Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Birdman's Capri

FEP Member

That sucks. I'd say buy a 4/6 cyl shell and do a complete swapover.

Won't be original but it would still be cool. If it were closer I'd have liked to have it for such a purpose.

Steve
    1983 Mustang GT

Blog Entries

Somewhere, there's gotta be a Turbo RS needing a drivetrain and such. But, that's probably just an utterly unrealistic hope.

Quote Originally Posted by evlgt85 View Post
    Somewhere, there's gotta be a Turbo RS needing a drivetrain and such. But, that's probably just an utterly unrealistic hope.
    Make that an aeroswapped one. It sucks, but it'll work out. Thanks for the opinions everyone.

Venomous Moderator Hissing Cobra's Avatar

I'm shocked too. I remember when he was having the body redone and it looked good in the pictures. Unfortunately, this can show how deceiving pictures can be. I'm sorry that I recommended that car to you guys. I won't do that again unless I see it with my own two eyes.
    Pete Slaney

1979 Mustang Cobra

347/T-5/4.30's
    420 rwhp/380 rwt (New Motor)
    11.49 @ 121.86

306/T-5/4.30's (Old Motor)
    307 rwhp/278 rwt
    12.38 @ 111.38

That looks just like my 90 L.X. That I just Junked. The rust was so bad on my car the rear lower control arms were falling out of the framerails. My drivetrain will live on though in my 88 G.T. Convertible I just picked up.

Whatever you do is up to you. It can be fixed but at what cost? All I see are big $$$$'s unless you can weld and fabricate new pieces.
    85 G.T. All motor
    337 c.i.d 11.44-120 mph

1984 1/2 G.T. 350 (13.01-106 mph)

1984 G.T. (Daughters car)

1986 G.T. (Son's car) (12.99-105 mph)

That is why I HATE northern cars. Its sad, but even low mile cars get eaten alive.
    ** 89 LX 5.0 ** blower whine, better brakes, and faded paint

Quote Originally Posted by Hissing Cobra View Post
    I'm shocked too. I remember when he was having the body redone and it looked good in the pictures. Unfortunately, this can show how deceiving pictures can be. I'm sorry that I recommended that car to you guys. I won't do that again unless I see it with my own two eyes.
    Pete - Don't sweat it. I asked him if the body guy had even looked underneath it. I don't think there's a soul on this board that would have thought the underneath looked like that. By his own admission Walt was more of a polisher than a wrench turner.

Kevins89notch5.0 - Amen Brother.

306gt - It won't be repaired. I was pretty sure of it when I saw the underside but wanted to be sure I wasn't just being a wuss.

Wow! I'm shocked and kind o' embarrassed. I had no idea it was that bad under there. Yeah, I knew there was SOME rust, but not to that extent. It had to be the fact the car was sitting in the yard on dirt that must have made it worse, fast. 85vert was great about it though. I hope he can recoup with the parts or something. The trannie is new and there's lots of other stuff. I do feel good about one thing and that is I don't have to feel like I gave up on the car after all this time. It just rusted out of use. (I can hear you all now....dummy..didn't he know you can't let it sit like that.) Well, this is the greatest site ever and the people here have given me a lot of help with that car. Keep it up and who knows, I may be back with another car.
    http://birdman84rs.tripod.com for more pics
    84 2.3L RS Turbo 5 spd T-Roof Stock
    A clean car is always in style!

Your a good guy. Not too many people have owned them this long and even though its done, the fact that it looked that good is testiment to your caring for the car.
    84 20th Anny 2.3Turbo #1978
    84 Turbo GT 11.70@120MPH 418RWHP
    89 41X Coupe 2200 miles
    96 Mystic Cobra Terminator swap

Quote Originally Posted by GT350R View Post
    Your a good guy. Not too many people have owned them this long and even though its done, the fact that it looked that good is testiment to your caring for the car.
    Walt is a great guy. He called me Friday night to see how it was going. Judging from the pics he spent a ton of time and money on the car, it just had cancer.

How are you? I just found my log in info. Did you part out the RS I sold you? I'm driving an '04 vert my wife got me and I love it. I wouldn't trade it for anything.
    http://birdman84rs.tripod.com for more pics
    84 2.3L RS Turbo 5 spd T-Roof Stock
    A clean car is always in style!

Neither here nor there

Quote Originally Posted by Birdman57 View Post
    How are you? I just found my log in info. Did you part out the RS I sold you? I'm driving an '04 vert my wife got me and I love it. I wouldn't trade it for anything.
    Sorry to say that we lost 85Vert (Chris) ( Here ) about 5 1/2 years ago unfortunately to cancer. Your car ended up with another member 93-331-29PSI (Anthony) and I believe it was going to have some of its goods moved over to a Turbo GT Mustang, but not sure where that ended up project wise

Hope all is well with you!

Neither here nor there

Ok from a search and now I remember, Anythony had a tree fall on his 83 Turbo GT and he gave the car away with what was left of your old car, but not sure what happened from that, this was just over a year ago.
    http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...-GT-Turbo-FREE

Yeah birdman’s capri fell apart when it was being loaded onto a trailer. The rust was just way too much and the paint was the only thing holding the car together. Many of the salvageable parts were saved and went with my turbo GT when I gave it away…. My car found its way back to me, but none of the parts that went with it accompanied it. Not sure where they are now.
    83 GT Turbo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12