Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Rare 86Gt? help

Quote Originally Posted by Sellis1012 View Post
    Van who? Never heard of that Mustang edition. Is that like a Saleen or Roush? Probably not worth much.

http://www.vangoghgallery.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Pony88 View Post
    The moldings don't match in color cause some one painted the moldings and most of the paint is peeling.
    it does have a foglight housing by the knee, but switch is broken and half missing.

[Edited by admin. PM Sent.]
    Last edited by negusm; 09-22-2006 at 09:36 AM.

Lizardking> I'm with you bud, I didn't really care,just thought it was odd. I bought it to pull the motor and tranny out, but after seing only 244 made this color, I think I'll just drive it. Does kinda have way to many mods to be looked at as factory/oem.

So how about that buck tag pic

I tryed, my camera doesn't do that great on stuff that small. I'll try again when I get back, I'm out of town right now.

This thread brings back several fond memories.

I once had a neighbor in Lubbock, TX back in '91 who had a Mustang that same color. I saw it every day I went out my front door for about 9 months. I had way too much going on in my life back then to notice if it was a GT or LX. I had no idea that color was an LX only color and that so few were made in that color. Where did you get that number? No wonder I've never seen another one like it! Believe me, I've looked. That car was absolutely pristine and looked GREAT! It looked bone stock right down to the 10-holes. However, once it fired up, you knew it wasn't stock. It was wicked fast for a Mustang back then. The aero mustangs were all the rage at that time, but I didn't care for them at all. Next to the white/charcoal with red interior bubble back Capri RS a kid one grade above me in high school owned just down the street from me, I give much credit to that Mustang for contributing to my foxbody lust.

Enjoy your Mustang. I prefer non-sunroof and T-top cars such as yours.
    Last edited by MHISSTC; 09-24-2006 at 12:31 AM.
    NASA Rocky Mountain
    HPDE Group Leader and CMC Racer

I tryed, my camera doesn't do that great on stuff that small. I'll try again when I get back, I'm out of town right now.
    A piece of paper and a pencil works too! Would be a lot easier to see than the poor picture of the VC label that was posted on page 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Pony88
    Paint color: 7b
    Build date: 7/86
    If you can get those codes from the VC Label and post them you can get the codes from the Body/Buck Tag and post them too.
    Last edited by FoxChassis; 09-24-2006 at 08:47 AM.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Quote Originally Posted by FoxChassis View Post

The power window/lock and inner door handle cups are chrome-plated, as is the trim that goes down and across the door panel (above the armrest). All those pieces in a GTs should be black.
    My 86 GT (Confirmed by BUCK tag) has the exact trim piece that goes down and across the door panel that this car does. My interior is red though.
    Last edited by 93-331-29PSI; 09-24-2006 at 08:58 AM. Reason: Guess I should have read the entire 4 pages first. Oh well.
    83 GT Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by 93-331-29PSI View Post
    My 86 GT (Confirmed by BUCK tag) has the exact trim piece that goes down and across the door panel that this car does. My interior is red though.
    My 85 GT has that chrome strip down on the door panels too.
    1985 Mustang GT Mild 331 4bbl 5 spd, 1985 SEFI LTD LX AOD.
    Cardomain: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/565542
    Mid Size LTD LX Facebook page! http://www.facebook.com/groups/233213650060739/

Quote Originally Posted by Marz View Post
    My 85 GT has that chrome strip down on the door panels too.
    Yes, I think only 1984 (or earlier) had differences in door panels for that trim piece.

So guys..... What is needed to put these thing back lx style?

Also I should have the buck tag numbers later today

Vin#1fabp28mxgf296066

Buck tag:

Mustang
    296066 61B M 4488
    7BB DF ST
    AC 04 HB S
    WD 01
    B EI 04 1 X 2

And just before the "wd" on the third line, it has a 7 and a 2 puched out. I pulled the buck tag so I got pics

Buck tag:

Mustang
    296066 61B M 4488
    7BB DF ST
    AC 04 HB S
    WD 01
    B EI 04 1 X 2

And just before the "wd" on the third line, it has a 7 and a 2 puched out. I pulled the buck tag so I got pics
    Yep. It's an LX. No GT on the tag.

To answer your question from before, the only things I can see you need to do is to swap out those side GT mouldings and rebadge the rear deck lid correctly.

296066 = CUN
    61B = Mustang Hatchback
    M = 5.0L
    7BB = Shadow BLue
    DF = Door Frames
    ST = Steel Bumper???
    AC = ??
    HB = Heated Back (rear defrost)

Not sure on the rest. There is an interior code in there but I need to consult another source for it.

-Mike

DF does not equal 'door frames'. My '83 w/ "factory" T-roof has DF stamped to its original Body/Buck Tag and it obviously has no door frames.

S = cruise control
    WD = power windows and locks
    B = Regatta Blue interior
    EI = electronic fuel injection
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Quote Originally Posted by FoxChassis View Post
    DF does not equal 'door frames'. My '83 w/ "factory" T-roof has DF stamped to its original Body/Buck Tag and it obviously has no door frames.
    Well, actually I thought it was door frame blackout. But in either case, I agree it probably is unknown what it means.

-Mike

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234