Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by mustangjim View Post
    Just got the paint done on the 79 Ghia & the 86 Eurocoupe is taking its winter hibernation at Gateway Classic Cars, you can scope it out at: www.gatewayclassiccars.com - check under "new arrivals". A BBQ sounds great but with winter coming and dwindling shows, spring soundsbetter!
    Dave, hope to see you & Zen at WFC10 !! We could show/BBQ/Drink trackside (just like the last 6 years). Pony, you're not alone round these parts, hope to see ya around sometime....

Later, Jim
    Jim, need some pics of the Ghia!!! You can count on us for WFC!! I know of at least 5 of us so far!! Plus I know of a great little BBQ place out your way!!! I have his card & was told to call ahead this year so he has enough for us all (he ran out last year when I brought 8 people there!!) I wasn't drinkin by the show side this year, we were over on the pit side (had a booth), but we were really toasted on saturday!! Good thing was we got to eat dinner at Kevin marsh's team trailer!! That may be tough to turn down!! Dave

FEP Power Member

What are the dates for WFC next year? I'm planning on doing the Hot Rod power Tour next year and don't know if I can do both events.

Jim, post those pics up like I told you so. We love pics.

Zen
    '86 GT - weekend driver
    '86 Capri 5.0
    '86 Turbo Coupe
    '17 Mustang GT
    '23 BRONCO

WFC is usually mid may, approx. 2 - 3 weeks before HRPT. So the money thing definately comes into play. There are ways to minimize cost though! depending on how far you have to drive, car pool & split the cost of gas. Same with hotel, and if you shop around (hotel wise) you get some better deals when you stay further out from the track. In the past we've gone down in 1 car & stayed about 15 - 20 min away (illinois side - same hotel even though its changed names at least twice now). As for food, bring your own, bring a grille, etc.. you get the idea! HRPT could probably be done the same way, just keep in mind that its a looonnngggeeerrr drive every day & someone may get on your nerves! Loco Chick has thought about camping for HRPT....I personally wouldn't, but if you think you (& buddies/signifficant other) can handle this go for it! I know theres some people on the HR Forums that are talking about camping as well. Hopefully you can/do figure out a way to do both! You won't be dissappointed by either. Dave

I should be at wfc this year, I'd love to bring the capri, but.. thats an iffy....
    83 ttop original paint capri rs
    2001 Explorer motor.. stock! hoping to break in to the 14s

If you come, look for us. I hope to bring the Capri (Blue/White), but may bring the 86 if I get it & get it running in time!! I will let you guys know what car I'll be in/by before hand so we can do a GTG!! It would be cool to have a bunch of cars/people all together!! Same with HRPT!!

Ok, what is WFC? And I am planning on doing at least some of the HRPT. I think it will be a blast! But I want in line with you guys, that would be soooo much fun to get a bunch of four eyes together. Did anyone ever find a schedule for that btw?
    "Swaddled in a silent, climate-controlled cocoon of leather, modern drivers are subjected to what could only be charitably called a rubber room."

-1983 RS Capri:302,demon,blower,baer,svo,3:73,viper 6 spd,Trickflow,Eibach,BBK,borla, msd,autometer,ect.
    -1980 RS Capri: $300 junkyard find, aka: Project Resurection
    -1995 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC: Daily Driver
    -2007 GT: alloy metallic, 4.6, motorsport 2.3 supercharger, 3:73 gears, 20" shelby wheels, borla exhaust, cervinis functional ram air hood, side scoops, dyno 475 to the wheels.

st.louis right here..

Billison. How's that heater core box coming. Were you able to get it back together.
    86 GT

FEP Power Member
    '86 GT - weekend driver
    '86 Capri 5.0
    '86 Turbo Coupe
    '17 Mustang GT
    '23 BRONCO

Well i just got the dash painted and it looks good, i just got to reseal the heater core box and start putting the dash back together, hope to be done sometime tonight, just got to be done in time to watch the CARDS kick some butt

Good luck.GO CARDS!
    86 GT

Quote Originally Posted by Loco_Chick_Blown_83_Capri View Post
    Ok, what is WFC? And I am planning on doing at least some of the HRPT. I think it will be a blast! But I want in line with you guys, that would be soooo much fun to get a bunch of four eyes together. Did anyone ever find a schedule for that btw?
    WFC = World Ford Challenge.... #9 was held this past year. Which means next years (mid-May) will be #10 & should be a REALLY good time too!!!

3 down 1 to go.......GO CARDS

WE RULE! GO CARDS!
    86 GT

FEP Power Member

DAMN CARDS............................................. ..........................GO TIGERS!
    '86 GT - weekend driver
    '86 Capri 5.0
    '86 Turbo Coupe
    '17 Mustang GT
    '23 BRONCO

What's the difference between a carp and a tiger?
    well one is a bottom feeding scum sucker and the other is a fish..

Quote Originally Posted by billison View Post
    What's the difference between a carp and a tiger?
    well one is a bottom feeding scum sucker and the other is a fish..
    Don't leave out cheating.Wait, that's just dirt.HAHAHAHA
    86 GT

Where is WFC?

And thanks for the power tour info Zen.
    "Swaddled in a silent, climate-controlled cocoon of leather, modern drivers are subjected to what could only be charitably called a rubber room."

-1983 RS Capri:302,demon,blower,baer,svo,3:73,viper 6 spd,Trickflow,Eibach,BBK,borla, msd,autometer,ect.
    -2007 GT: alloy metallic, 4.6, motorsport 2.3 supercharger, 3:73 gears, 20" shelby wheels, borla exhaust, cervinis functional ram air hood, side scoops, dyno 475 to the wheels.

Default WFC 10

WFC10- World Ford Challenge 10 is located at Gateway International Raceway in Madison, Illinois (@ 2mi East of St. Louis,Missouri) off I-255 from I-55/70 or 64. This is usually a 4 Day Race & Show event w/ 500+ show cars & 1200+ racers- bracket/elimination style for $50k. Weathers usually very decent in Mid-May and a almost exclusive Mustang/Capri/Tbird/Cougar show,had @ 25 4 eyes out last year alone. Several 4 eyed racers too. When finalized date is posted I will post it. Hope to see ya all!!!

Jim
    1986 ASC McLaren EuroCoupe #19 of 47
    1979 Mercury Capri Ghia 302/C4

Quote Originally Posted by ZEN50 View Post
    DAMN CARDS............................................. ..........................GO TIGERS!
    Sorry Zen- Better wear a Cards shirt when you come down here. Too bad they didn't give Eckstien a Cobra, you might of had competition in the sub-compact class !! Ha-Ha

Jim
    1986 ASC McLaren EuroCoupe #19 of 47
    1979 Mercury Capri Ghia 302/C4

Hum, may consider that WFC for year after next. I like many others really doubt I can afford both that and the power tour. Sounds very interesting though!

I'm thinking for the power tour, I will join in Indiana and go to TN, not sure if I can do more or not.

FEP Power Member

Hey all, looks like WFC10 is moving to Indy. http://www.worldfordchallenge.com/
    '86 GT - weekend driver
    '86 Capri 5.0
    '86 Turbo Coupe
    '17 Mustang GT
    '23 BRONCO

i'm in marshall missouri. 'bout halfway between kansas city and columbia
    Last edited by fred414141; 11-16-2006 at 04:31 PM. Reason: spelling,my sssss key ssssssuckssssss !
    '83 glx vert with '82 gt frontend

if you aren't trying to blow the horn with the signal lever and reaching for the key release button on your other vehicles,you're not driving the fox enough !

Hey! That is the weekend after my birthday! I may just have to enter my car! Party at my house on saturday night! Bon Fire!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12