Close

Default 84 Capri RS Turbo PICS

Here is my resto project thats almost complete. Heres a few for now, ill post more when i am finished. Everything has been redone, i also have the full NOS stripe kit for it which will make a big difference in the apperance.
    Any suggestions are more then welcomed. Thanks

1998 SVT Contour Daily Driver- K1 Racing Wheels CAI
    1985 Mustang GT T-top Black
    Freshened/Blueprinted 302-Heavily Worked GT40 Heads SS valves and Heavy Duty springs-1.6r Crane Cams RR-Custom Grind Comp Cam-Wieand Intake-Edelbrock Carb-MSD-King Cobra Clutch-World Class T5-Cobra 4whl Disc-31spl 4:10 rear-Longtubes-Strange 10Ways-Mac Exhaust with 3" Rolled tips-
    1984 RS Turbo Capri 100% Show car
    1982 Mustang GT

keep up the good work! the fresh paint and stripes are gonna really make that Capri stand out!
    1980 Mustang Ghia 3.3 4spd

boy I'm inpressed what did you use on the undercarriage. looks great
    1983 Capri RS Turbo
    1986 Bronco 351ho
    VP Berks County Mustang Car Club
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2462250

I am impressed. I bet your itching to drive it!

Rob.
    1985 GT 4V H.O. Work in progress, off and on, since December '87. http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/606903/1

thanks guys.
    actually its a project me and my dad are working on and he had originally bought the car brand new. he sold and then 20 so years later looked it up found it and bought it back.
    now it has turned into a 4 year project.
    ... and i cant wait to drive it
    Freshened/Blueprinted 302-Heavily Worked GT40 Heads SS valves and Heavy Duty springs-1.6r Crane Cams RR-Custom Grind Comp Cam-Wieand Intake-Edelbrock Carb-MSD-King Cobra Clutch-World Class T5-Cobra 4whl Disc-31spl 4:10 rear-Longtubes-Strange 10Ways-Mac Exhaust with 3" Rolled tips-
    1982 Mustang GT

FEP Super Member anthonydalrymple's Avatar

Nice car & looks to be really nice work the both of you have done(I presume it is a "father & son" project?). There's only gonna be one problem me things... Dad is gonna drive it allot more than you....
    '89 5.0 5-speed 'vert, seeing rust for the 1st time in it's life as well as 4,500+ elevation....

Travis T

Looking good so far. Where in NC are you from? It's cool that you guys managed to track it down again.

Very very nice.

I love to see when people restore these cars.
    '79 Indy pace car T-top
    '81 Cobra
    '81 Cobra T-top
    '82 Mustang GT T-top
    '87 Corvette
    '10 Mustang GT Convertible
    '17 F250
    '17 Landrover Discovery Sport

Great work!! I agree, it's awesome when these rare cars get brought back to their former glory. It's gonna look great when finished.
    Matt

1985 Cougar XR-7 5 speed manual.

I was impressed with the picture of it on its roof in the garage. How did you do that?
    edit:
    Nevermind, I see the feet of the rotisserie. Wish I could rent one of those.
    Last edited by kj_80Cobra; 10-19-2006 at 08:28 AM. Reason: change

Quote Originally Posted by kj_80Cobra View Post
    I was impressed with the picture of it on its roof in the garage. How did you do that?
    I'm going to shoot off a guess that they used a rotisserie, something similar to this: http://www.eastwoodco.com/jump.jsp?i...emType=CONTENT
    It puts the ATF in the T5... IT DOES AS IT'S TOLD!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Travis T View Post
    Looking good so far. Where in NC are you from? It's cool that you guys managed to track it down again.
    I am in Huntersville exit 25 off 77. In fact i know where you are off I-85
    1982 Mustang GT

Quote Originally Posted by futurexdesign View Post
    I'm going to shoot off a guess that they used a rotisserie, something similar to this: http://www.eastwoodco.com/jump.jsp?i...emType=CONTENT
    Yes very similar to that one.

Yes cant wait till its done. My dad has all of the original paper work, like bill of sale and all the turbo brochures
    thanks
    1982 Mustang GT

That car is gonna be -PIMP-.

Love the attention to the under-carriage. Is it a special epoxy paint?

Thats one very lucky Capri RS-T!
    -Mike Malone
    69 Mach1, 81 LX, 83 GT Turbo, 85.5 SVO 9L, 86 SVO 2A, 86 GT, 90 LX 5.0 - and a badass 84 LTD Wagon

yes it is por15
    1982 Mustang GT

WOW!!! You could eat off that undercarrige. Beautiful job you guys are doing. Whis I had a place,time, and money to pull something like that off.

Travis T

Quote Originally Posted by 84rsturbo View Post
    I am in Huntersville exit 25 off 77. In fact i know where you are off I-85

You can almost see my house from Exit 68 on I-85. Cool, another Charlotte area member.