Close

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

i have a question will 03 mustang A-arms be okay to use. i have the spindles off of a 94 mustang on already with my stock 82 A-Arms. to much positive camber and i need to fix it?
    Last edited by jdmustang82; 02-05-2011 at 04:30 PM.
    Jordan

current:
    82' Mustang GL 10.21@71 MPH 1/8 mile
    2007 Ford F150 Supercrew (DD)
    1969 ford bronco half cab (Off Road Project)
    Past:
    00' focus
    85' mustang LX
    79' F-250

Quote Originally Posted by MAD MIKE View Post
    Those are the '94-'98 V6/GT calipers. At a glance they look pretty good. You will want to mic the rotos, and check the pads for even wear. An angled or uneven pad wear will tell if there is something wrong with the calipers. The hoses may be fine, but its not something I would chance, but you do not know if the calipers were dangled off the hoses on removal. Replace them.
    Otherwise for $30 that's not a bad deal.
    Thanks Michael, that's what I wanted to hear. I can't lose for 30 bucks! I'll have the rotors turned and inspect the pads. Later I can upgrade to cobra brakes!
    -Scott

2012 Hyundai Sonata 2.0t Limited[/COLOR][/B]

Quote Originally Posted by FOXYLADY82 View Post
    i have a question will 03 mustang A-arms be okay to use. i have the spindles off of a 94 mustang on already with my stock 82 A-Arms. to much positive camber and i need to fix it?
    The A-arms will help but keep in mind with SN95 A-arms you will need to change your outer tierods to longer Taurus tierods to keep a safe thread engagement.
    -Michael
    '79 Fairmont 5dr 'car guy safe' MM Tech Tips StopTech Brake Bias StopTech White Papers

Quote Originally Posted by NewSchool View Post
    I found these brakes on craigslist. This is the guys description: Front brake rotors and calipers from a 97 Mustang GT pulled at <20k mi
    Question is: Will these work with the spindles I have and at $30 is this a great deal? Also is it safe to buy used brakes like this. From the pic they don't look good to me but to someone else these may look great. I'm just not that knowledgeable about brakes!
    If nothing else, they will save you the core charge on new calipers. Thats what i did
    No Longer a 4I Owner
    But Have way too much 4I stuff Collecting Dust.

Quote Originally Posted by theemustangman View Post
    If nothing else, they will save you the core charge on new calipers. Thats what i did
    I never thought about this... so you can go down to your local autozone and get new calipers... what does that cost?
    -Scott

Quote Originally Posted by MAD MIKE View Post
    The A-arms will help but keep in mind with SN95 A-arms you will need to change your outer tierods to longer Taurus tierods to keep a safe thread engagement.
    could you tell me what year Taurus I would have to get those from?
    Last edited by jdmustang82; 02-11-2011 at 08:28 PM.
    Jordan

current:
    82' Mustang GL 10.21@71 MPH 1/8 mile
    2007 Ford F150 Supercrew (DD)
    1969 ford bronco half cab (Off Road Project)
    Past:
    00' focus
    85' mustang LX
    79' F-250

The cores are 20 and 18 for My "Local" pricing or how ever they price the parts for the region and new calipers are 35 w/core w/o core 55
    No Longer a 4I Owner
    But Have way too much 4I stuff Collecting Dust.

Default Master Cylinder Fit

I just wanted to make sure I’m buying the correct Brake Booster. I have the following Master Cylinder from my M-2300-Q front brake kit.

1994-95 Mustang Cobra
    Part# F4ZZ-2140-B
    Bore: 15/16"
    Primary Fitting Size: M12X1
    Secondary Fitting Size: M10X1

I’m looking at the 1993 Mustang Cobra Power Brake Booster from LMR but I thought there might be an issue with my master cylinder fitting this booster. Can somebody confirm that these will work together.

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...-Brake-Booster
    -Scott

I just wanted to make sure I’m buying the correct Brake Booster. I have the following Master Cylinder from my M-2300-Q front brake kit.

1994-95 Mustang Cobra
    Part# F4ZZ-2140-B
    Bore: 15/16"
    Primary Fitting Size: M12X1
    Secondary Fitting Size: M10X1

I’m looking at the 1993 Mustang Cobra Power Brake Booster from LMR but I thought there might be an issue with my master cylinder fitting this booster. Can somebody confirm that these will work together.

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...-Brake-Booster
    The '93 Cobra booster will fit that MC.

Depending on your whole system you may be fine with the stock Fox booster. I would hold off on buying a new booster until you test drove it with the Fox booster.

--Vince
    + Jalapeņo Red 1985 Mustang GT, 347 in^3, Canfield heads, 650DP, X-Celerator, & 1-5/8" LT's
    + Tremec 3550, D&D shifter, 3.73:1 gears, & TrueTrac differential
    + EVM watts & 3-link, Homemade LCA's, & Koni SA's
    + '00 Cobra R Brembos in front and SN95 Cobra rear brakes, R58 rims, & 275/40R17 Falkens
    www.1985mustanggt.com

Default Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by 85GTVince View Post
    The '93 Cobra booster will fit that MC.

Depending on your whole system you may be fine with the stock Fox booster. I would hold off on buying a new booster until you test drove it with the Fox booster.

--Vince
    Thanks Vince, I really appreciate the help. This project has been a little daunting for me but it's starting to come together. So far I have the complete rear 11.5" Cobra brake setup from North Racecars and the 13" front cobra brakes from the m-2300-q ford racing kit.

With this rear brake setup should have the 93 cobra booster?

Thanks!!!!!!
    -Scott

Scott,
    I would use the Fox booster with that set-up. It is a matter of personal preference. The Fox booster will give you a little bit firmer pedal than the '93 Cobra booster. The '93 Cobra booster has a larger surface area which will give you more assist (which will give you a softer pedal).

My personal preference for your brake set-up is a 1" MC (like the '93 Cobra), since you have a 15/16" MC your pedal will already be softer (than if you had a 1" MC). As a point of reference, Ford used a 1" MC for the '95 Cobra R to give it a little firmer pedal.

I hope that helps. Let us know if you still have any questions.

--Vince
    + Jalapeņo Red 1985 Mustang GT, 347 in^3, Canfield heads, 650DP, X-Celerator, & 1-5/8" LT's
    + '00 Cobra R Brembos in front and SN95 Cobra rear brakes, R58 rims, & 275/40R17 Falkens
    www.1985mustanggt.com

Scott,
    I would use the Fox booster with that set-up. It is a matter of personal preference. The Fox booster will give you a little bit firmer pedal than the '93 Cobra booster. The '93 Cobra booster has a larger surface area which will give you more assist (which will give you a softer pedal).

My personal preference for your brake set-up is a 1" MC (like the '93 Cobra), since you have a 15/16" MC your pedal will already be softer (than if you had a 1" MC). As a point of reference, Ford used a 1" MC for the '95 Cobra R to give it a little firmer pedal.

--Vince
    Thanks Vince, that helps a lot. I really don't want to put in a different booster because that just complicates things even more. So will my 15/16" MC fit directly on my stock fox booster? If so, that would be great, like you said I could try this out first and see how I like it.
    -Scott

Quote Originally Posted by FOXYLADY82 View Post
    could you tell me what year Taurus I would have to get those from?
    80s to mid 90s are the same. Just think Robo-Cop.
    -Michael
    '79 Fairmont 5dr 'car guy safe' MM Tech Tips StopTech Brake Bias StopTech White Papers

So will my 15/16" MC fit directly on my stock fox booster? If so, that would be great, like you said I could try this out first and see how I like it.
    Yes, your stock booster will fit the '94 Cobra MC.

All of the vacuum boost MC's have a horizontal mounting pattern to the booster. The '96-'04 V8 hydro boost systems have a vertical mounting pattern. Also, the '94-'04 boosters have a slightly revised mounting pattern to the firewall.

--Vince
    www.1985mustanggt.com

Yes, your stock booster will fit the '94 Cobra MC.

All of the vacuum boost MC's have a horizontal mounting pattern to the booster. The '96-'04 V8 hydro boost systems have a vertical mounting pattern. Also, the '94-'04 boosters have a slightly revised mounting pattern to the firewall.

--Vince
    Great... thanks again. I feel like I've been highjacking this thread lately... thanks for all your help!
    -Scott

FEP Member

Hi,i am new on here.Question on this brake stuff,i did this back in 2000 i have an 84 used the five lug 4-wheel disk got the kit from DMP(dallas mustang parts) not in business any more.The kit bolted right up with no problem's i did not change the booster,m/c and pv do i need to change any of this.The brake's work good have had no problem's i have been reading on here some say yes and no depend on pedal feel and next question is the tie rod length i have a manual rack had to fab it up to reach the spindle will be going back to power steering this spring what should i use to solve this.Thank's.

Scott,

--Vince
    I don't mean to hijack this but, my setup is verysimilar to his with the exception of using the 93 Cobra MC. Will the pedal be too stiff using the stock booster? I ordered a booster for a 93 Cobra but was sent the same booster as stock.
    1986 GT / 5 speed. 331 stroker, AFR 185 heads, E303, Scorpion 1.6 RR's, Trick Flow intake, 70mm TB & EGR spacer, 30 lbs injectors/MAF, Cold Air Intake, MSD Ignition, Ford Racing shorty headers, Flowmaster exhaust w/OR H-pipe, Mishimoto Aluminum Radiator, Black Majic electric fan, 3.73 gears, 17x9 Cobra R wheels, 255/40/17 Nitto 555 tires up front and 275/40/17 Nitto 555R out back. Hotchkis CC plates, Strange Adjustable shocks/struts, Cobra disc brakes, Ford Racing B springs

Quote Originally Posted by dansmach View Post
    I don't mean to hijack this but, my setup is verysimilar to his with the exception of using the 93 Cobra MC. Will the pedal be too stiff using the stock booster? I ordered a booster for a 93 Cobra but was sent the same booster as stock.
    Just to clarify, which front and rear brakes do you plan on using with your 1" MC?

In general, the Fox booster will work fine. It will just give you a firmer pedal than the '93 Cobra booster.

--Vince
    www.1985mustanggt.com

Just to clarify, which front and rear brakes do you plan on using with your 1" MC?

In general, the Fox booster will work fine. It will just give you a firmer pedal than the '93 Cobra booster.

--Vince
    I am using the SVE cobra style front (PBR) From LRS and the complete cobra rear from north race car.
    1986 GT / 5 speed. 331 stroker, AFR 185 heads, E303, Scorpion 1.6 RR's, Trick Flow intake, 70mm TB & EGR spacer, 30 lbs injectors/MAF, Cold Air Intake, MSD Ignition, Ford Racing shorty headers, Flowmaster exhaust w/OR H-pipe, Mishimoto Aluminum Radiator, Black Majic electric fan, 3.73 gears, 17x9 Cobra R wheels, 255/40/17 Nitto 555 tires up front and 275/40/17 Nitto 555R out back. Hotchkis CC plates, Strange Adjustable shocks/struts, Cobra disc brakes, Ford Racing B springs

I am using the SVE cobra style front (PBR) From LRS and the complete cobra rear from north race car.
    I would use the regular Fox booster.

--Vince
    www.1985mustanggt.com

I'm going to use the fox booster and I have your same setup. I have the cobra master cylinder 15/16 bore. I'll let you know what mine is like when I'm done but I probably won't be done for another month.
    -Scott

Thanks Vince. That makes me feel better. I was a little disappointed when I took the stock booster out only to find that I was sent the exact same one. No reason to pull it out other than upgrading it.

Scott- Hopefully, I'll be done with mine by the end of the week. Everything under the hood is done and the rear is half way there. I was only interupted by having to go to work. Blast!

Thanks Vince. That makes me feel better. I was a little disappointed when I took the stock booster out only to find that I was sent the exact same one. No reason to pull it out other than upgrading it.

Scott- Hopefully, I'll be done with mine by the end of the week. Everything under the hood is done and the rear is half way there. I was only interupted by having to go to work. Blast!
    Maybe you can do a complete write up thread with pics. I don't think we have one yet. J/K, that would be a lot of work in itself!

Would be great for those who haven't done it yet.
    -Scott

Well, all is done. The Fox booster seams to work fine. The pedal is a little firm but not stiff. (If that makes sence) Stops on a dime! For anyone looking to use the rear setup from North Racecars, I would recommend finding an anti-moan bracket. I found one from http://www.performancepartsinc.com/s...ion_94_04.html for $129.99 a set. I had talked to North Racecars about the moan and he said it's a 50/50 thing if they're needed or not. They do not include them with their kit.

Well, all is done. The Fox booster seams to work fine. The pedal is a little firm but not stiff. (If that makes sence) Stops on a dime! For anyone looking to use the rear setup from North Racecars, I would recommend finding an anti-moan bracket. I found one from http://www.performancepartsinc.com/s...ion_94_04.html for $129.99 a set. I had talked to North Racecars about the moan and he said it's a 50/50 thing if they're needed or not. They do not include them with their kit.
    Execute my ignorance but what exactly does the anti-moan brackets do? I may order these if it's a must. HOw long did it take to get them delivered?
    -Scott

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast