Close

Default Saw a Mustang SVo for the first time

For the first time I saw a Original Mustang SVO. Man I love the car. Price was 5000$ (canadian) Obo.

Everything was original too. I never noticed the small things on the car till I actully see them up close. Like the HUGE rotors or the Adjestable shock's. A sunroof on it...It had a Switch for the Amp too??

Man I wish I had pics of it. I would trade up my capri for one of those baby's anyday.
    I may own a "american gas guzzler", But I get to the finish line first =)

Yup amp switch, turn off the amp so you can freak out the passengers!
    No matter where you go, there you are

Quote Originally Posted by mfpmax View Post
    Yup amp switch, turn off the amp so you can freak out the passengers!
    Like with a Girl Friend... install a fuel pump cut off switch to freak her out.
    1985 Mustang GT Mild 331 4bbl 5 spd, 1985 SEFI LTD LX AOD.
    Cardomain: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/565542
    Mid Size LTD LX Facebook page! http://www.facebook.com/groups/233213650060739/

FEP Member

what car do you have in Niagara falls? I live in thorold

Quote Originally Posted by Marz View Post
    Like with a Girl Friend... install a fuel pump cut off switch to freak her out.
    Oh well...ran out of gas, knew I should've filled it up...wink wink!
    No matter where you go, there you are

FEP Super Member

I drove Ricks (SVOman2300) SVO today. Felt darn good to be behind the wheel of another one and I love the cobra brakes on that thing.

kyle
    Also, do not be so quick to judge someone's comments as being derogatory. It is often difficult to interpret someone's intentions having only text and no body language or tone of voice to guide you.
    "If road racing where easy it would be called drag racing"
    1986 Thunderbird 5.0/AOD

Quote Originally Posted by dean85gt View Post
    what car do you have in Niagara falls? I live in thorold
    Oh no way?

I own the 1985 White and black Capri RS.

gtluke

man thats funny
    i see at least 3 svo's a month
    people still drive them around all the time here. i've seen at least 35 different ones.

Blog Entries

/me looks outside.

Yep, I see one.

I think it's interesting to see where pockets of certain types of cars are concentrated, and seeing where the corresponding voids of these cars are.

We have a lot of everything in the SW because nothing rusts to death. I see SVOs pretty regularly (not including ours). Capris, though...well, you pretty much have to come to our driveway for that. Although, we did see an 86 5.0 Capri yesterday. Pretty cool.

FEP Member

I think I saw your car at cruise night one week. I have a grey 85 GT. I havent had it out all summer cause of a new motor but there is a grey 86 GT that belongs to my friend that is always at cruise night...its my cars twin.

Quote Originally Posted by HiddenGem View Post
    Oh no way?

I own the 1985 White and black Capri RS.

Just wait until you actually drive an SVO and have 20psi of boost light the tires up in smoke and push you back it the seat.

It kills me because I had a regular 4cyl mustang before and at first while accelerating the SVO feels just like it and then out of nowhere it feels like a truck rams into the back of it and it just takes off.
    '79 Indy pace car T-top
    '81 Cobra
    '81 Cobra T-top
    '82 Mustang GT T-top
    '87 Corvette
    '10 Mustang GT Convertible
    '17 F250
    '17 Landrover Discovery Sport

got to love the boost
    1983 Capri RS Turbo
    1986 Bronco 351ho
    VP Berks County Mustang Car Club
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2462250

Boost rocks! I want more! LOL

I've never really been that close, and to tell you the truth, prior to joining this site, I never really understood what the big deal was about them. I mean a 4 banger turbo? Why? BUT.....Then I joined this site. And from all you guys talking about these things, I kinda want one......
    "Swaddled in a silent, climate-controlled cocoon of leather, modern drivers are subjected to what could only be charitably called a rubber room."

-1983 RS Capri:302,demon,blower,baer,svo,3:73,viper 6 spd,Trickflow,Eibach,BBK,borla, msd,autometer,ect.
    -1980 RS Capri: $300 junkyard find, aka: Project Resurection
    -1995 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC: Daily Driver
    -2007 GT: alloy metallic, 4.6, motorsport 2.3 supercharger, 3:73 gears, 20" shelby wheels, borla exhaust, cervinis functional ram air hood, side scoops, dyno 475 to the wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by dean85gt View Post
    I think I saw your car at cruise night one week. I have a grey 85 GT. I havent had it out all summer cause of a new motor but there is a grey 86 GT that belongs to my friend that is always at cruise night...its my cars twin.
    Ooooohh, Is that the guy with a short shift knob in his car? Works at Defasco? He's a good guy. I parked by his car a couple of time's, got to talkin and shootin the ****.
    Last edited by HiddenGem; 10-03-2006 at 12:16 PM.

Travis T

I never got my buddy's SVO back together before he lost interest and sold it, but I had a Merkur XR4Ti with that same turbo 4, and there is nothing to compare to how that turbo 4 feels. That car was awesome. I sold it because it was from up north and started turning brown around the edges.

FEP Member

yeah his name is adam. The other guy is chris with the maroon 89 GT. They always wear cowboy hats lol. Heres a pic of my car, I guess you wont see it till next year.

ADAM thats what it was, I coulden't remember it. Yeah I met his buddy with the 89 GT. There both good guy's. I only met him about a month ago. Speaking of that, Your car kind of look like his too. Im surprised I havn't seen you around??

Anyways, I parked right beside him a couple of time's, Here's my car.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Evil86lx View Post
    I drove Ricks (SVOman2300) SVO today. Felt darn good to be behind the wheel of another one and I love the cobra brakes on that thing.

kyle
    So did I. His clutch would drive me insane and it doesn't make boost till four grand, but the brakes were phenomenal and the interior is a good vision for what mine will be again someday.

Brian
    --Brian
    '86 SVO 1C Comp Prep - work in progress
    '92 2.3T hatch, heavily modded - totalled by hit-and-run, RIP