on cars with the sn-95 spindles
    Jordan

current:
    82' Mustang GL 10.21@71 MPH 1/8 mile
    2007 Ford F150 Supercrew (DD)
    1969 ford bronco half cab (Off Road Project)
    Past:
    00' focus
    85' mustang LX
    79' F-250

I used the '93 Taurus outer tie rods with my Sn-95 rack but not for bump steer reasons. Because the Sn-95 steering rack uses a metric thread on the inner and outer tie rods, you either have to swap out the Sn-95 inner tie rod for the Fox inner and outer tie rods or use the SN-95 inner tie rod with the Taurus outer tie rods.

I would read the last 10-12 posts of this thread:

http://forums.corral.net/forums/gene...-fox-body.html

It will help explain why you can't just throw a given reproduction tie rod on your car and know what the bumpsteer behavior will be.

The best bet when installing the SN95 steering rack is to only use the rack. Keep your Fox inner and outer tie rods on the car. Then there is no change in bumposteer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hidley View Post
    Keep your Fox inner and outer tie rods on the car. Then there is no change in bumpsteer.
    Not true, there are other factors besides inner and outer tie rods that affect bumpsteer.
    Lowered ride height, offset rack bushing, 94-95 spindles VS 96-04 spindle, control arm length, and Stock or tubular K-Member can affect bumpsteer. Depending on all these factors your best bet maybe to use, a proper and good quality bumpsteer kit rather than a taurus/sn95 or even fox/fox inner & outer setup.

For example i have a tubular K-member, Front Coilovers (ride height), offset rack bushing, fox length tubular A-Arms, 95 GT Spindles, fox length inner tie rods, and a MM bumpsteer kit. If i was to "Simply use the the fox outers" my bumpsteer would be so horrible the car would be a chore to drive, but be cause of all these other parts affecting suspension geometry I had to use a bumpsteer kit to achieve the proper goemetry to stop bumpsteer.

Now if everything was stock and you were only upgrading the rack to a SN95 rack, then yes it may be possible to just use the fox inner and outers or SN95 inners with taurus outers.
    No one with stock or near stock suspension geometry has shown the taurus outers, and sn95 inners to give Bumpsteer simply by using them instead of fox outers and inners.
    Last edited by theemustangman; 05-12-2011 at 06:50 AM.
    No Longer a 4I Owner

Mustangman,

Jordan was asking about installing another Fox rack versus an SN95 rack and the bumpsteer implications of the rack swap as it related to the outer tie rods.

That is why I told her that she could keep her Fox inner and outer tie rods. If she did that, there would be no change in bumpsteer behavior.

I was trying to keep the issue of the steering rack separate from the issue of the steering components which of course do affect bumpsteer because they change the geometry of the steering system.

Jack Hidley
    Maximum Motorsports Tech Support

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hidley View Post
    Mustangman,

Jordan was asking about installing another Fox rack versus an SN95 rack and the bumpsteer implications of the rack swap as it related to the outer tie rods.

That is why I told her that she could keep her Fox inner and outer tie rods. If she did that, there would be no change in bumpsteer behavior.

I was trying to keep the issue of the steering rack separate from the issue of the steering components which of course do affect bumpsteer because they change the geometry of the steering system.

Jack Hidley
    Maximum Motorsports Tech Support
    Your exactly right, if the only change is SN rack, my only point was that without knowing other factors like i stated, the outers may not be what foxlady82 needs, i personally used the fox inners for a couple reasons, length, and that i ordered the fox Bumpsteer kit from MM.

Foxlady82 stated that they had all the other SN front end stuff, well what year stuff? 94-95 or 96 + and using a fox outer on 96 + stuff would cause a severe bumpsteer situation, would it not? I am not trying to say u are wrong i am trying to clear up the " MM told me i could use part A with my setup and have no bumpsteer" when infact the steering etc was not stock and may need other parts info to make the proper recommendation for outers in this case.

One other thing, on the corral didnt u state that pretty much all outers now cause bumpsteer due to consolidation of part years by aftermarket suppliers? what is MM's recommendation on proper or best part to source in that case?
    No Longer a 4I Owner

We are definitely on the same page about this issue.

With respect to the OE style replacement tie rods on a Fox Mustang, there are not a lot of good options.

1) Install whatever the local autoparts store is selling and just live with it. This is what most people do.

2) Install SN95 inner tie rods with about 1" trimmed off of the threaded portion. Install SN95 outer tie rods. I'm 90% sure that the geometry of the SN95 outer tie rod is very good for a Fox Mustang with added caster (3-4 degrees). I can check on Monday to be sure.

3) Install an MM tapered stud style bumpsteer kit. I can tell you the exact height of spacers to match the height of the original 1990-93 outer tie rods.

Do you have any problems with the breaks locking up? I was going to buy a master cylinder and booster tomorrow but after reading this i think ill just go with the master cylinder.

Also its best to uprgrade to sn-95 a arms over stock right?
    Last edited by Vannnce; 05-26-2011 at 10:53 PM.
    Still got the '80 capri. Covered and kept in storage until i finish my IBEW apprenticeship and move back home. In the meantime I'll lurk around here or you can catch me on Powerstroke.org OR Fullsizebronco.com

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast