Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    that city in CO where the building looks like a whistle

Default Can anyone enlighten me on the twister II's

I owned a red 85 Twister II about two years ago, but sold it on ebay for $1400, and was wondering if these things were even worth a ****. lol i know mine wasnt cause it had been totaled and converted to an aero outside, but it still had the plaque and everything so i thought it was kinda cool. Can anyone enlighten me on these things

was a kansas city dealership installed option. there was only 90 cars made, 76 hatchbacks, 14 convertibles. was yours an auto or 5 speed? there were only 2 cfi/AOD hatchs made. it had no other performance features then a stock mustang, simply a sticker package.

however i have heard from more then a few sources once the cars were delivered to the dealership some cars got a few performance upgrades but back in 85 there wasnt much offerings from the aftermarket so not sure what that exactly means
    Looking for a Fox wagon

no, it was a 5-speed

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Gager
    was a kansas city dealership installed option.
    The '85 Twister II was not a "dealer installed option". It was a special edition model produced by Ford specifically for KC dealers.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

so were they worth a ****, or no. i wish mine wasn't all hacked up, lol but man, it was beyond saving...

Kinda hard to say. They probably aren't worth much more than the same options and same mileage GT, since they were a stock GT with a decal package.
    Matt

1985 Cougar XR-7 5 speed manual.

I have a while one and bought it in NM

You have a White Twister II? Would you mind PM me the VIN so I can verify it with the Twister Registry? I know the guy who runs it, and the have all the VINS for the Twister II's. I am sure he would love to talk to you.

Quote Originally Posted by The KIDD View Post
    Steve
    "Taillights in Your Face Jack? You've just been Dominated!"
    # Link to Facebook Dominator Mustang Fans # # Link to Facebook Predator Mustang Fans #
    # Link to Facebook Twister Mustang Fans #
    Current Stangs: Stangless
    Previously owned:
    84 Black GT, 85 Black T-Top Dominator GT # Link to Restoration Thread # 85 Dominator GT RIP 1995, 85 Predator GT, 83 Dominator GT, 82 Mustang GT

Would love to see a Picture also!

Steve
    # Link to Facebook Dominator Mustang Fans # # Link to Facebook Predator Mustang Fans #
    Previously owned:
    84 Black GT, 85 Black T-Top Dominator GT # Link to Restoration Thread # 85 Dominator GT RIP 1995, 85 Predator GT, 83 Dominator GT, 82 Mustang GT

sure but i think that they had established that is was not a real one. I do have all of the supporting documents for the car, like the plaque and a few small items. But Like I said either this is not one or this one got lost in transportation and ended up in Phoenix all the info is in my intro

Quote Originally Posted by bluesfannoz View Post
    You have a White Twister II? Would you mind PM me the VIN so I can verify it with the Twister Registry? I know the guy who runs it, and the have all the VINS for the Twister II's. I am sure he would love to talk to you.
    That would be great because if it is one that got lost I would like to know before I cut it up

I can't quite make out all of the VIN in that picture. Can you elaborate?
    Steve
    Previously owned:

the vin that i have is

1FABP28M8FF243350

the DSO is 75

and fox said that was Phoenix and not KC however someone else stated that it could have been delivered else where by mistake but I'm not holding my breath

I have passed on the VIN to Terri Fritts of the Twister Special Registry. He will know if it is or isn't. I will let him state whether it is or not.

the DSO is 75

and fox said that was Phoenix and not KC however someone else stated that it could have been delivered else where by mistake but I'm not holding my breath
    Steve
    Previously owned:

sweet thanks

i just got a goodie box from UPS

some times the manufacturer will not admit that a car is a special package car.i sent my vin number of my crimson cat to mercury and they told me that my car was not one but it had all the markings and badges.
    83 t-top crimson cat (RIP)
    82 black magic 351w aod 3:55
    92 mustang lx coupe sold. Wish I never did
    84 mustang GT T-top NEW project
    for all n.c.peeps
    http://www.heartofcarolinamustangclub.org
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2060630

The KIDD's car is NOT a Twister II....too late of a scheduled build date, too high of a production sequence number in the VIN, and the wrong DSO.

The district sales office (DSO) has nothing to do with where the car was delivered. It has to do with the ordering dealer's sales district. All Twister II's were ordered within the Kansas City DSO.

1redcat: If you're talking about Ford's Customer Relationship Center's "Build Sheet" (aka History 999 report), they are not the final word as to what a car or is not just because the report came directly from Ford. We have shown time and time again the errors on those reports.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Yes Terry Fritts of the Twister Special Registry says this is not a Twister II.

Quote Originally Posted by FoxChassis View Post
    The KIDD's car is NOT a Twister II....too late of a scheduled build date, too high of a production sequence number in the VIN, and the wrong DSO.

The district sales office (DSO) has nothing to do with where the car was delivered. It has to do with the ordering dealer's sales district. All Twister II's were ordered within the Kansas City DSO.

1redcat: If you're talking about Ford's Customer Relationship Center's "Build Sheet" (aka History 999 report), they are not the final word as to what a car or is not just because the report came directly from Ford. We have shown time and time again the errors on those reports.
    Steve
    Previously owned:

I have a 85 Twister II, 1of 2 cfi/auto hatch cars. The built date is 10/84 DSO of 53(Kansas City),color code 2r. I picked it for $1500. It needs some work like new TwisterII decals along the bottom of the doors and hood decal.

tjgtstang: Can you post the codes from your VC Label ("door tag/sticker") and Buck Tag (metal tag near or behind driver-side headlamps) in the Production Numbers and Decoding forum?

I can then give you some production info, such as how many had the same color, transmission, and roof type as yours.

FEP Power Member

Quote Originally Posted by tjgtstang View Post
    I have a 85 Twister II, 1of 2 cfi/auto hatch cars. The built date is 10/84 DSO of 53(Kansas City),color code 2r. I picked it for $1500. It needs some work like new TwisterII decals along the bottom of the doors and hood decal.
    The hood decal is standard 85 Mustang GT. The other decals are impossible to find, however I know someone who has a set. PM me if you are interested.

Have you been in touch with Terry Fritts of the Twister Registry. I would verify the car with him. He can also source the correct Twister II stickers for you.

http://www.twisterspecialregisty.com Fixed

Quote Originally Posted by DeraldRice View Post
    The hood decal is standard 85 Mustang GT. The other decals are impossible to find, however I know someone who has a set. PM me if you are interested.
    Last edited by bluesfannoz; 04-20-2010 at 01:44 PM.
    Steve
    Previously owned:

none of the links you guys have posted are working. I'd really like to see what these cars looked like! any pics of the badging and stickers that were specific to these vehicles?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast