Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Capri Diecast

Default Capri Diecast

No they're not making one yet!! I've been in contact with John (johnnygmachine) and the folks at GMP to see about getting a damaged 85 mustang to turn into my Capri. They didn't have anything damaged so I bought a Twister for the starting point. I will document it & show the work if you guys are interested??? A couple of years ago I had a biz. duplicating peoples real cars in 1:18 diecast - so this is nothing new...5 yrs ago I did an Eleanor Movie car..had a guy on the diecast board I was on harass me for 3 mos. to sell it to him. I eventually caved, he flew in from Ca. to pay me & take the car .....$800.00. It matched the movie car completely, down to the aluminum tube grille!!

very interested, keep us posted please
    Kyle
    1986 ascMclaren #105, grey w/ black stripes 1 of 1
    2000 Ranger 4x4 Off Road 4.0L
    2000 Camry V-6 5 speed manual
    Quote Originally Posted by frankiesaysrelax View Post
    Sounds like you might have made them make brown rice in their underwear.

I would be very interested in a Capri (prefer Black Magic) GMP Model.

I already own both of the GMP svo modles along with all the garage acc. car hoist and trailer. And I own all the other svo and merkur diecast and models produced. now thaty I own a real capri naturally I must have a diecast to match my mini car garage
    Hug A Turtle Today!
    85 svo Comp Prep
    Enough spare parts to build at least 2 complete turbo cars.

http://www.fordturbo.com (Faq, Tech, Forum, Gallery)
    http://www.fastest4d.com (My cars/projects & pics)

Any pics of die-cast cars you have made?

I have to upload them to this computer..hoping to do this tommorrow. I have about 30 discs of various pics I need to load up & transfer to pic host!! Lots of work to do! I ran by my paint supplier today & got the color on the Capri computer scanned ... came out as '02 Sonic Blue. So I've already got the quart mixed up & ready to go!!

you going to do a bubble back? that would be great
    1983 Capri RS Turbo
    1986 Bronco 351ho
    VP Berks County Mustang Car Club
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2462250

Yeah, since thats what mine is. Its going to be ALOT of fab-work. For most of the body changes I use a 2 part play-dough like epoxy, once it hardens I take the dremel to it & get the shapes close. Very little filler if any, some spot putty to fill the pinholes after sanding. Primer/sealer or epoxy primer, base coat/clearcoat, let it dry (usually about a week - depends on humidity - my paint booth is in the basement), polish it out to a high gloss shine & then wax it with some custom formulated Carnuba. Some of the things I've thought of while looking at mine are, fabbing the rear bumper(upper part), same with the front, hood, hatch, fenders don't appear to be too much work, the wheels are gonna be FUN!!

definately want a ttop capri diecast , that would be sweet

maybe you can show gmp hows its done
    1983 Capri RS Turbo
    1986 Bronco 351ho
    VP Berks County Mustang Car Club
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2462250

Quote Originally Posted by 83rsturbo View Post
    maybe you can show gmp hows its done
    I fully intend to send them in process pics as I go, who knows they may want to see it in person. When I did Eleanor 5 yrs ago, Doug from Unique Performance (before it was called that) called the shop phone to find out more info. You never know!!

howbout a nice 83 GT with the trx package with the revers hoodscoup and no t top
    Last edited by 83_BossGT50; 10-30-2006 at 08:02 AM. Reason: edit

I do know that GMP is working on a NEW Four Eye at this time... I haven't heard much as of yet, just that we'll all like it!! We'll just have to wait & see!! I'm slooowly starting to reconnect with contacts in that world so...when I hear any more (or better yet see something) I'll definately post it here!!

I got my starting point for this project on friday. Red '85 Twister II. I'll take pics before I start the disassembly of it. So far it looks like it'll be just like the real cars...I have to modify everything except the doors & roof. The only difference is, they don't unbolt!! This will be fun!! BTW, here's some pics of my previous work...remember these are diecast!![IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG] These are all Eleanor, done about 4 yrs ago... If you guys want to see more let me know.. Dave

Real nice, I'd love to see pics of others you've done too.

Quote Originally Posted by gdniel View Post
    x2
    1985 Mustang 5.0 coupe - dad's
    1983 Mustang GT sold deeply missed
    1981 Mercury Capri sold, not so missed (too far gone)
    1991 LX 5.0 vert sold
    2000 GT 75 mm TB, PP upper plenum, CAI, x pipe w/flows, SCT xcal 2 with a BAMAchips custom tune

Quote Originally Posted by gdniel View Post
    x3
    1979 Mercury Capri GHIA

OK, here's some more. I'll try to keep them short (I have lots of pics), so if you want more pics of one let me know.

Hugger Orange '69 Camaro - changed the Hockey Stick Stripe to black, added the vinyl top & chrome trim. The stock version is in the background.

Notice the seams for the vinyl top??

'62 Corvette - completely redone in Honduras Maroon (car & interior were blue) to match customers real car.

'69 Charger 500 - Painted GM Tahoe Turquoise to match customers real car. The next Charger is his as well, he owns 3 & only 1 is painted a Dodge color.

'69 Charger 500 - Painted a Ford Blue (used on the Probe's I believe), same customer as the car above.

One last Charger - '70 Fast & Furious - I didn't like the way ERTL did the car so..I modified it to look correct! This is my car so the front grille has STILL not been corrected.
    BEFORE

AFTER

BEFORE

AFTER

BEFORE

AFTER

'70 Z28 Black/White full bumper car (ERTL makes this as a split bumper car). Repainted car/painted stripes/changed wheels/detailed engine/removed console contoured & textured floor.

The starting point

[
    IMG]http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m184/DVSCAPRI/Diecast%20Mods/BlackWhite%20Z28/000793-R1-21A.jpg[/IMG]

'87 GMP silver Buick T-Type - Added a padded vinyl top & Chrome trim/changed the WE4 (Black-out package) to Chrome to match the customers real car.

'67 Cutlass 'vert - Hwy 61 - Painted Spanish Red & detailed (Hwy 61 makes this color, but only as a hard top).

'02 Monte Carlo - Added the flag stripes

?? Plymouth Prowler - repainted in Prowler Orange Pearl

'04 Honda S2000 - Repainted in Suzuka Blue Pearl/ Interior re-done in blue as well. I KNOW, I KNOW "an import"??? It's the only one I've done!!

'70 Cuda - repainted in House of Kolors Chrome Yellow/added Black Hemi Hockey Stick Stripes/vinyl top & chrome trim/detailed engine compartment.

'71 Cuda - repainted Sassy Grass Green/black vinyl top/black hemi hockey sticks/engine compartment detailed.

These next pictures are what happens when you get tired/bored of working on the same 2 cars for the same customer.

'70 Cuda - repainted Sublime - interior is redone in Black & White/Black 440 Hockey Sticks/rear spoiler holes filled/wheels detailed/engine compartment detailed/bumpers chromed/license plate & floor mats to match. This was done to replicate the customers real car which is 1 of 33 manufactured and 1 of 6 known to still exist!! And he doesn't show the car at Mopar Shows!!!

Awsome work.
    I'd hate to know how much time you have in the Eleanor car.
    86 Mercury Capri Stock H/C/I custom exhaust

Cobra Kit Car - repainted Viper Blue/White stripes - side pipes Chromed/wheels were made from resin centers & aluminum tubing machined for "steps". Stripes were replicated to the customers car (they're not layed out correctly for an AC Cobra).

I've also been know to get a little crazy & do the little cars - 1 is a Johnny Lightning, the other is a Muscle Machines. Both are Sublime to replicate the car above.

very nice, I love working with scale cars almost as much as real cars....sadly I have about the same patience for working on them as well
    1985 Mustang 5.0 coupe - dad's
    1983 Mustang GT sold deeply missed
    1981 Mercury Capri sold, not so missed (too far gone)
    1991 LX 5.0 vert sold
    2000 GT 75 mm TB, PP upper plenum, CAI, x pipe w/flows, SCT xcal 2 with a BAMAchips custom tune

Neither here nor there

I could do better with my water color paint by number kit

j/k very nice man!

FEP Member

I sent an email to GMP about 3-4 years ago and they were not interested. I sent some pic also. the '84 stang was the first they did and it is a nice diecast. I didn't think it was to much to make the changes.
    If you Get-R-Done I am sure interested. I have the capri from Burago, it is a nice diecast by it is not the 1:18 scale it is the 1:24.
    I am behind this all the way.

TLennyRS

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast