Close

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

It isn't so much that I chickened out It was a great idea and I always wanted to try it...but it wasn't quite what I wanted the car to turn into (didn't realize it until it was too late) as it will be a dd when it hits the road. It would be great to do again sometime now that I know more about what it will take to make it look good...and it would look so much better on a hb than the coupe. Guess I got another project someday

I will get some pics up shortly after I get home...show the sfc, torque boxes, boxed arms and maybe some of the whole car if it looks presentable after my shoddy paint work. I really used to be much better at this...but I will just blame the paint again, HA!!
    83 Mustang Hatch made Coupe with a 5.0, t-5 and sporting 10 holes. View my progress on my Cardomain Site at http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2363043/1

I like it, nice touch. With certain body styles, it's getting very hard to find what will fit your car. Rather than spend big bucks for something that is supposed to fit, you made something that does fit. I've seen quite few attempts at this sort of thing that have gone wrong, but you've taken the time to do things the right way. Nice spacing on the rivets, two tumbs up.
    Last edited by riffenfool; 09-17-2007 at 06:57 AM.
    I am very interested in Capris, Mustangs, Shelbys, and Saleens. Basically, if you cut me, I bleed Ford blue.

Default Got some more paint laid

Sprayed semi gloss black on the lower parts as well as around the door windows and hood stripe. I have also been working on putting sound deadening on the interior panels to cut down on exhaust/road drone. Currently I am working on getting the side windows (aero...the rubber is all sun rotted) fixed up and some trim painted so I can install the window runs/seals and start installing the interior. Once I get that buttoned up, I will move on to the suspension/running gear and motor. I am not planning on putting the bumper/airdam or side skirts on untill it is about all assembled...to save any damage and such. I will get more pics up soon (hopefully).
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    83 Mustang Hatch made Coupe with a 5.0, t-5 and sporting 10 holes. View my progress on my Cardomain Site at http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2363043/1

quite nice. i like the flaring, it's kinda like 86(maybe 85) saleen body kit.
    1980 Mustang Notchback :: 83 5.0 from a truck! t-5 . almost running!

soon to have 7.5 rear from an 82 gt, e7 heads, turbocoupe wheels.

Those are made by A&A...found them on e-bay and they will tie in the side skirts nicely.

I am making some headway on this thing...I got the quarter windows in, trim/window seals on the doors, door seals and dew wipes on. I also got the headliner, rear inside panels, package tray and trunk installed. Those took me a while as I had to clean and paint some of it so they would match. I didn't paint the drip rails or dew wipe covers as they are rubber coated and cleaned up well. It doesn't look too bad.

My rear seat is REALLY faded, so I would like to find a quick way to make it look better...even if that means putting a seat cover on it just so it isn't white on the top. I am thinking of dying it, but don't want it to be too different of a red and it doesn't match my front seats anyways. Later on I want to get new upholstry or get material and make my own...maybe make it black then.

I also assembled my gauge cluster...I am using the 88 interior/dash and had three different clusters. One 88 4cyl 85mph, one 88 v8 180kmh and one 92 v8 140mph. I wanted the 140 and the v8 tach, but didn't want to mess with the wiring for the 92 cluster (have to change a bunch of the wires to make it work correctly). I was hoping I could do some little mods to the 92 speedo and make it fit the 88 housing, but it was different in more than a few places. I ended up taking the speedos apart, peeled the faces off them, put the 140 face on the 88 backing, installed the 140 mechanicals and trimmed the 180km face to fill a cutout on the bottom of the 140. I then used the 88 v8 tach and the 92 oil/fuel/volt/temp gauges as they were in better shape. What was funny was the different shades of all of the faces...I used Magic Black to treat them all and make them black and shiny again and re-assembled it all. It looks quite good and I hope it all works, HA!!

I will post some pics maybe friday...left the camera in the shop and I have to work 15hrs tomorrow...not fun at all.
    Last edited by ford005; 10-18-2007 at 12:09 AM.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456